Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Shit volume 48: Spring Forward Edition
-Hyper Beam Aegislash.
-Graveler.
-A rare manga protagonist team, featuring Metronome Munchlax, Frenzy Plant Torterra, and Hyper Beam Lickilicky: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96219220
-Trevenant using Will-o-Wisp on Charizard.
-Two more Sap Sipper+Belly Drum Azumarill. One of them was also SubSalac.
-This: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96219166
-Fire Punch Alakazam.
-While Aegislash can make use of Pursuit, the same cannot be said for Night Slash.
-Speaking of Will-o-Wisp being used on Fire types, Cofagrigus did it to Talonflame. Twice.
-Flash Cannon Metagross.
-Agility+Speed Boost Ninjask. Gotta go fast.
-Another guy who accidentally took his LC team into OU.
-Xatu apparently not realizing Crawdaunt is Dark type and using Psychic on it.
-A Meowstic-M whose lone attack was... Fake Out. Enjoy your Taunt.
-Calm Mind Volcarona.
-Said Volcarona setting up on Haze Skuntank.
-Umbreon using Confuse Ray on Espeon.
-Pure special M-Garchomp.
-Water Pulse M-Aggron.
-Physical Y-zard.
-Specially offensive M-Banette.
-Grass Knot Azumarill.
-Magician Klefki.
-Passing a single Calm Mind to a Snorlax.

And just as a friendly reminder to any Americans reading this, don't forget to change your clocks.

Discrepancies that I see
Random Shit volume 47: It Might As Well Be Spring Edition
-Dragon Pulse+Draco Meteor Noivern. Redundant STAB is redundant. Exist sets that use Dragon Pulse + Draco Meteor to use depending on circunstances. Rare ut not silly.
-An attempt to Toxic a Klefki. Depends of the situation and the opponent. If the opponent as Heatran, it wouldbe understandable why.
-Mandibuzz without Overcoat. Not that bad if it uses Big Pecks. No utility on competitive, but Mandibuzz is not completely dependent on the ability.
-Special X-Zard. It's viable. MCharizard-X has the stats and movepool (except lack of Draco Meteor) to ause it. It's not the physical one but it works.
-Lucario with Focus Blast, which missed twice. 40 BP is important. ad luck however.
-Future Sight+Healing Wish Gardevoir. Healing Wish is viable on Gardevoir. Healing Wish support can deadly with S threats.
-Rain Dance... Crobat? I personally used it on a Rain team. Although a rain team is easy to identify y team preview.

-Um... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-95908346

People were asking about this
yes he does, he's at base 81 speed, which isn't very high, hitting those pokes faster than him with paralysis helps him greatly, it also helps in stalling

it scares away certain counters because they don't want to be paralyzed

for the record, gyarados also learns ice fang, which will out damage two bounces, so covering grass types is not the reason why he's using bounce
27% of Paralysis is too bad against a threat on the level on gyarados. Specially on a Gyarados. Also, Gyarados has the bulk to use it (the standard Bounce set uses bulk), has a boosting mvoe to make the move and it's no easy to switch into Bounce (specially in Gen IV) because the pokemon that switch into that, or are walls, or doesn't take Waterfall well, because the magic of "perfect coverage". Water-Flying in Gen IV was only resisted by Empoleon (who only had Grass Knot, 120 BP against it) and Lanturn (which it's rare and easy to defeat.

I also saw a Sunny Day MCharizard-X here. That set is viable in sun teams as a back up:
Charizard @ Charizardite-X
Ability: Blaze > Tough Claws Nature: Jolly
EV: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
-Sunny Day
-Flare Blitz
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Dragon Dance/Earthquake.

People were asking about this

27% of Paralysis is too bad against a threat on the level on gyarados. Specially on a Gyarados. Also, Gyarados has the bulk to use it (the standard Bounce set uses bulk), has a boosting mvoe to make the move and it's no easy to switch into Bounce (specially in Gen IV) because the pokemon that switch into that, or are walls, or doesn't take Waterfall well, because the magic of "perfect coverage". Water-Flying in Gen IV was only resisted by Empoleon (who only had Grass Knot, 120 BP against it) and Lanturn (which it's rare and easy to defeat.

I also saw a Sunny Day MCharizard-X here. That set is viable in sun teams as a back up:
Charizard @ Charizardite-X
Ability: Blaze > Tough Claws Nature: Jolly
EV: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
-Sunny Day
-Flare Blitz
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Dragon Dance/Earthquake.
I saw the manual sun megazard x. It's moveset looked a little more like this
- Sunny Day
- Dragon dance
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Starmie and Tentacruel are still OU IIRC (for now, at least). [edit: yep, they're #47 and #46, respectively, out of 50 OU mons]

Also, Cosmic Power ALL the things!
Uh, I tought Tentacruel was UU.
Still, why he didn't try to spin the hazards away with 3 possible candidates for Rapid Spin?

EDIT:
UU in Ou isn't that bad you know. OU in Ou is oobviously preferable, but a UU team depending on what's in it is still OK. I had a guy rage quit to my Nu team in Ou once, so it's not all that bad (I should of kept that replay ;~;)
I konw, but it's still unusual.
I mean, usually you see at most 1 or 2 UU Pokés in a team, or you see a full UU team.

X-Scissor Excadrill hits Espeon, Deoxys-S and D, Starmie and a few others but an EQ will majority of the time do more damage to them (Due to all of them except Deo-D having atrocious Physical defense). Also, the BW analysis had Shadow Claw instead, which I assume is for hitting Psychics as well. (And Ghosts too)

And I do admit to using that, now since then I changed that, but still.
shadow claw is to take out spinblockers

I just had a battle against a team of only Ferrothorn and Magnemite. OHKO'ed Ferro on turn 1, then he ragequit.

Edit: Magical Leaf Togekiss, and Goodra using Draco Meteor on my Togekiss.

Last edited:
Magical Leaf Togekiss hits Rock-types I guess? But all the relevant Rock-types are also hit by Moonblast Dazzling Gleam (And before you ask, Rhyperior without Assault Vest is 2HKO'ed with DG).

Alright people, be honest, is my (winning) team really full on stall? I don't think so. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96381340

My opponents' odd plays/decisions include using return on Moltres, setting up SD's on Charizard X, using an offensive zapdos, and switching Articuno in on garchomp.
He set up SD on ChariXard because encore. The questionable decision was staying in.

Also, just letting you all know: I made a team with the help of an RNG and came up with Medicham, Cloyster, Braviary, Cincinno, Dusclops, and Dragalge and will be using it on the OU ladder to see what happens.

Guys. Look, i was bored and made a team full of gimmicks. I had Eviolite Metang with hone Claws, ASSAULT VEST BLISSEY, Pikachu (obvious set), Special Machamp, Special Tauros, and Shed Skin rest Stockpile Arbok.
I actually won,just.... look. Some... Hax help.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96392163

Why post it here? ASSAULT VEST BLISSEY.

Let me look around my logs from PO, because i have a guy who did 2 Snores on a row... awake, with Swampert.

Here's a fun match I just had. In this fight, we'll find a girl who looks like she skimmed Smogon for OU suggestions then put it together without actually knowing how to play. Evidence:
1. Has no idea how Bulletproof works
2. Doesn't know Steel is immune to Poison. Either that, or doesn't know Scizor is Steel.
3. DRIZZLE AND DROUGHT. ON THE SAME TEAM.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96394570

Here's a fun match I just had. In this fight, we'll find a girl who looks like she skimmed Smogon for OU suggestions then put it together without actually knowing how to play. Evidence:
1. Has no idea how Bulletproof works
2. Doesn't know Steel is immune to Poison. Either that, or doesn't know Scizor is Steel.
3. DRIZZLE AND DROUGHT. ON THE SAME TEAM.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96394570
Well... about the 3 point, i could argue that with the weather nerf, it doen´t matter that much. It was funny, indeed!

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
There's nothing wrong with using drizzle and drought on the same team. Especially when the drought user is someone good like charizard Y. It's why some ubers teams use groudon and kyogre on the same team.

I don't mean to be mean, but a lot of this thread has been "The Bad vs. the Terrible" lately. Perhaps I'm just being a spoilsport.

finncent1: Switching Articuno in on Garchomp seems sound, due to Ground immunity and being 4x SE VS Garchomp... until you remember that Garchomp carries Stone Edge. The other question is why did you go for Stone Edge, unless you predicted a switch? Offensive Zapdos doesn't seem like a 100% terrible idea due to its base stats, except that it's outclassed by both forms of Thundurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)