Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If we have news about Pokecheck, we will let everyone else know when it's appropriate. At this time, there is no information to share, please do not ask unless you want an infraction.
PSA: All shiny value related stuff will be going in this thread from now on. Please remember to use the forms in the OP.

k, going to make a post since this diancie thing is getting crazy with all the "is my diancie good?" questions and some people seem to be failing at common sense. Basically, you will now be infracted/given a warning on your profile if you post what is to put it in the simplest terms a crappy SR you shouldn't keep. Yes this is awfully subjective but let's be honest here, if you're aiming for a speed boosting nature like hasty and timid and you get a speed that is not a 30-31 that is not a keep, neutral natures have 0 competitive value so those are not keeps, and honestly IVs below 20s on stats you do care about on a Pokemon that naturally gets 3 31 IVs is really not something you should keep. These are just some examples of things that should make you think "this is not worth the keep, let me SR again instead of wasting time and cluttering the SQSR thread with something that is going to be a toss". This applies to other resets in the future not just diancie and this post is not to call out any one specific individual.
This thread is for....

1) Simple Item Trades
2) Simple Pokemon Trades
3) Setting up IV Battles
4) Evolution Requests, such as "Hey can someone trade with me so I can evolve my Kadabra?"
5) Asking if a non-RNGed Pokemon you just caught/bred is worth keeping or not (if it's RNG'd, the keep/toss dynamic does not apply)
6) Simple Questions you might have about Wi-Fi and in-game
7) Any other requests that don't warrant their own thread - threads are only for trading

DO NOT ask for AR Codes, discuss whether or not a Pokemon will be "legit", etc. You will be warned.

ASKING ABOUT WHY HACKS DON'T PASS POKEBANK IS NOT ALLOWED. ANY DISCUSSION WILL RESULT IN A WARNING, AND CONTINUED DISCUSSION WILL RESULT IN INFRACTIONS.

---

Look here first for vocabulary questions and hatch locations! (Courtesy of Flora), EV-training spots, and our in-game articles. All articles and the following information is for Generations 1 -5 and will be updated once we have more information on XY.

Terms:
CMT = Check My Thread. This should be used when User 1 is interested in User 2's Pokemon and wants User 2 person to check User 1's thread for another Pokemon of interest. There's no limit to a CMT but it's unlikely that you can obtain all of a user's Pokemon all in one CMT. When you do a CMT, label what specific Pokemon you want. Also, if there is more then one person involved in the trade thread make sure to specify who you are asking. This can be done just by copy and pasting the Pokemon from the thread you're at onto your post or just by typing out the Pokemon simply. Beware though, because if you simply type the Pokemon, you may need to be more specific. For example, User 1 saying "CMT for Azelf" when User 2 has a Jolly and a Timid shiny Azelf is not clear. Instead, saying "CMT for the UT Timid shiny Azelf" would be better as we now know what exactly you want.

"Wow, awesome thread you got there! CMT for your Timid flawless UT Azelf and Mild HP Ice EVed Charizard please."

CYT = Check Your Thread. This isn't very often used because one really just needs to say "CMT" and a trade is created. Mostly, this term should be used when you're referring that you will check another user's thread in the future.

"Alright, I'll CYT after dinner."

CML = Check My List. This is for people who don't have trade threads and instead have a link to a single post or page outside of Smogon. A reason for having such a list is because the user doesn't actively trade any more or doesn't wish to have a trade thread at Smogon.

"Please CML for your Jolly Snow Cloak UT Mamoswine."

Fully Redis Pokemon = Fully Redistributable. These Pokemon are mostly around almost all trade threads and are usually easy to get your hands on. These Pokemon, if traded for, can be placed on a User's trade thread without a complaint. However, make sure to credit whoever's Pokemon it is as if you don't it, you could be blacklisted.

"User 1's Timid flawless international Smeargle is a fully redistributable Pokemon that anyone can put on their trade thread!"

Semi-Redis Pokemon = Semi-Redistributable. These Pokemon can only be traded by the person trading them or whoever the owner gives rights to for trading. If you receive a Pokemon under a semi-redis label, you can't put it on your Trade Thread.

"User 1's Raichu is semi-redis, so you can put it on your thread if you trade for User 1's Raichu, but if other people trade for User 1's Raichu from your thread, then they can't put it on their own threads."
VM = Visitor Message. This is where you go to someone's profile and leave a note on their wall. You would usually do this to get in easier contact with a person you're supposed to trade with. This helps avoid a "spammage" of posts appearing in one's thread.

"CMT for the UT Bold Celebi and VM me your answer please!"
Spitback = A Pokemon that has either the wrong nature but great IVs or a beneficial nature and good looking IVs but in the wrong area. Or, the Pokemon could have a beneficial nature and great IVs, but the user already has a better version of the Pokemon. Spitbacks can also be caused by forgetting to put on a needed Egg move on a Pokemon and, as such, causing the user to rebreed a Pokemon, creating the old Pokemon to become a spitback. Most of the time, these spitbacks make great breeding fodder.

"I have a Adamant 31/10/31/31/31/31 Salamence spitback because the IVs are really awesome, but its main stat, Attack, is missing out."

"My Impish 31/30/31/7/31/30 Skarmory has pretty awesome IVs, but I forgot to put on Whirlwind and Brave Bird, so it's a spitback. I plan to rebreed for those two necessary moves."

Fodder = A Pokemon used to trade for a free Pokemon or to serve as empty space for another purpose, such as transferring a Pokemon or giving a user an item. These Pokemon can generally be whatever Pokemon you don't deem important to yourself excluding the Pokemon you can't redistribute yourself.

"Okay, catch some fodders and get on so I can give you my giveaway Rattata and Metapod."

Credits = This is similar to how money is used in real life. You use up credits in exchange for Pokemon in a user's trade thread. To obtain such credits, you will have to do some services for the user (such as doing a Breeding/Capture Project, EV training, and other minor scenarios such as creating a banner or artwork for a user), gain them in a giveaway, or be lucky to gain credits for free from users. Some trade threads have a somewhat unique credit policy, such as one credit in exchange for one Pokemon, two credits in exchange for a single Pokemon, and so on. You will have to read up an individual's thread for more detail on how their policies work. Most of the time, however, a Pokemon will just be worth one credit while fully redistributable Pokemon will be worth half a credit (1/2).

"You have two credits in my shop. What would you like to spend them on? The Modest UT Gardevoir and the Adamant EVed Lucario?"

B/C P's = Breeding/Capture Projects. This is where you breed or capture a Pokemon for a user who wants the Pokemon. Generally, User 1 would do this if User 2 has a Pokemon User 1 wants but User 2 doesn't want any Pokemon User 1 has. Otherwise, a user would do this out of respect or even out of being bored. A user will usually have a section for breeding and capture projects labeled out, but in cases that there are no such sections, don't be afraid to ask what Pokemon a user would like to have. If you're asking for a breeding or capture project for yourself, do make sure that the Pokemon is possible to obtain by all means. At the end of a breeding or capture project, usually the breeder or capturer will gain a specific amount of credits or the Pokemon he/she wanted.

"Hey, want to do the Venusaur in my Breeding Project post? Make sure it has the IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30, Hasty nature, female gender, and the Egg move Power Whip. Doing this will whip you up eight credits for use for any Pokemon in my Trade Thread."

EV Training = This is usually a service in which you EV train a Pokemon or more for another user to gain credits or Pokemon from that user. Many Trade Threads have their own policies on how they want you to EV train their Pokemon. If you would like to learn how to EV train, Erodent wrote a guide on exactly how to do so here.

"Sorry, you got nothing. Perhaps you want to EV train my Timid Zapdos with 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe for me? Doing this will net you the Pokemon you wanted."

Pending = This is when two users agree to trade but one or both of the users can't do the trade at that exact moment so they add the trade to their pending list. When both users have time, they can then meet up and complete the trade. It is very useful to keep a pending list or some kind of record in your trade thread so you don't forget about trades that you can't complete at that time.

"Alright, let's put our trade in pending. My DS's batteries died and I left the charger at my cousin's house."

Trophy Case = This is usually a section of a user's trade thread where they put Pokemon that have extra meaning and value then the other Pokemon in their trade thread. Most of the time, these Pokemon won't be traded as easily and are worth more credits if not redeemable by credits.

"See this Milotic? It's shiny, flawless, female, and caught in a Dive Ball. Best of all? It's from Emerald with all of the game's ribbons attached after months and months of hard work. Thus, it fits perfectly within my trophy case."

FC = This is short for "Friend Code", which is the code used to connect with someone online. You can access your Friend Code in your Pal Pad and enter other people's Friend Codes in there as well.

"Add my Diamond, 3462-7770-2264, for Seel. I'm to add 9326-2573-0196, correct?"

Whitelist = This is a list of users that have either helped or are really great friends of the user.

"User 1 has been a great pal to me and deserves to be on my whitelist. He has introduced me to the Wi-Fi forums, given me several free flawless Pokemon, and to top it off, he's my trade partner!"

BW EV Training spots, compiled by Phiddlesticks, Mekkah and RBG:
Just in case anyone else was thinking about it! Thanks to Phiddlesticks for helping with this. If anyone has any better ideas for Def training, or you can confirm how many Atk EVs Druddigon gives, feel free to post here.

HP
Surf in the dark puddles of Icirrus City - Stunfisk (100%, 2 HP)

Also, Victini (3 HP) can be rebattled infinitely as long as you do not catch it.

Atk
Route 1 - Lillipup (50%, 1 Atk) and Patrat (50%, 1 Atk)
Dragonspiral Tower 2F - Golett (100%, 1 Atk)
Dragonspiral Tower 1F - Golett (50%, 1 Atk), Druddigon (30%, 2 Atk), Mienfoo (20%, 1 Atk)
Outside of Dragonspiral Tower, Double Grass - Tranquill (30%, 2 Atk), Sawsbuck (30%, 2 Atk), Mienfoo (30%, 1 Atk), Druddigon (10%, 2 Atk)

A couple of notes need to be made here.
- During Winter, the Double Grass location changes up. Druddigon is replaced by Beartic (10%, 2 Atk), which is great, but Tranquill is replaced by Vanillish (30%, 2 SpAtk).

Which of these locations is the best is up to you. If you don't mind keeping track exactly how many EVs you got, Dragonspiral 1F or outside Dragonspiral is the place for you. Outside gives the most EVs at in a short time, especially if you can OHKO two enemies at a time. If you'd rather keep it simple, Dragonspiral 2F or Route 1 are where it's at.

Def
Wellspring Cave - Roggengola (50%, 1 Def)
Pinwheel Forest - Venipede (15%, 1 Def) and Sewaddle (35%, 1 Def)
Pinwheel Forest Double Grass - Whirlipede (15%, 2 Def) and Swadloon (35%, 2 Def)
Chargestone Cave - Klink (29%, 1 Def), Ferroseed (20%, 1 Def), Boldore (10%, 1 Atk, 1 Def)

None of these guarantee a Def encounter. Wellspring Cave also has 50% Woobat, Pinwheel has Cottonee/Petilil (35%) and Pidove (15%), Pinwheel Double has Cottonee/Petilil (35%) and Tranquil (15%), and Chargestone Cave has Joltik (36-39%) and Tynamo (2-8%), depending which floor you're on. Note that Boldore gives 1 Atk in addition to 1 Def!

SpAtk
Celestial Tower - Litwick (100%, 1 SpAtk)
You can go to higher floors if you want, those have Elgyem (15%) which also give 1 SpAtk. There's a Nurse on 3F, which is convenient.

SpDef
Surf in Driftveil City - Frillish (100%, 1 SpDef)

Speed
Surf on Route 3 - Basculin (100%, 2 Speed)
You can Surf in a lot of places for 100% Basculin, but this is an example of a place where you don't have to go through tall grass or anything to get to a surfing spot when coming from a close Poké Center.

XY Hatch Locations, courtesy of Esmeya:
Towns

Vaniville Town
Aquacorde Town
Santalune City
Lumiose City
Camphier Town
Cyllage City
Ambrette Town
Geosenge Town
Shalour City
Coumarine City
Laverre City
Dendemille Town
Anistar City
Couriway Town
Snowbelle City
Pokemon League
Kiloude City

Buildings

Lumiose Station
Kiloude Station
Battle Chateau
Parfum Palace
Shabboneau Castle
Battle Maison
Ambrette Aquarium
Prism Tower
Tower of Mastery
Lost Hotel
Pokeball Factory
Kalos Power Plant
Lysandre Labs (Behind cabinet in Lysandre Cafe)

Routes

Route 1
Route 2
Route 3
Route 4
Route 5
Route 6
Route 7
Route 8
Route 9
Route 10
Route 11
Route 12
Route 13
Route 14
Route 15
Route 16
Route 17
Route 18
Route 19
Route 20
Route 21
Route 22

Caves

Connecting Cave
Glittering Cave
Reflecting Cave
Sea Spirit’s Den
Frost Cavern
Terminus Cave
Chamber of Emptiness
Victory Road
Unknown Dungeon [Area with Mewtwo]

Gates

Lumoise Gate
Ambrette Gate
Shalour Gate
Laverre Gate
Dendemille Gate
Coumarine Gate
Anistar Gate
Couriway Gate
Snowbelle Gate
Pokemon League Gate

Misc

Azure Bay
Pokemon Village
Santalune Forest
Friend Safari
Blazing Chamber [Elite Four]
Ironworks Chamber [Elite Four]
Dragonmark Chamber [Elite Four]
Flood Chamber [Elite Four]
Radiant Chamber [Elite Four]
Team Flare Secret HQ (Available for short time during story)

ORAS hatch locations, courtesy of Stellar:
Littleroot Town
Oldale Town
Dewford Town
Lavaridge Town
Fallarbor Town
Verdanturf Town
Pacifidlog Town
Petalburg City
Slateport City
Mauville City
Rustboro City
Fortree City
Lilycove City
Mossdeep City
Sootopolis City
Ever Grande City
Pokémon League
Route 101
Route 102
Route 103
Route 104
Route 105
Route 106
Route 107
Route 108
Route 109
Route 110
Route 111
Route 112
Route 113
Route 114
Route 115
Route 116
Route 117
Route 118
Route 119
Route 120
Route 121
Route 122
Route 123
Route 124
Route 125
Route 126
Route 127
Route 128
Route 129
Route 130
Route 131
Route 132
Route 133
Route 134
Meteor Falls
Rusturf Tunnel ???
Desert Ruins
Granite Cave
Petalburg Woods
Mt. Chimney
Jagged Pass
Fiery Path
Mt. Pyre
Team Aqua Hideout
Seafloor Cavern
Cave of Origin
Victory Road
Shoal Cave
New Mauville
Sea Mauville
Island Cave
Ancient Tomb
Sealed Chamber
Scorched Slab
Team Magma Hideout
Sky Pillar
Battle Resort
Southern Island
S.S. Tidal
Safari Zone
Mirage Forest
Mirage Cave
Mirage Island
Mirage Mountain
Trackless Forest
Pathless Plain
Nameless Cavern
Fabled Cave
Gnarled Den
Crescent Isle
Secret Islet
Soaring in the sky
Secret Shore
Secret Meadow
Secret Base

Hidden Power IV combinations:
Dark:
31/31/31/31/31/31

Dragon:
30/31/31/31/31/31
31/30/31/31/31/31
30/30/31/31/31/31
31/31/30/31/31/31

Ice:
30/31/30/31/31/31
31/30/30/31/31/31
30/30/30/31/31/31
31/31/31/31/31/30

Psychic:
30/31/31/31/31/30
31/30/31/31/31/30
30/30/31/31/31/30
31/31/30/31/31/30

Electric:
30/31/30/31/31/30
31/30/30/31/31/30
30/30/30/31/31/30
31/31/31/30/31/31

Grass:
30/31/31/30/31/31
31/30/31/30/31/31
30/30/31/30/31/31
31/31/30/30/31/31
30/31/30/30/31/31

Water:
31/30/30/30/31/31
30/30/30/30/31/31
31/31/31/30/31/30
30/31/31/30/31/30

Fire:
31/30/31/30/31/30
30/30/31/30/31/30
31/31/30/30/31/30
30/31/30/30/31/30

Steel:
31/30/30/30/31/30
30/30/30/30/31/30
31/31/31/31/30/31
30/31/31/31/30/31

Ghost:
31/30/31/31/30/31
30/30/31/31/30/31
31/31/30/31/30/31
30/31/30/31/30/31

Bug:
31/30/30/31/30/31
30/30/30/31/30/31
31/31/31/31/30/30
30/31/31/31/30/30
31/30/31/31/30/30

Rock:
30/30/31/31/30/30
31/31/30/31/30/30
30/31/30/31/30/30
31/30/30/31/30/30

Ground:
30/30/30/31/30/30
31/31/31/30/30/31
30/31/31/30/30/31
31/30/31/30/30/31

Poison:
30/30/31/30/30/31
31/31/30/30/30/31
30/31/30/30/30/31
31/30/30/30/30/31

Flying:
30/30/30/30/30/31
31/31/31/30/30/30
30/31/31/30/30/30
31/30/31/30/30/30

Fighting:
30/30/31/30/30/30
31/31/30/30/30/30
30/31/30/30/30/30
31/30/30/30/30/30
30/30/30/30/30/30

HP Normal and HP Fairy don't exist, don't ask about it.

Thread for sprite and ball images.

What should i do, crescent isle appeared on my game today and i can't really SR for cress since i lack catchers and have other stuff to settle in game. So i'm stuck with 2 options:
-do the other stuff and wait untill it appears again
-SR for cress (a bit leaning towards this but still need help)

What should i do, crescent isle appeared on my game today and i can't really SR for cress since i lack catchers and have other stuff to settle in game. So i'm stuck with 2 options:
-do the other stuff and wait untill it appears again
-SR for cress (a bit leaning towards this but still need help)
You can soft reset for Mirage Spots/Crescent Isle, if you lose access to it.

That's how I got all the TMs in OR.

LF: Moltres, purely for the dex. I'll give it right back.

Also, Xerneas and possibly the other Kanto birds would be very helpful, if someone has them!

Alright...last poke I'll be looking for, at least for now. Still, it'll be a while before I ask for anything else after this, so I should be alright...

Anyway, Looking for Traunt Jolly Durant with Entrainment. IVs don't matter.

PM me if you can, thanks.

Yeap, I got a lot of those, if you deposit something on the GTS I can send you one.^^
Just ask for a male Magby, Lv.1.
Okay i will make it now :) Thank you :)

I just deposit a level 1 female dratini with the Message "cretacerus" (your username) asking for a level 1 magby

Moderator edit: Find the edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:
What prizes can I win at the lotto in Lilycove in ORAS? I know how it works, I just don't know the prizes.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not many people are gonna have an hp electric ditto..but if you have an hp grass one(which should be easier to get if you don't have one), your odds will be the same to get an hp electric poke
oh yea! i didnt even realize, its just a matter of the attack being even or odd right? i want to breed a timid hp electric greninja so it can run a pseudo boltbeam.

this leaves me with another question, when using hidden power, does protean cause the pokemon to become normal type, or the type of the hidden power? regardless of that, greninjas hidden power hits at base 90, right?

oh yea! i didnt even realize, its just a matter of the attack being even or odd right? i want to breed a timid hp electric greninja so it can run a pseudo boltbeam.

this leaves me with another question, when using hidden power, does protean cause the pokemon to become normal type, or the type of the hidden power? regardless of that, greninjas hidden power hits at base 90, right?
Protean changes its user to match the type of Hidden Power, so they'll get the STAB bonus. Like if Greninja uses Hidden Power Fire, it becomes a Fire type and hits with base power 90 when STAB is factored in. (if it didn't, there would be no STAB bonus and would hit at the normal BP 60)

Still looking for a Ho-Oh with its HA. It doesn't have to be competitive. I've got basically any Pokémon to offer except for event Pokémon, as well as a lot of essential items.

What are my options if I would like to add another section to my thread, but didn't have the Foresight to reserve enough posts? Close it and create a new one?

Thank you .com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)