Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Cloyster with HP fire... actually did a clean 45% to my 252/0 Scizor while avoiding a OHKO after rocks from my +2 BP.
Almost cost me the match too. I should probably rethink my life.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Carracosta was probably fishing for a burn
"Fishing for a burn"

Against a Giratina.

Seems legit, considering that despite Giratina having no reliable recovery, you should attempt a not very effective move and a 30% for a burn.......

When your priority should be Aqua Jet to KO that thing.

Um......

"Fishing for a burn"

Against a Giratina.

Seems legit, considering that despite Giratina having no reliable recovery, you should attempt a not very effective move and a 30% for a burn.......

When your priority should be Aqua Jet to KO that thing.

Um......
First of all, do you realize that a 252+ Life Orb Carracosta Ice Beam does a whopping 16.6-19.8 percent to a +1 Girantina with no Special Defense investment? For fucks sake, a burn does 12.5 percent per turn! Provided he isn't a RestTalk set, which happens to be considered semi-reliable recovery, the scald burn is the best thing to go for, not an ice beam which does a grand total of like 11 percent after leftovers. Yes the obvious priority was to use a move that could possibly 7HKO instead if going for a burn first, which would allow you to at least get off some consistent damage. Good Riddance.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-90628097 — Life Orb Celebi with Swords Dance/Seed Bomb/Zen Headbutt/Sucker Punch is a very reliable cleaner.
More relevant to the topic at hand:
>Leaving Landorus-T in on an Air Balloon Aegislash. If it's an Aegislash with an Air Balloon, it's pretty obvious you're about to eat a Hidden Power Ice.
>Leaving Mega Charizard X in to take Toxic damage. When Charizard had never even set up and thus had no reason not to switch.
>Leaving Latias in after the Draco Meteor nerf.
>Draco Meteoring my Blissey instead of just whacking me with Psyshock.

Another match, I think Celebi actually ended up taking out five of my opponent's Pokémon.

Last edited:

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
First of all, do you realize that a 252+ Life Orb Carracosta Ice Beam does a whopping 16.6-19.8 percent to a +1 Girantina with no Special Defense investment? For fucks sake, a burn does 12.5 percent per turn! Provided he isn't a RestTalk set, which happens to be considered semi-reliable recovery, the scald burn is the best thing to go for, not an ice beam which does a grand total of like 11 percent after leftovers. Yes the obvious priority was to use a move that could possibly 7HKO instead if going for a burn first, which would allow you to at least get off some consistent damage. Good Riddance.
Actually, the point was to illustrate that it's main priority should have been attacking, as Scalds Burn chance, as trolly as it is, is still low.

Furthermore, the matchup itself is also horrendous.

Sorry if I offended you or something, I mean, sorry. :(

Giga Impact Zoroark
Flamethrower Mega Kangaskhan (cuz Fire Punch wasn't enough, damn Ferrothorn)
Dragon Pulse Arceus(-Steel)
Jirachi Draco Meteoring a Metagross (16%)... then doing it again.

It was of course in Ubers, but I couldn't resist.

Destroy Pseudo-Stupid stuff part 1.
Skunktank fits many Roles on a team. Its a defog user that has decent bulk, Pursuit, Suckerpunch and is not a flying type. The best answer against Deoxys-S.
Blast Burn Charizard:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard Blast Burn vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 616-726 (86.2 - 101.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
it Has a good chance to OHKO Blissey...
Ninjask actually outclasses Scolipede when you want to pass speed boosts. Why? Defog. It's easy to lay down Stealth Rocks/Spikes on Speed boost Scolipede. Ninjask on the other hand removes these hazards.
Lanturn and Rotom-W are both good. Lanturn has Heal Bell, high HP and Volt Absorb, Rotom-W has Levitate, Pain Split and hits harder. Really, I would say that Lanturn is better than Rotom-W when used with Staraptor/Talonflame, while Rotom-W is better when used with Scizor
Rock slide Aggron is when you hate Low accuraty moves

Destroy Pseudo-Stupid stuff part 1.
Skunktank fits many Roles on a team. Its a defog user that has decent bulk, Pursuit, Suckerpunch and is not a flying type. The best answer against Deoxys-S.
Blast Burn Charizard:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard Blast Burn vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 616-726 (86.2 - 101.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Ninjask actually outclasses Scolipede when you want to pass speed boosts. Why? Defog. It's easy to lay down Stealth Rocks/Spikes on Speed boost Scolipede. Ninjask on the other hand removes these hazards.
Lanturn and Rotom-W are both good. Lanturn has Heal Bell, high HP and Volt Absorb, Rotom-W has Levitate, Pain Split and hits harder. Really, I would say that Lanturn is better than Rotom-W when used with Staraptor/Talonflame, while Rotom-W is better when used with Scizor
Rock slide Aggron is when you hate Low accuraty moves
Skunktank is the best answer against deoxys-s. Wut. Because sucker punch and aftermath? There are better pokemon to fill that role while filling many others such as bisharp mandibuzz etc.

So you're going to set up sun and wait a turn to recharge to try to kill blissey with a special attacker?

So when ninjask uses defog I can OHKO it's weak body. Okay

Lanturn as good as rotom? Lanturn doesn't have levitate that alone makes it vastly inferior to rotom.

Actually, the point was to illustrate that it's main priority should have been attacking, as Scalds Burn chance, as trolly as it is, is still low.

Furthermore, the matchup itself is also horrendous.

Sorry if I offended you or something, I mean, sorry. :(
I'm not offended, but I was just making a point that Carracosta wouldn't be able to beat a Giratina with ice beam, and that you should at least get a burn on the thing, which would be doing more damage than an ice beam after another calm mind or so.

Today, in Ubers -

A offensive Deoxys-D set. Didn't see much but here's what I got.

Deoxys-Defense @ Eject Button
Ability: Pressure
- Fire Punch
- Detect
- ???
- ???

A team with Ninjask...only to have Smeargle as a baton passer. And even then, Scolipede exists..

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-90853927
No words. Enjoy clawing your eyes out.
i don't even know what the hell
On one side of the field, you have someone who accidentally brought their NU team into OU, and on the other side, you have such powerhouses as Fly Landorus-Therian, Physical Endeavor Blissey with a Sitrus Berry, Fire Blast + Blue Flare Victini, Night Shade Gengar, and Future Sight Togekiss.
Society has failed.

i don't even know what the hell
On one side of the field, you have someone who accidentally brought their NU team into OU, and on the other side, you have such powerhouses as Fly Landorus-Therian, Physical Endeavor Blissey with a Sitrus Berry, Fire Blast + Blue Flare Victini, Night Shade Gengar, and Future Sight Togekiss.
Society has failed.
HE should feel a bit..ashamed. Really. BEEDRILL. He's using Beedrill. And Luvdisc.

Blast Burn Charizard:
Except in the case that I mentioned above, the Charizard in question did not have Choice Specs or Solar Power, and sun was not up.

HE should feel a bit..ashamed. Really. BEEDRILL. He's using Beedrill. And Luvdisc.
It was obviously some kind of NU or joke team, I mean CM Musharna isn't tearing up OU any time soon either. At least he played intelligently and his move sets made sense.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-90628097 — Life Orb Celebi with Swords Dance/Seed Bomb/Zen Headbutt/Sucker Punch is a very reliable cleaner.
More relevant to the topic at hand:
>Leaving Landorus-T in on an Air Balloon Aegislash. If it's an Aegislash with an Air Balloon, it's pretty obvious you're about to eat a Hidden Power Ice.
>Leaving Mega Charizard X in to take Toxic damage. When Charizard had never even set up and thus had no reason not to switch.
>Leaving Latias in after the Draco Meteor nerf.
>Draco Meteoring my Blissey instead of just whacking me with Psyshock.

Another match, I think Celebi actually ended up taking out five of my opponent's Pokémon.
I'd like to thank you for introducing me to physical celebi. That was beautiful to watch. I didn't even frigid know it got sucker punch.

Skunktank is the best answer against deoxys-s. Wut. Because sucker punch and aftermath? There are better pokemon to fill that role while filling many others such as bisharp mandibuzz etc.

So you're going to set up sun and wait a turn to recharge to try to kill blissey with a special attacker?

So when ninjask uses defog I can OHKO it's weak body. Okay

Lanturn as good as rotom? Lanturn doesn't have levitate that alone makes it vastly inferior to rotom.
1. An Adamant Skuntank can do 82.8-97.3% damage to standart Deo-S with Crunch. Mandibuzz has problems with Taunt and Trick, while Skuntank really doesn't care about Trick. Also, Mandibuzz is Stealth Rock weak, Skuntank not. Skuntank is a utility Pokemon, filling muliple niches in one Pokemon. It can use Sucker punch to hit a target with Priority, Defog, Puirsut trap AND cripple potential physical attakers.
Bisharp can do everything Skuntank can, bit it can't defog. Mandibuzz can defog really good, but its not a decent pursuit trapper. Skuntank is a utility pokemon.

2. This was just to demonstrate Charizards sheer power. Blast burn should really only be used if you are going to die because of solar power in this turn or when you face something that heavily troubles your team. (The Zard called silly didn't have solar power and sun wasn't up...)

3. Ninjask is a lead. When you lead against something like Ferrothorn, you will probably get a free substitute, when you use substitute at the same time he uses Spikes. Defog when you are behind a substitute.

4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lanturn: 248-294 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 168-200 (55.2 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

They have similar Physical bulk with maximum Investment.

252 SpA Roserade Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 164-194 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Roserade Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lanturn: 204-242 (44.9 - 53.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Better Special bulk with Max investment.

Lanturns bulk is better. The only difference between Lanturn and Rotom-W is the different immunity. Paired with a Flying type mon like Talonflame or Staraptor, or with Rotom-H, the Ground weakness dosent matter.
252 SpA Roserade Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 164-194 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 234-276 (76.9 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Roserade Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Lanturn: 300-354 (66 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lanturn: 248-294 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The only difference between Lanturn and Rotom-W is the different immunity. Paired with a Flying type mon like Talonflame or Staraptor, or with Rotom-H, the Ground weakness dosent matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)