BW LC Sir's Little Cup Team(Peak 1)

Sir's Little Cup Team!

I haven't been playing Little Cup for too long, maybe a bit over 4 months. When I first started playing Pokemon, Little Cup seemed silly to me. Battling with a bunch of NFE's seemed cool but I couldn't imagine that the metagame was very good. I'm so glad that I was wrong. Playing Little Cup has been the greatest thing I've done in my short Pokemon career. At the moment, the metagame is the most diverse and fun its been since I started playing. If playing a fun tier wasn't enough, the Little Cup community was incredible welcoming and helped make me a decent Little Cup'r. So yeah, thanks to everyone who has helped me out in #littlecup. I managed to get to a 1401 points before crashing. Without further ado, here’s my Little Cup team.

Prem
@

Jolly | Regenerator
236 Atk | 36 Def | 236 Spe
Fake Out | U-turn | Hi Jump Kick | Stone Edge
Mienfoo is arguably the best Pokemon in Little Cup. It's a good defensive pivot, the best Scraggy check in the tier, and has a great movepool. When most people think Mienfoo, they think Eviolite. But when I started building this team, I saw potential in using Life Orb. With an incredible Attack stat and decent Speed, Mienfoo can 2HKO everything in Little Cup not named Misdreavus or Ghastly. I wanted to begin building this team around a uncommon set that I felt could do really well in the metagame; Life Orb Mienfoo fit the bill.

Fake Out one of the two priority moves on this team. Coupled with a Life Orb boost and a great attack stat, Fake Out is sure to do decent damage to most of the Pokemon in Little Cup. U-turn is a staple on all Mienfoo move sets, as Mienfoo is great at forcing switches, especially with a Life Orb. Hi Jump Kick is what makes this set great; if you're not a Ghost-type, you're getting 2HKO'd or OHKO'd by this mon after Stealth Rock. Even defensive behemoths like Shelmet are 2HKO'd after Stealth Rock. Stone Edge rounds off this set by taking down Shelmet and Larvesta in one shot instead of 2. Although this set can't take hits like other Mienfoo sets, it dishes out hits unlike anything else in the tier and is the offensive backbone of my team that doesn't ever die thanks to Regenerator.

Charmander
@

Careful | Guts
76 HP | 196 Atk | 236 SpD
Bulk Up | Payback | Mach Punch | Drain Punch
Timburr wasn't always on my team. I experimented with the likes of Substitute Dragon Dance Scraggy and other mediocre Scraggy sets. I didn't want the additional Fighting weakness and Scraggy didn't seem to last very long. Then, I played user Ray Jay who piloted a Timburr pretty well. I opted to give it a try and found that a Special Defensive set was the best fit for my team, mostly due to this teams problem with Life Orb Misdreavus. With Mienfoo weakening most Fighting-type counters, it's pretty easy for Timburr to put in some work in the mid game.

Bulk Up is the standard on all Timburr and makes it an incredible sweeper once things like Hippopotas and Croagunk are weakened. Speaking of Croagunk, Timburr sets up on it with ease and can eventually take it out with a boosted Drain Punch. Payback is used mostly to deal with Misdreavus as this team as a ton of problems with it. Mach Punch and Drain Punch complement each other perfectly. Drain Punch's low base power often leaves Pokemon at low enough HP for Mach Punch to finish the weakened mon off. Drain Punch is also useful for allowing Drilburr to last longer. Mach Punch is great because it's STAB Fighting-type priority, not much else to say about that.

little_gk
@

Trace | Bold
236 HP | 176 Def | 76 SpD
Thunder Wave | Tri Attack | Shadow Ball | Recover
Porygon is such a great defensive Pokemon. During the hostile "Big 3" metagame, this thing found itself on nearly all of my teams because of its great defensive stats and movepool. Not much has changed. Porygon is my go to guy for checking Misdreavus, Murkrow, and pretty much anything that's not a Fighting-type. I'm using 76 Special Defense EVs cause the Special Attacks EVs really don't aren't important.

Thunder Wave is definitely the best move on this set. Most of the members of this team are pretty slow so having paralysis support is great, especially paralyzing Mienfoo's that like to switch in. Tri Attack is Porygon's obligatory STAB move, hitting most of the things in the tier hard; Shadow Ball is for Misdreavus and Gastly. Recover lets Porygon live pretty long and is its best form of recovery.

Ray Jay
@

Iron Barbs | Sassy
84 HP | 36 Atk | 188 Def | 152 SpD
Bullet Seed | Leech Seed | Stealth Rock | Protect
Ferroseed is probably the best Grass-type in the metagame. With all the popularity of Chinchou and Staryu, I needed a Stealth Rock supporter that could be those Water-types with ease. Since Ferroseed is my Stealth Rock supporter, Staryu has a very hard time getting rid of my hazards. Tirtouga also eats this team alive and Ferroseed is a great check to the turtle. Finally, Ferroseed has good pretty defensive synergy with the rest of the team, making it even more valuable.

Bullet Seed is for destroying Water-types, hitting through Substitutes, and is a pretty good way of dealing damage because I always get four hits.Leech Seed is Ferroseed's only form of recovery outside of Rest, but it's ok for stalling out weakened foes. Stealth Rock is a necessity in this tier for getting some damage on Murkrow and Misdreavus. Protect is useful for scouting random Hidden Power Fires, making Mienfoo look stupid, and getting HP back with Leech Seed.

emma
@

Natural Cure | Timid
36 HP | 200 SpA | 240 Spe
Recover | Rapid Spin | Hydro Pump | Psychic
Staryu is the business. Being the only good Rapid Spin user in Little Cup, a lot of teams just have to run this star. With five of my mons being grounded, I really felt I needed a spinner. Staryu serves as a fine status absorber with Natural Cure, hits the covenanted 19 Speed threshold, and is an overall good mon.

This moveset has had a lot of changes. I've tried Reflect and Light Screen over Psychic, I've tried Hidden Power Fire over Psychic, I've even tried Thunder Wave over Psychic. But, Psychic was just infinitely better than any thing else I've tried. Most people switch in there Croagunks into Staryu because of Dry Skin. Unfortunately for them, Psychic is a clean OHKO on Croagunk and allows my Fighting-types to sweep more easily. Recover and Rapid Spin are a must on Staryu so it can function well as my spinner and status absorber. Hydro Pump hits super hard and nets me a 2HKO on standard Misdreavus with Stealth Rock on the field.

AlphaJolt
@

Levitate | Bold
196 HP | 156 Def | 156 SpD
Pain Split | Will-O-Wisp | Clear Smog | Sludge Bomb
Koffing is soooooo underrated. A lot of people complain about Mienfoo. A lot of people complain about Drilburr. Koffing easily checks both. I originally had Hippopotas over Koffing but as soon as AlphaJolt said "use Koffing" in #littlecup, I knew my sand team problems had been solved. Although Koffing makes me weaker to Scraggy than I would like to be, Scraggy usage is on the down swing and I just need to keep Timburr around if I see a Scraggy.

Pain Split is the only way Koffing can gain HP without forfeiting two of its moveslots because of some RestTalk nonsense. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers and provides residual damage on random Koffing switch ins. Clear Smog stops set up sweepers like Drilburr, while Sludge Bomb is a reliable STAB move that hits pretty hard. Levitate is a pretty insane ability in this metagame as dodging Earthquakes and Spikes is pretty huge. Koffing is probably the second most valuable member of my team, after Mienfoo, and using this thing has been great.

I hope you enjoyed this RMT as much as I enjoyed playing this with the team. I've kind of gotten bored with this team because I've been using it for like two weeks now and I think it's time to make something new. I would say that a well played Snover could run through this team as I don't really have anything that want's to take an Blizzard. That's all. Give me a luvdisc, I'll feel good :)
prem (Mienfoo) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Charmander (Timburr) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Ray Jay (Ferroseed) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 152 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

AlphaJolt (Koffing) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 156 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

little_gk (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

emma (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic

Luvdisc'ing your own thread LOL.

Cool team though. Koffing is extremely underrated. Can't give a proper rate because I haven't played LC in a shit long time.

Edit: You could run Scarfed Mienshao to deal with your Snover problem. This would also give you a bit of an easier time with Scraggy. Though a priority Fake Out is always cool to have.

Congrats on the peak sir!

Nice solid team. Not really anything to say. I'll be happy on the day when I see a #1 peaked team without mienfoo (though I can't really complain as I used him in my #1 peak team too :L)...

Luvdisc'd

An overall solid team, probably the only things i can critisize or point out is that you have no flying resists and two mons weak to it, tailow or doduo could probably do a number on you if the oposing player has a spinner once staryu is worn down. Im pretty sure ferroseed is 2HKOed by brave bird from tailow with some prior damage. Psychic seems like it could be an issue too, abra can outspeed and KO half your team while nothing resists it, the only think to hit it super effectively is outsped and KOed, again staryu could revenge it if its sash is broken or if it wins the second speed tie and isnt KOed prior. bronzor could be an issue and NP missy along with the ossasional mixkrow (brave bird wreaks the fighting types, heat wave hits ferro, staryu wont exactly sponge brave bird and koffing will take a fair chunk from maybe dark pulse or heat wave.

Otherwise this is a solid team, personaly i wouldnt use two fighting types like that but thats up to you. Maybe add a scarfer or more priority since a few of the 19 speed mons and common scarfers like HP fire chinchou look like giving you trouble and mienfoos fake out is unstabbed and can only be used when you switch in.

Sorry if im sounding rude :(

thanks for the rate dude.
taillow and doduo are rarely used in LC so it's not really a problem. If they were more used Porygon could take a hit and Twave them. Abra is a little difficult but Porygon can take the Psyshock + HP Fighting combo on the switch if Stealth Rock isn't up, Twave abra, and proceed to Recover up until it's paralyzed, break the sash, kill abra. but yeah, abra is annoying

True, doduo isnt used much but tailow gets a fair amount of usage i think. As for abra you could run restalk munchlax with pursuit over porygon, its pretty amazing on booth sides with that HP, its physical bulk rivals even that of nosepass who has 20 uninvested defense. Just a suggestion though, pursuit is also generaly handy and mienfoos are 2HKOed, if body slam paralyzes they only have a 30% chance of doing anything, and that would only be fake out. It also poses a nice offensive presence.

Edit: Dont abra normaly carry psychic? how well does porygon fare against psychic+HP fighting? i cant do the calcs atm, the bit about needing SR not to be up could be a problem so perhaps fit missy(specialy bulky) or stunky somewhere if munchlax doesnt suit you.

And since i forgot to mention this earlier, props for koffing :) A suggestion for the spread though,
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 76 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

koffing has physical bulk, dont use it, abuse it. Unless those SDef EVs let you survive specific KOes, then keep them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)