Metagame Sketchmons

Hold up... I was looking through the OMotM archive to see when Sketchmons was last OMotM so I could check the usage stats. To my surprise, this was just this past September. Isn't there a rule that OMs cannot be OMotM if they were OMotM less than 6 months ago?

For context on how ridiculous Zard X V-Create is, it OHKOs 252 HP, 252 Def Shuckle at +1.

Honestly if Quiver Dance is banned, V-Create + Contrary definitely should be too, since it carries a very similar effect, while also being incredibly powerful.

Other mention goes to Spectral Thief, especially on Mimikyu, which completely shuts down any momentum, and then uses it to sweep through the enemy team with ease, while also being a strong STAB in general.

Spectral Thief Mimikyu is fairly skillless, but it's very much not broken, and it's certainly not as problematic as V-create. They're playing 5-6 at the outset if they try to preserve Disguise at all, and SSS, MGB, and Photon Geyser all go straight through Disguise, along with any Pokemon that already have Mold Breaker. It's like Transform Chansey: If you stay in with your +4/+4/+4/+4 Serperior when you know you can't KO, well, that's on you.

It also fails to hit Normal-types entirely, so shit like Quick Attack Snorlax can still safely set up with Mimikyu in the back.

I was going to try putting powder on things to see if it helps vs random fire moves but I looked it up before hand and powder does not work on grass types so it would be no help versus V-create Serperior.

Just wondering what kind of Reuniclus set would be best?

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor/Cotton Guard
- Psyshock/Psychic/Stored Power/Psystrike
- Recover/Strength Sap/Shore Up

At the moment I've been running Stored Power since boosts seem to stack up very quickly on Reuniclus and it can break through bulky resists after a few AA/CM boosts but I could see arguments for other options, if there's anything else that I've forgotten please feel free to add them since I'm not the most frequent player in this meta.

Just wondering what kind of Reuniclus set would be best?

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor/Cotton Guard
- Psyshock/Psychic/Stored Power/Psystrike
- Recover/Strength Sap/Shore Up

At the moment I've been running Stored Power since boosts seem to stack up very quickly on Reuniclus and it can break through bulky resists after a few AA/CM boosts but I could see arguments for other options, if there's anything else that I've forgotten please feel free to add them since I'm not the most frequent player in this meta.
I believe the best of these by far is Stored Power. Aside from the insane power it makes Psystrike obsolete because Chansey and other special walls are still obliterated by it after a few boosts. It also beats Unaware because of the move itself gaining base power.

Maybe Moonblast to bait Darks and have good coverage in general?

power

uh-oh, the game in trouble
I believe the best of these by far is Stored Power. Aside from the insane power it makes Psystrike obsolete because Chansey and other special walls are still obliterated by it after a few boosts. It also beats Unaware because of the move itself gaining base power.

Maybe Moonblast to bait Darks and have good coverage in general?
If you want to bait Darks, Will O Wisp or Toxic might be a nice option too; doesnt hit Sableye, but it works wonders vs offensive teams and puts offensive darks on a timer. Stored Power with tspike support is probably still great too, and you can always just run focus blast too.

v-create is very strong. its such a splashable move, provides great fire coverage and is difficult to play around when used in conjuction with contrary or trick room. Its power is well above all over sketchable moves. (around 120ish power)
its the equivilant of 120 base power stab move, but its not stab think about that for a moment. suspect????.

Im finding Boomburst mega altaria a good counter to v-create serpior right now.

I dont find spectral theif mimikyu too hard to deal with. you can easily switch out to avoid giving boosts, and it lack power without a turn of setup.

How do you beat stall. Beat them at their own game.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Scald
- Calm Mind
it is so satisfying to watch a passive opponent unable to break your sub and pp stalled to death. Kings shield lets you fair better against offensive teams. I recommend pairing this with t-spikes support and spectral thief support to fair better against offense and to steal your boost back if they accidentally get robbed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)