Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
While I was only watching a friend, and not battling myself, I watch my friend battle this guy who had literally the most lulz-worthy bad team I've ever seen. After the battle, I managed to convince him that he should let me have the team, and he obliged. See for yourself.

I WILL CUT YOU (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Power-Up Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Poison Jab

What Am I? (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Fire Fang
- Protect

GhettoKyurem (Kyurem-Black) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Hail
- Fusion Bolt

Ty (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Avalanche
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Greg (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Aerial Ace

ClownShark (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Earthquake

I wish I were joking

I didn't knew it was a thing so I was really impressed by it, still did you see that battle? The other guy kept spamming spore letting Ferrotorn set up unhindered and then brought HP Poison Greninja, I'll grant you missing spore not working on Ferrothorn since Grass type being unaffected "powder" moves is new in this gen, but not knowing Steels are immune to poison? That is simply to much, seriously how do you find those guys?

I didn't knew it was a thing so I was really impressed by it, still did you see that battle? The other guy kept spamming spore letting Ferrotorn set up unhindered and then brought HP Poison Greninja, I'll grant you missing spore not working on Ferrothorn since Grass type being unaffected "powder" moves is new in this gen, but not knowing Steels are immune to poison? That is simply to much, seriously how do you find those guys?
When i first started x/y i used twave on jolteon......_.

Um, Special Landorus is a thing...a major thing in fact. Unless it was Landorus-T, but Landorus-I almost always runs a special set with sheer force and life orb because things like earth power and psychic are boosted by sheer force (meaning also that he gets free life orb boosts without any recoil) whereas e.g. earthquake and stone edge aren't. Also, flinging a king's rock isn't that silly since it causes a guaranteed flinch, and would (presumably) trigger Hawlucha's unburden. The problem is that Landorus is just faster so there couldn't be any flinch, but he could have just wanted his unburden boost.

Metal Sound Aegislash is pretty silly though.
It was Lando-T. And with the King's Rock, I just thought it was strange seeing that on anything other than Cloyster or something using multi-hit moves. And Fling.

I'm not sure if this counts, as it was on Wi-Fi battles. My friend has a LO Darmanitan (normal) with Flare Blitz (normal), Fire Punch (Understandable, if you just need to use a fire type move w/o all of the power) U-turn (made sense) and FIRE FANG. In case he wanted a burn. I'm not sure if he knows that Darmanitan gets Will-O-Wisp, but he should've researched it. He also runs Spore/Substitute/Focus Punch/MACH PUNCH Breloom. Because "I didn't want to wait the two turns that Focus Punch takes".

Honestly? just spectate OU battles. it'll take maybe less than 5 battles to find something.

Technically this doesn't belong here: but I was playing Battle Spot and some guy had a Reflect Chesnaught.

I didn't even know the fucker got Screens.

Honestly? just spectate OU battles. it'll take maybe less than 5 battles to find something.
Speaking of which... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-87308457
it was all okay I guess, till the dude whipped out a mandibuzz... and used Nasty Plot. His responses to my inquiries where so cryptic and amusing (I'm HaschelOwnYou, it's an alt for testing stupid things)

Then the other dude set up a mega lucario with nasty plot, while burned... and used close combat. I won't reveal which elite trainer won, but after some hearty "NO YOU'RE A NOOB"

the battle mercifully ended

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-87310279

jdhampton: ummm what? priority?
Flipping Tables: must be flame body
jdhampton has 120 seconds left.
Skymin50: looks like someone must've forgot to put on gale wings
Skymin50: :^)
jdhampton: never changed it
Skymin50: ^
jdhampton: so weird
Skymin50: showdown likes to fuck up sometimes
Flipping Tables: It's on flame body by default
jdhampton has 90 seconds left.
Skymin50: yep
jdhampton: oh well

How do you forget to change it to Gale Wings? Isn't that, like, plainly obvious?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-87310279

jdhampton: ummm what? priority?
Flipping Tables: must be flame body
jdhampton has 120 seconds left.
Skymin50: looks like someone must've forgot to put on gale wings
Skymin50: :^)
jdhampton: never changed it
Skymin50: ^
jdhampton: so weird
Skymin50: showdown likes to fuck up sometimes
Flipping Tables: It's on flame body by default
jdhampton has 90 seconds left.
Skymin50: yep
jdhampton: oh well

How do you forget to change it to Gale Wings? Isn't that, like, plainly obvious?
nah, it happens some times. Dude I fought accidentally picked hyper beam instead of hyper voice for sylveon. The team builder can be annoying, especially on mobile devices

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I saw an Imposter Ditto without a Scarf and a Genesect with Gunk Shot.
Cause it's not like Genesect has ANY Steel STAB to get dem Fairies.

EDIT: I also know somebody IRL that uses Dark Pulse on Umbreon. WHY?

I'm not sure if this counts, as it was on Wi-Fi battles. My friend has a LO Darmanitan (normal) with Flare Blitz (normal), Fire Punch (Understandable, if you just need to use a fire type move w/o all of the power) U-turn (made sense) and FIRE FANG. In case he wanted a burn. I'm not sure if he knows that Darmanitan gets Will-O-Wisp, but he should've researched it. He also runs Spore/Substitute/Focus Punch/MACH PUNCH Breloom. Because "I didn't want to wait the two turns that Focus Punch takes".
If I recall rightly Focus Punch starts focusing at the start of the turn and, if un touched, hits at the end of that turn. It's not a 2-turn move... So his argument about running Mach Punch is rendered a moot point there.

He must know the guy who i saw using Nasty Plot on a Lucario with Close Combat,Crunch and Extreme Speed with nothing at all to actually benefit from his set up. I mean if he intended to do that in order to lure in special walls to take them out and surprise them with physical moves then more props to him, however i don't think that was what he intended because he used nasty plot even after revealing his whole set to be physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)