Silph Co. - A Joint Trade Shop Venture!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
My Rules said:
30) I do not give my pokémon for free to people who plan to use it in a VGC. You'll have to trade for it just like anyone else. I may make an exception if I feel that I know you well enough.
Sorry, don't see anything I'm looking for atm.

Btw the link in your sig goes to the 41st post of this thread...

Updates:

IceArceus12's Mewtwo

#:150 Mewtwo
Level: 70
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
OT: FEB2012 ID: 02112
IV's: 30/18/31/31/30/30
EV's: UT
Moves: Psystrike/Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere/Electro Ball
Notes:
Non Redis
HP Rock 70
Event only move Electro Ball

IceArceus12's Darkrai

#:491 Darkrai
Level: 50
Nature: Modest
Ability: Bad Dreams
OT: 2012MAY ID: 05092
IV's: 30/18/30/31/31/31
Moves: Dark Void/Ominous Wind/Faint Attack/Nightmare
Notes:
Non Redis
HP Ice 70

IceArceus12's Victini

#:494 Victini
Level: 50
Ability: Victory Star
OT: Movie14 ID: 12031
Moves: V-Create/Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt/Searing Shot
Notes:
Non Redis
HP Ice 70
Event Only Moves V-Create, Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt

IceArceus12's Reshiram

#:643 Reshiram
Level: 100
Ability: Turboblaze
OT: SPR2012 ID: 03102
Moves: Blue Flare/Fusion Flare/Mist/Draco Meteor
Notes:
Non Redis
HP Ice 70

IceArceus12's Zorua

#:570 Zorua
Level: 10
Ability: Illusion
OT: Anant ID: 57794
IV's: 31/02/31/31/31/31
Moves: Scratch/Leer/Pursuit/Fake Tears
Notes:
Non Redis
Hidden Power Dragon 70
In Game Event Zorua

Coming Soon:

WISHMKR Jirachi with 4th Gen Tutor Moves! (3rd Gen event)

Summer 2012 Event Keldeo​

Questions on making a request

Hi, I'm a fairly new Smogon member and I was looking to make a request for one or two free VGC Pokemon if that is alright with you.

By the way, what is your preffered method for giving out the Pokemon. Is it through GTS trade?

Sorry for asking too many questions, I am fairly new.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm a fairly new Smogon member and I was looking to make a request for one or two free VGC Pokemon if that is alright with you.

By the way, what is your preffered method for giving out the Pokemon. Is it through GTS trade?

Sorry for asking too many questions, I am fairly new.

Thanks.
I'd recommend using a combination of pokecheck.org to dowmnload Pokémon files. Then you can upload them to pokegts.us to receive them onto your game.

The only exception would be if you're looking for something very niche. In which case you'd have to get someone to RNG it, and if they have to take the time to RNG it they'll probably want something in return.

I'd recommend using a combination of pokecheck.org to dowmnload Pokémon files. Then you can upload them to pokegts.us to receive them onto your game.

The only exception would be if you're looking for something very niche. In which case you'd have to get someone to RNG it, and if they have to take the time to RNG it they'll probably want something in return.

Since I am new to all this, I just wanted to confirm if the above methods are legal and that they do not stuff your save file up.

I am saying all this because it says on the PokeCheck website's FAQ that downloaded Pokemon should never be used on Random Match Up and Official Nintendo Competitions as Nintendo can find out that they are illegal. Here is a direct link to the FAQ http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=faq. Check out question 11 in the FAQ.

If you could clarify this for me, that would be great.

Sorry if am causing you any inconvenience, I don't have a lot of knowledge about this stuff.

BTW: Isn't it just possible to get my requested pokemon through a typical GTS trade that can be just arranged for a specific time. Also, I am actually looking to make a request for a cresselia to use in the VGC. I am looking for certain IV's on the Cresselia. If that is going to be hard for you since Cresselia is unbreedable, then how about a solosis with perfect IV's. Just to clarify I am actually making a request for a free Pokemon.

Thanks.

If you download the Pokémon directly from Pokécheck, they get given event ribbons so that you can't trade them on the GTS, and they will look cheated on the GBU, VGC etc.

However if you download the pkm file from Pokécheck (at the bottom of the Pokémon's page) you can then upload that file to pokegts.us you can receive it to your game ribbon free.

A pkm file is essentially all of a Pokémon's information put into a computer file. So what you download is the exact same Pokémon as what was uploaded.

It probably sounds like a big jump, if you've only just started online trading, but this is what everybody does because it's simply more convenient for everyone.

If you want to give out free Pokémon, you put them on Pokécheck.
If you want free Pokémon, go to Pokécheck.

If you download the Pokémon directly from Pokécheck, they get given event ribbons so that you can't trade them on the GTS, and they will look cheated on the GBU, VGC etc.

However if you download the pkm file from Pokécheck (at the bottom of the Pokémon's page) you can then upload that file to pokegts.us you can receive it to your game ribbon free.

A pkm file is essentially all of a Pokémon's information put into a computer file. So what you download is the exact same Pokémon as what was uploaded.

It probably sounds like a big jump, if you've only just started online trading, but this is what everybody does because it's simply more convenient for everyone.

If you want to give out free Pokémon, you put them on Pokécheck.
If you want free Pokémon, go to Pokécheck.

Hey, thanks for the explanation, you were really helpful. While reading the FAQ's I also found out that you can edit these .pkm files using programs such as PokeGen. Say if I find a Cresselia on PokeCheck that doesn't meet my needs. If I download its pkm file and edit it in PokeGen while still keeping its stats legal. Then if I receive this edited pkm file in my DS through pokegts.us, will it still be considered legal according to GBU and VGC standards.

Or, only un edited pkm files donloaded through PokeCheck and received through pokegts.us are considered legal in the GBU and VGC ?

Thanks.

Hey, thanks for the explanation, you were really helpful. While reading the FAQ's I also found out that you can edit these .pkm files using programs such as PokeGen. Say if I find a Cresselia on PokeCheck that doesn't meet my needs. If I download its pkm file and edit it in PokeGen while still keeping its stats legal. Then if I receive this edited pkm file in my DS through pokegts.us, will it still be considered legal according to GBU and VGC standards.

Or, only un edited pkm files donloaded through PokeCheck and received through pokegts.us are considered legal in the GBU and VGC ?

Thanks.
As long as everything about the Pokémon still looks legit after you've edited it then it'll be fine.

I've never done Pokémon editing before, but you have to make sure that the Nature matches the PID etc. Moves and EVs shouldn't be a problem but nicknames, IVs, and natures might be problematic.

You can always check that your edited Pokémon is legal by uploading it to Pokécheck again.

@Justin thyme- wanted to know if you could rng for me in pokemon black. I do not have a trade thread, but I can ev train for you.

@Justin Thyme

CMT?? Link in my sig

#619: Mienfoo
Level: 1
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Regenerator
IVs: 31/31/31/2 /31/31
EVs: None
Moves: Pound/U-turn

@Ice Arceus
CMT?
#:459 Snover (NN: Abomasnow)
Level: 1
Ability: Snow Warning
OT: APP ID: 16147
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: Powder Snow, Leer
Notes:
Non Redis

IceArceus12 Hi I'm interested in this -I can EV train it for you, if there's nothing you want from my shop.

Kaphotics' Shiny Thundurus

#:642 Thundurus
Level: 40
Ability: Prankster
OT: Kurt ID: 00007
IV's: 31/x/30/31/31/31
EV's: UT (EV Train me and keep a copy!)
Moves: Revenge/Shock Wave/Heal Block/Agility
Notes:
Fully Redis
Hidden Power Ice 70

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)