Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Shell smashing against Tyranitar is totally legit! Stone edge has about 10% accuracy anyway, so when it misses, you're free to set up and sweep!

Reminds me of fifth gen wifi battles. I had my Latias in against a garchomp and I had used calm mind 4 times already. Sand was up. I missed dragon pulse four times as garchomp used swords dance to boost three times and swept my team with outrage. I couldn't even get mad. The whole battle was hilariously dumb.

Shell smashing against Tyranitar is totally legit! Stone edge has about 10% accuracy anyway, so when it misses, you're free to set up and sweep!

Reminds me of fifth gen wifi battles. I had my Latias in against a garchomp and I had used calm mind 4 times already. Sand was up. I missed dragon pulse four times as garchomp used swords dance to boost three times and swept my team with outrage. I couldn't even get mad. The whole battle was hilariously dumb.
Sounds like the times my friends I battled each other. The highlights of those matches include:
1. Marowak missing Earthquake twice in a row on a Brightpowder Arcanine
2. Battle Factory Togekiss never hitting with Sky Attack. It had Hustle but it hit with its other moves. In the 5 matches we had it it never hit once with Sky Attack
3. Sharpedo never not flinching my Pokemon with Waterfall
4. My Garchomp never hitting itself in confusion after an Outrage like a champ
5. My Salamence never misses a Hydro Pump ever. And it always one shots everything with it. If it can't one shot normally then it crits in order to one shot. (Won me two battles 6-0 by that alone)

Sometimes luck is just weird.

But to stay on topic...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98339205
Brick Break Aegislash vs. Tyranitar that uses Stone Edge.

Did Tyranitars stop carrying Earthquake normally since I last got into it. Also, is the guy that worried about Reflect that he chooses Brick Break over the better and much cooler sounding (and thematically named while we're at it) Sacred Sword?

I've watched this just now in Ubers http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-98336239

Things of note:
- Why is the guy using Sceptile and Swampert in ubers? Maybe Garchomp and Salamence could thrive (more Garchomp than Salamence)...
- Giga Impact Garchomp
- Aerial Ace Deoxys-S (because we all know Aerial Ace is the end all be all coverage move...unless is the lack of ban on evasion really such a big deal that he's got to run perfect accuracy moves on everything)
- I don't know if this is a big deal or not, but is there any advantage to using Blaze Kick over Flare Blitz on Blaziken?
You missed a lot of goodstuff right there:
- BLAZE blaziken nuff said
- Ballon xerneas (power herb, leftovers, scarf are faaar better choices)
- Sitrus berry yveltal
- Ballon deoxys-s (wtf is wrong with the world!)

Too bad the replay is just 11 turns long :(

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98406514

Gimmick: the team.

Though none of the sets are completely inviable, it impresses me the sheer number of gimmicks this player decided to pile up in the same team. You should watch for your self, but the spoilers are below:

Baton passer Scolipede, Focus Energy Kingdra, Shadow Claw Aegislash, Shadow Claw Mega Heracross, and Swagplay Liepard. And this guy was in the 1500s.

Sure, I'm not saying his team was bad, but it's not common to see a team based on so many creative tactics which still gets to be sucessful. This guy was literally showing the middle finger to the metagame and getting away with it. Awesome.

- Sitrus berry yveltal
I don't usually mind Sitrus Berry too much. It's probably because for the most part I play games with item clause on (mostly cartridge play) and it's annoying to figure out how I'm going to get around not being allowed two Leftovers or two Life Orbs... Sitrius Berry saved my Empoleon from getting two shotted by a Mew (Leftovers would have done the same, but that was on my Politoed which I expect to survive well over 4 turns).

At least Yveltal can take a hit well enough to use Sitrus Berry unlike the other examples above...

I don't usually mind Sitrus Berry too much. It's probably because for the most part I play games with item clause on (mostly cartridge play) and it's annoying to figure out how I'm going to get around not being allowed two Leftovers or two Life Orbs... Sitrius Berry saved my Empoleon from getting two shotted by a Mew (Leftovers would have done the same, but that was on my Politoed which I expect to survive well over 4 turns).

At least Yveltal can take a hit well enough to use Sitrus Berry unlike the other examples above...
Yeah, but with oblivion wing you can get a lot of hp if you use a big root which is a very unusual item (not likely affected by item clause). With oblivion wing and big root you can get a lot more of hp back in ubers, way more than a 25%, since flying stab hits a lot of ubers for neutral damage. So sitrus berry is outclassed by big root+oblivion wing :P

I'm not saying that big root is a good item (read as very situational) for Yveltal, IMHO life orb is better.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98406514

Gimmick: the team.

Though none of the sets are completely inviable, it impresses me the sheer number of gimmicks this player decided to pile up in the same team. You should watch for your self, but the spoilers are below:

Baton passer Scolipede, Focus Energy Kingdra, Shadow Claw Aegislash, Shadow Claw Mega Heracross, and Swagplay Liepard. And this guy was in the 1500s.
Shadow Claw Aegislash could be used.... If you have a Trick Room team and you don't mind losing priority.
Now as for Critdra... I use one myself on my Johto Gym Leader team (Explains itself) and it wrecks things. When it's set up XD . I've seen people rage quit over it because I owned half their team. It's not a bad gimmick, just situational.

The great thing about this team is not only that it's full of terrible Pokemon, but also terrible movesets. The Curse/Leech Seed RestTalk Sunkern especially made me laugh.

I challenge someone to win using this team :
Unown @ Poison Barb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Poison]

Klink @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Minus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Shift Gear
- Autotomize
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Aurorus @ Magnet
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Magnet Rise

Ferrothorn @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Bulldoze
- Curse

Alakazam (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Recover
- Endure
- Shadow Ball

Bergmite @ Choice Band
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Fang
- Sharpen
- Sleep Talkhttp://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98465130
Tried, but that alakazam is illegal and aurorus ha is unreleased :[

EDIT: I DID IT (gave zam dazzling gleam and t wave and refrigerate on aurorus) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98465130

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So trop and i decided to use the scouting team a bit more to see what silly sets we'd see this time, and we did happen to get a few funny ones this time around! (some examples include power snow glalie and dragon tail brick break mega charizard y). As always, screeshots and logs will be listed below in hide tags. Screenshots taken by me and TropiOUs.

Raikoo frisked the opposing Greninja and found its Mental Herb! (it had only attacking moves afaik)

Molk's Dad used Trick!
Molk's Dad switched items with its target!
The opposing Serperior obtained one Choice Scarf.
Molk's Dad obtained one Occa Berry.

The opposing Gengar used Hypnosis!
Sleep Clause Mod activated.
But it failed!

The opposing Ampharos used Headbutt!

The opposing Gengar used Dream Eater!

The opposing Leafeon used Giga Impact!
Raikoo lost 48.9% of its health!

[13:07] <~Molk> flame charge hidden power rapidash

Raikoo knocked off the opposing Pineco's Leftovers! (Pineco was level 1 and only had stealth rock)

Imanalt used Trick!
Imanalt switched items with its target!
The opposing Steelix obtained one Choice Scarf.
Imanalt obtained one Iron Ball.

The opposing Gliscor used Aerial Ace!

http://puu.sh/7vgLM.png

The opposing Blissey restored HP using its Shell Bell!

More bullshit:

This battle -> http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-98466489
Flame Body Talonflame
Female Meowstic
Pikachu
Work Up Cinccino
Attract, Aerial Ace, Hyper Beam Ursaring (which took out a MegaZard X due to hax)
A Haxorus not Dragon Dancing against previous Ursaring recharging turn.
Body Slam Glalie
Breloom using Bullet Seed against... Skarmory. At full health.

The great thing about this team is not only that it's full of terrible Pokemon, but also terrible movesets. The Curse/Leech Seed RestTalk Sunkern especially made me laugh.

I challenge someone to win using this team :
Unown @ Poison Barb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Poison]

Klink @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Minus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Shift Gear
- Autotomize
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Aurorus @ Magnet
Ability: Refrigirate
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Magnet Rise

Ferrothorn @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Barbs
Naive Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Bulldoze
- Curse

Medicham (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pure Power
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Recover
- Endure
- Shadow Ball

Bergmite @ Choice Band
Ability: Own Tempo
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Fang
- Sharpen
- Sleep Talk
This team is by far not silly enough. I got numerous wins using a team consisting of Luvdisc, Delcatty, Castform, Ledian, Pumpkaboo and Delibird, albeit they had good movesets. Now, I made a team that is even sillier, and I challenge you to win with it!

Warning: Rated M for Manly.
Ledian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Comet Punch
- U-Turn
- Mach Punch

Delcatty @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Assist
- Wish
- Toxic
- Thunder

Castform @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Forecast
Modest Nature
- Powder Snow
- Ember
- Flamethrower
- Water Gun

Luvdisc @ Net Ball
Ability: Swift Swim
Naive Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Blizzard

Shuckle (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Calm Nature
- Infestation
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Shell Smash

Cryogonal @ Icicle Plate
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Attract
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Good luck.

Wow. This replay. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-98478837
Ignoring e fact that most of these aren't über Pokemon (I'm guilty of that) the other guy has some stupid things.
Rock Slide Aegislash (To be fair, it caught my Volcarona by surprise)
Said Aegislash not switching back to Shield Form.
Torrent Greninja with RAIN DANCE
Blaze Blaziken with OVERHEAT!
Among other things. Enjoy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)