Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

So we no longer have to breed someone with the HA to pass it down? I'm way behind in the meta, as well as from the past gen. I can give an Ability Patch to my mon and I can choose the HA then?
Correct. For convenience there's also Nature Mints and Bottle Caps for changing Nature and IVs. Mirror Herb also allows them to learn Egg Moves from another Pokemon of the team on Picnics (the stand in for Daycare breeding)

GF in the last couple gens have been adding a lot of QoL items to let you make Pokemon into Battle readies without having to breed them from scratch.

Lady Writer

on the tv
is a Tiering Contributor
how will the bans of bundle and palafin affect this round of the sv ou kickoff tour? are they still allowed for this round?

How do I even start with teambuilding? i started playing just after the kyurem ban in gen 8, and it really does feel like there is so so much stuff to consider.
(for sv ou btw)

Sorry for multiple questions, but does anyone know how to do the blue thing where you click on it and text appears?

Could I ask how Adaptability interacts with Terastalisation? I love Dragalge and with Chi-Yu and Gholdengo around everywhere, wanted to try an AV set. So, if I Tera'd into Dragon, would the Tera Boost stack with Adaptability somehow? Tera'd Adaptability Draco Meteor sounds like hell to switch into. Thanks.

Dragalge @ Assault Vest / Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Tera: Dragon (or Water, maybe)
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball

Could I ask how Adaptability interacts with Terastalisation? I love Dragalge and with Chi-Yu and Gholdengo around everywhere, wanted to try an AV set. So, if I Tera'd into Dragon, would the Tera Boost stack with Adaptability somehow? Tera'd Adaptability Draco Meteor sounds like hell to switch into. Thanks.

Dragalge @ Assault Vest / Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Tera: Dragon (or Water, maybe)
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball
On the sim it gives it a extra x1,3 boost in place of x2

Sorry for multiple questions, but does anyone know how to do the blue thing where you click on it and text appears?
Probably best to ask this somewhere else (though I wouldn't know where, lol), but you click the insert link button. It's the one that looks like 2 paper clips joined together.

I searched and didn't see the question asked. If an ancient paradox mon comes in, alongside Torkoal. Paradox is holding Booster, but isn't used because of sunny day set by Torkoal. When the sun goes away, does the buff as well?

I searched and didn't see the question asked. If an ancient paradox mon comes in, alongside Torkoal. Paradox is holding Booster, but isn't used because of sunny day set by Torkoal. When the sun goes away, does the buff as well?
The booster energy gets consumed once the sun runs out.

The booster energy gets consumed once the sun runs out.
Follow up question. Is the item for the rest of battle when consumed?
Could you also play weather tag, Set sun after item is consumed, and then change it, therefore negating Protosynthesis?

Follow up question. Is the item for the rest of battle when consumed?
Could you also play weather tag, Set sun after item is consumed, and then change it, therefore negating Protosynthesis?
...I'm not sure I know what you mean, but:
-Booster Energy's buff dissipates upon switchout. So if you switch out your Roaring Moon or Great Tusk, it's not getting the Booster Energy boost back.
-If the sun goes away I think Protosynthesis always goes away, no matter if it's from the sun running out or rain/sand/snow being set up.

Minor question about Tinkaton: Does Gigaton Hammer fail if you try to use it consecutively, or can you flat out not select it at all?

...I'm not sure I know what you mean, but:
-Booster Energy's buff dissipates upon switchout. So if you switch out your Roaring Moon or Great Tusk, it's not getting the Booster Energy boost back.
-If the sun goes away I think Protosynthesis always goes away, no matter if it's from the sun running out or rain/sand/snow being set up.
Ok, say you get the boost from the item, and Torkoal joins the field. Sun is set. Next turn they swap Torkoal for TTar, does your protosynthesis buff go away?

Ok, say you get the boost from the item, and Torkoal joins the field. Sun is set. Next turn they swap Torkoal for TTar, does your protosynthesis buff go away?
It should probably dissipate. Which kinda sucks, because you just wasted your booster energy, but it's not like teams are gonna have double weather so you'll be fine.

It should probably dissipate. Which kinda sucks, because you just wasted your booster energy, but it's not like teams are gonna have double weather so you'll be fine.
Tested with a friend, because it had been bothering me.
So, if you get Protosynthesis from Sunny Day, you get the notification that it activates it and your stats go up. You change the weather, you get a notification that the affect dissipates, and the mon consumes Energy Booster to activate Protosynthesis. Swapping weather back to sun, and back off again, no notifications. So it would seem the item buff stays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)