I did stuff a long time ago for the site
Magic the Gathering: Tournament I
Approved By BillydaKid
Approved By BillydaKid
Hello Magic the Gathering friends. Welcome to the first ever Magic the Gathering Tournament on Smogon.
In order to play in this tournament, you need to have Cockarice downloaded and working before the tournament starts. You can find details and instructions on their website: http://cockatrice.de/
You can also ask one of the members in #mtg for helping setting up
This will be a Modern tournament. The banlist, blocks and other misc item can be found at the official Wizard of the Coasts website http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Res...rces/sfrmodern
The tournament rules are directly ripped from the Yu-Gi-Oh tournament (Atticus is a boss and let me, so thanks to him)
1. All players must carefully familiarize themselves with the latest rulebook and follow the rules carefully.
2. If there is a dispute in terms of rulings, refer to the Magic Wiki or ask a knowledgable person on our IRC channel #mtg.
3. Game discussion will be held on #mtg on irc.synirc.net. This can also be used to schedule matches and find some help for your deck! I can't stress this chat enough, there's almost always someone on and I encourage you to use it for anything MTG related
4. You DO HAVE TO use the same deck throughout the entire tournament and you CANNOT change your deck during the same round.
4a. In order to be fair, send in decks to TheAngry Scientist; he has generously volunteered to collect the decks for the tournament in order to make sure that people aren't changing between rounds. Thanks!
5. The tournament is played in two parts: the first part of the tournament will be a Swiss round. The number of people that signup will be divided into 2 group. Each player will play all the other players in a best of 3. The 2 players with the best records from each group will move onto the round of 4. The #1 seed from group one will then play the #2 from group two and vice versa. The proceeding rounds will be best of 3 as well.
6. No player may reveal the contents of their opponent's deck. Doing so will get you kicked out of the tournament and banned from future tournaments
7. Each player may use a 15 card Side Deck or no sideboard at all; nothing in between
8. Creativity is encouraged, although not mandatory. (Ripping other peoples decks off the internet isn't a bad idea *wink wink*)
9. It is advised that players compete whilst drunk, high, or any other mood to insure the most fun possibly. EVERYONE and their mom wants to duel a drunk Hobo Joe.
10. - All matches will be played on Cockatrice in best 2 out of 3 match format. NO exceptions.
11. Signups will be up until next Thursday at 5 PM MST
The current signup list is as follows:
2. Lady Salamance
6. Mr Escalator
9. whistle the gay
12. Tea Demon
20. Blue Captain
Good luck guys