ability: Sap Sipper
item: Eviolite
evs: 76 Atk / 52 Def / 140 SpD / 180 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

- Bulk Up is its only viable boosting move besides Growth
- Horn Leech gives it recovery as it sets-up, and is reasonably strong
- Rock Slide hits Flying-types, Bug types and Fire types who resist Skiddos STAB
- Brick Break hits Steel-types, notably Pawniard, and also Dark and Normal types
- Bulldoze can Hit Fire-types, Poison types and Steel types who all resist Grass
- Milk Drink can be used as reliable recovery to help you set up as well as heal off residual damage

Set Details
========

- 180 Speed EVs let you reach 14 speed to out speed standard Larvesta, who it can OHKO with Rock Slide at +1
- Defense EVs to hit Eviolite number, increasing bulk
- Special Defense EVs allow it to avoid 2HKO from physically defensive Chinchou Ice Beam
- Remaining EVs put into Attack
- Eviolite is the most useful item in tandem with Horn Leech and Milk Drink recovery

Usage Tips
========

- Can check Physically Defensive Chinchou, but Ice beam can 2HKO with some investment, so switching in is not always reliable and it does not enjoy being burnt by Scald at all, crippling it
- Best to be saved when Grass resists are removed or weakened, as it can easily increase its longevity with Horn Leech
- Can set up on walls, such as Spritzee, and can quickly heal off any damage through Horn Leech or Milk Drink
- Should be wary of Specially-based Water-types since they can deal significant damage with Ice Beam
- It works well with other sweepers weak to Flying, as its typing lures them in well allowing it to wear them down with Rock Slide

Team Options
========

- Chinchou can beat many of the Flying and Fire types who threaten Skiddo, and in return Skiddo can take some Grass or Ground-type moves that may target Chinchou
- Flying and Fire-types can deal with the Bug and Grass types who might give Skiddo trouble, and appreciate Skiddos ability to help wear down Chinchou
- Ground-types, such as Drilbur, can deal with Poison types, such as Trubbish who can set up on Skiddo and Skiddo can deal with Water-types in turn
- Magnemite, although sharing a Fire weakness. can beat Poison-types that threaten Skiddo, as well as Flying-types and Skiddo can take Ground moves for it
- Tentacool has great synergy, as it can take Fire, Bug and Poison-type moves for Skiddo and in return Skiddo can take ground type moves.
- Rock-Types also pair well, as they can deal with many Flying-types such as Fletchling who will target , or even set on an unboosted Skiddo

SET NAME
########

name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Horn Leech
move 2: Rock Slide
move 3: Bulldoze/Double Edge
move 4: Brick Break/Double Edge
ability: Sap Sipper
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 236 Atk / 52 Def / 180 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

- Horn Leech is Skiddos STAB attack, also granting it recovery
- Rock Slide hits Flying-types, Bug-Types and Fire-types who resist Horn Leech
- Double Edge is a powerful attack to hit other resists, such as Poision-types and other Grass-types
- Brick Break can be used to hit Steel-types, such as Pawniard who otherwise resist wall you
- Bulldoze can be used to hit Steel-types a bit weaker, while lowering their Speed, and also to hit Poison-types without the recoil from Double Edge

Set Details
========

- 236 Atk and Adamant to maximize damage inflicted
- 180 Spe to reach 14, equalling 21 Speed with a Scarf, out speeding the entire unboosted metagame
- 52 Def is leftover EVs and add a stat point onto Defense

Usage Tips
========

- Generally best used to revenge kill Pokemon weak to its STAB, or those that are weakened beforehand
- Lacks the Attack to OHKO many of the Pokemon it wants to outspeed, so hazard support is almost necessary to net some KOs
- Frailer Ground-types, such as Drilbur are outsped and can be KOed with STAB Horn Leech
- Water-types that would generally outspeed non-scarf Skiddo trouble, like Staryu, can be taken by surprise

Team Options
========

- Many of the aforementioned team mates enjoy Skiddos ability to clear out Water, Rock and Ground-types
- Chinchou pairs well, as it easily takes Flying and Fire-type moves and in return Skiddo can take any Ground and possibly Grass-type attacks
- Slower Fire-types, like Larvesta, can benefit from Skiddo removing faster Water, Rock and Ground-types and can take Bug-type moves for Skiddo
- Rock-Types, like Onix, can deal with Flying-types and appreciate Water-types and Ground-types being removed

Other Options
########

- Payback could be considered to hit Ghosts, however the two major Ghost-types, Misdreavus and Gastly, have little trouble with Skiddo, as both can cripple it with Will-O-Wisp and Gastly can hit it with STAB Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Blade might be an option over Horn Leech if you are running Milk Drink for a more powerful STAB
- Wild Charge could be considered for a stronger move to hit Flying-types, however that is the only useful coverage it gives
- Return could be used for neutral coverage, however Skiddo is generally not going to be strong enough to KO its checks with a neutral, non-stab hit
- A special set might seem usable, however Skiddo lacks any movepool to speak of and has access to only 3 Types of special attacks (Grass, Water and Normal)
- A full offensive set could be run, however it lacks the Speed and Attacking stats to effectively deal damage, as well as strong coverage options
- A defensive set may also considered by looking at its bulk, however it lacks support options, typing and the moves to perform as a wall or pivot, and is generally going to be outclassed by Foongus (or any other Grass-type) in that role

Checks & Counters
########

**Flying-types**: Murkrow and Fletchling can outspeed and deal massive damage with Brave Bird and Acrobatics respectively.
**Bug-types**: Dwebble and Larvesta can beat Skiddo with their Bug STABs (and Fire in Larvestas case), however neither enjoy being hit by a Rock Slide on the Switch, especially Larvesta who is easily KOed after being hit on the switch.
**Fire-types**: Ponyta and Growlithe you can take any thing Skiddo has and KO back easily.
**Poison-types**: Foongus resists Skiddos STAB and is neutral to all of its coverage moves and can easily deal with Skiddo. Trubbish and Koffing fear nothing from Skiddo and Trubbish can use Skiddo as set-up bait for Spikes.
**Grass-types**: Skiddo has trouble with any Grass-types, as it has to rely on weaker coverage moves. Phantump/Pumpkaboo could prove to be very troublesome, as they can inflict Burn on Skiddo, crippling it, and effectively wall it completely.
**Steel-types**: Ferroseed fears nothing, even a super effective Brick Break does little and it can cripple it with Thunderwave or set-up hazards.
**Ice-types**: Ice-types such as Snover can generally take most attacks and KO back

Last edited:

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey! I think it's worth adding that team options such as Drilbur and Chinchou can act as lures to get Skiddo safely in on a Leaf Storm or Giga Drain.
I think you should add Magnemite to team options. He may also be weak to fire, but can tank those poison attacks which are more common in gen 6, or, even better Tentacool. Takes poison, bug and fire hits that threaten Skiddo. Magnemite also counters Murkrow and Fletchling though.

I put more emphasis on what Skiddo can do in return for Chinchou and Drilbur, however the premier Grass-type in the current meta happens to be Foongus who will beat Skiddo one-on-one anyway, so it's still a little iffy at tanking Grass-type hits when it is also threatened by STAB Poison-type moves.
I added Magnemite to team options, however Murkrow runs Heat Wave very often which can deal with mag after Sturdy is broken and Fletch can also run Overheat to a similar extent. Tentacool was also added, however I put emphasis on the fact the many Fire-types carry Wild Charge, which Tentacool cannot deal with, so Chinchou is still the better partner imo.
Thanks for all your suggestions~

I'd mention Ferroseed as a check if lacking Brick Break or Bulldoze as it just forces Skiddo out. In fact, every common Grass-type is also a check. Pumpkaboo and Phantump can take a hit and burn it with WoW.

Seeing as it's a physically oriented grass-type maybe you should mention it can't take scalds as easily because of the burn chance so it has to be careful around every water-type it's meant to counter.

I'd add some rock-types as team options, specially as better counters of Fletchling and Murkrow than Magnemite. They also often carry Ground coverage for Poison-types.

Also, is a scarf set worth trying? It hits 14 speed with a neutral nature, is not weak to fighting (unlike Deerling) and has Horn Leech which really helps bc recovering is nice, also Sap Sipper let's it switch often (pair it with Chinchou :)) I know Scarf is not as viable as before thanks to priority (and Fletchling) but it's easy to getting around it. It also can run all of its coverage moves.

I used:

Skiddo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 52 Def / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Bulldoze
- Brick Break

I had a good experience running this set but Idk if Deerling outclasses it as a Physical Grass Scarfer.

I had tried a Scarf set previously, but had little success, as without Spikes/Stealth Rock support it misses out on quite a few OHKOs with super effective hits, notably Staryu, Murkrow and Pawniard(barely) and they will know he is Scarfed right away and due to the low Base Power of his attacks switching into a resist is no problem at all. Grass STAB isn't exactly stellar coverage either. However I see some value in adding one, thanks to it hitting 14 speed, but was reluctant before due to the aforementioned points.
I'll add it in for now.

You should probably put a few ice types in Checks and Counters, as well as water types like Staryu that can learn Ice Beam. Swinub isn't really that common, but it could deal massive damage with icicle crash then finish it off with ice shard. Might not be worth mentioning though, I didn't do damage calcs so this may just be obsolete lol.

Life Orb Staryu is OHKOed by Horn Leech and only 2HKOs with Ice Beam. Eviolite Staryu is OHKOed by Horn Leech after a small amount of prior damage, and 2HKOes with Ice Beam, or a 3HKO after Horn Leech recovery. I'll mention that Skiddo should be wary of switching in on Staryu, as it may Ice Beam it on the switch.
As for Swinub, it really isn't going to want to take a Horn Leech, and can't OHKO even with Max Attack, unless running Life Orb and speed ties without investment. Also it is OHKOed after Skiddo gets of a single Bulk Up, and can't Swinub cannot OHKO at that point and Skiddo will restore a significant amount of the health lost through Horn Leech.
I put in Snover instead, since it resists Skiddos STAB, and can KO with Blizzard

+1 76+ Atk Skiddo Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 92 Def Fletchling: 22-26 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. +1 0 HP / 52 Def Eviolite Skiddo: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If Fletch switches in as Skiddo uses Bulk Up, he likely loses, however Skiddo is low enough to easily revenge-kill, the same case if it switches in on Rock Slide, as at +0 it cannot OHKO, and Fletch can easily run more physical bulk, which could help it avoid the OHKO from +1 Rock Slide. So in general Skiddo has trouble dealing with Fletch.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+1 76+ Atk Skiddo Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 92 Def Fletchling: 22-26 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. +1 0 HP / 52 Def Eviolite Skiddo: 14-18 (60.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If Fletch switches in as Skiddo uses Bulk Up, he likely loses, however Skiddo is low enough to easily revenge-kill, the same case if it switches in on Rock Slide, as at +0 it cannot OHKO, and Fletch can easily run more physical bulk, which could help it avoid the OHKO from +1 Rock Slide. So in general Skiddo has trouble dealing with Fletch.
it could still remove it for another sweeper though, which is kinda cool. scraggy would definitely appreciate this.

I'll mention that its typing is ideal for luring Flying-types, who it can wear down with its coverage moves to make the lives of Fighting-types like Scraggy easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)