Sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use sketch in an online battle, the Smeargle won't retain the move will he? Will it be lost after the battle? I need to know cause wish is gunna be annoying as hell to get on Smeargle...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Online battles will not work.

You are better off with doing any of the following:

1. use pokeradar for a wild ditto and have it transform into any pokemon in your party that only knows that move.

2. in-game double battle where you sketch the other pokemon's move in your party so long as the sketch is performed after target pokemon makes its move.

If you go to the two girls underneath Floaroma, they take you into a Double Battle, and there you can get whatever moves on Smeargle! :)

Online battles will not work.

You are better off with doing any of the following:

1. use pokeradar for a wild ditto and have it transform into any pokemon in your party that only knows that move.

2. in-game double battle where you sketch the other pokemon's move in your party so long as the sketch is performed after target pokemon makes its move.
Something I found strange while I was using this method to Sketch Pursuit. I had my Ramparados (with Pursuit) out in the lead, encountered a Ditto, used Pursuit, and the Ditto used Transform. I then switched to my Smeargle, and the opposing Ditto(Ramparados now) used Pursuit on my way out. However, when I proceeded to use Sketch, it copied Transform instead of Pursuit, even though that was the move the Ditto used last.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Smeargles using Sketch on a Ditto will always copy Transform regardless of move used. Do a 2x2 battle to Sketch moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)