Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I've having a problem getting a hold of the meta since the recent bans to Chien-pao and Espathra. I've noticed that the sample teams thread is kinda outdated and 5 out of the 12 teams need to be removed. Any updates to the sample teams thread upcoming?

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I've having a problem getting a hold of the meta since the recent bans to Chien-pao and Espathra. I've noticed that the sample teams thread is kinda outdated and 5 out of the 12 teams need to be removed. Any updates to the sample teams thread upcoming?
In the near future it is likely. It has just only been a day or two and it takes some time.

Hi guys. I just made a Smogon account and I would like to post on the VR, but as I was reading the rules before I made this account, I came across this statement:

“please know that posting in this thread is a privilege, not a right.”

I have no idea what this means. Does it just mean that you’re not supposed to troll, or does it mean literally that the council members hold all of the authority and give us the ability to make nominations for the VR? Isn’t the community what makes up this forum? I don’t see how it isn’t a right, unless it’s taking about not trolling.

Hi guys. I just made a Smogon account and I would like to post on the VR, but as I was reading the rules before I made this account, I came across this statement:

“please know that posting in this thread is a privilege, not a right.”

I have no idea what this means. Does it just mean that you’re not supposed to troll, or does it mean literally that the council members hold all of the authority and give us the ability to make nominations for the VR? Isn’t the community what makes up this forum? I don’t see how it isn’t a right, unless it’s taking about not trolling.
As a user and not part of the Moderation team, I presume it to mean that posting in the thread is a privilege in that one is not entitled unconditionally based on their conduct. Users who troll or constantly make low quality posts (without an effort to improve their contributions through discussion or learning experience) could have their ability to post in it suspended to avoid derailing the thread (something other threads fall victim to for the same reason).

In short: Don't be a jerk, and you're probably fine posting in the thread for honest attempts to discuss..

As a user and not part of the Moderation team, I presume it to mean that posting in the thread is a privilege in that one is not entitled unconditionally based on their conduct. Users who troll or constantly make low quality posts (without an effort to improve their contributions through discussion or learning experience) could have their ability to post in it suspended to avoid derailing the thread (something other threads fall victim to for the same reason).

In short: Don't be a jerk, and you're probably fine posting in the thread for honest attempts to discuss..
Yeah that’s originally what I thought. Thanks for answering my question.

i’m new to this metagame, so i would love to know what’s generally considered to be the strongest playstyles right now based on success with high ladder, spl, and other tournaments.

i normally lean towards semi-stall and bulky balance but i don’t know how good these playstyles are right now.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
i’m new to this metagame, so i would love to know what’s generally considered to be the strongest playstyles right now based on success with high ladder, spl, and other tournaments.

i normally lean towards semi-stall and bulky balance but i don’t know how good these playstyles are right now.
I feel like the strongest playstyles (opinionated answer) based off ladder and tournament games would be Balanced and Bulky Offense. The meta is changing constantly every couple of weeks because of the bans. I would say before the Espathra ban and Chien Pao ban Balanced was a key play style because you always needed checks / counters to these mons on your team or your team would be considered "lacking". Objectively all playstyles you can think of are "strong", you will see teams of all types reaching top 10 of the ladder (Bulky Offense, Balanced, Stall, Hyper Offense, Semi-Stall, Etc).

Does Good as Gold block Status effects from working on Gholdengo, or block the move from executing at all? For example, if the opponent uses Memento, will the move fail, or Faint them whilst simply not lowering Gholdengo's stats (akin to Exploding against a Ghost type)?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Does Good as Gold block Status effects from working on Gholdengo, or block the move from executing at all? For example, if the opponent uses Memento, will the move fail, or Faint them whilst simply not lowering Gholdengo's stats (akin to Exploding against a Ghost type)?
Memento fails entirely, it’s basically “But it Failed” sequence.

FayaWizard

Amnesia
is an official Team Rater
It should be included and will be in my next edit (a batch of revisions is already in the works). It’s hard to catch everything in the first go of such an exhaustive list. My apologies.
What constitutes a mon getting into the Tera Type index? I see Blissey's on the index, but Alomamola isn't, despite both being relegated to only stall teams.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What constitutes a mon getting into the Tera Type index? I see Blissey's on the index, but Alomamola isn't, despite both being relegated to only stall teams.
Everything C+ or higher on the VR + things who have seen a sharp uptick in usage since then that aren’t yet included.

I have got a question about the survey results:
The results have the "qualified"and the "general" votes as separate catagories,what exactly does the "general"mean?

Is just the "unqualified"or both the qualifiedand non qualified?

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I have got a question about the survey results:
The results have the "qualified"and the "general" votes as separate catagories,what exactly does the "general"mean?

Is just the "unqualified"or both the qualifiedand non qualified?
It probably means the players who aren't part of any tournaments and aren't high ladder nerds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)