Skyfall (A LC RMT that peaked #16) by XenoBlade911

Introduction:

Hello everybody,XenoBlade911 here welcoming you to my next RMT. Now I said I was gonna base a team around the mega that got the most votes,and it was a tie between Pinsir and Absol.But for now I wanted to make a LC team. As you guys know LC is my favorite tier of all time since Generation 5 and I built a team that got me to peak around 2005 in the Pokebank LC ladder and I got #16 in the ladder. So if you don't believe me check out this screenshot:

Skyfall at a glance:

~
~
~
~
~

Team Building Process:

So I started with one of my favorite pokemon in LC at the moment: Honedge. Honedge packs quite a punch as it really likes sweeping entire teams with Shadow Sneak,it is also a really strong wallbreaker with it's relatively decent movepool and acees to Swords Dance which is what makes this thing so effective in the LC metagame.With 9 resistances and a whopping 3 inmunities Honedge is quite a monster.Although the nerf of Steel types now being unable to resist both of the types that are super effective on Ghost (Ghost and Dark) it means it won't have those 2 useful resistances.But all in all Honedge is a really good pokemon and I think you guys should try it out. :heart:

Then it came in my opinion one of the best pokemon in the LC tier.My man Bunnelby. Bunnelby has this really useful ability called Huge Power which doubles it's relatively mediocre attack to Sky High for LC. Achieving a whopping base 28 which is something to be reckoned with. It gets really good coverage in moves like Earthquake,Rock Slide and Payback.I decided to make a set for myself. I'll explain more in detail when we get to analyse the team in-depth.

Then I thought the team was a bit too slow for my taste. So adding Sticky Web support fit this team pretty darn well as it makes them easy picking for Bunnelby. I opted for Surskit over Spinarak becuase of his really good synergy with Honedge and I wanted a relatively fast support mon which is nice. This surkit has never disappointed me so I'm keeping it in the team permanently as it is an integral part of the team as it has great synergy and providing Sticky Web support in a team is just too much to pass up. And it can help me against the likes of Gligar KOing them with Hydro Pump or Ice Beam.

Now I wanted something that is EXTREMELY bulky and Tangela fits the spot perfectly. While it's typing isn't exactly excellent defensively. It takes hits like no one else can in LC as it acquires 21 Defense and a great 17 SDef which with Eviolite make this thing a great wall as it can completely wall stuff like Mienfoo,Belly Drum Swirlix as it can take a hit and most likely finish it off with the Giga Drain. Tangela is here to be annoying,put stuff to sleep,Leech Seed and switch out if necessary while getting some Health back thanks to the awesome ability in the form of Regenerator.

Then came in my other Pure Power user in the form of Meditite or what I like to call it "SwirlixSlayer". Meditite is extremely helpful as it destroys Swirlix and can leave a mark on anything it touches,except Slowpoke which totally walls my Meditite. But Slowpoke isn't seen much so it's not really that big of a deal. Meditite is just as powerful as Bunnelby but with Life Orb it is like the most powerful thing in LC that isn't a set up sweeper.I run just enough speed to outspeed defensive Gligar and most people don't expect it to run Speed but this one does so it isn't that slow.

I almost had the team completed but I lacked Rapid Spin and Rocks support so I added a Bulky Drilbur to provide that support. With Rocks Up I guarantee a KO on defensive Slowpoke after rocks at +1 with Bunnelby and it provides decent synergy with Honedge as I have Mold Breaker just for those annoying Levitators such as Misdreavus which I still hate.

A Closer Look:

Kitchen Knife (
Honedge) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 220 SDef / 92 Def
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
To start off with the team.We have Honedge.Honedge is an extremely strong attacker and it has a whopping base 100 Defense.Now this Honedge runs Careful so I can boost up it's relatively lackluster Special Defense to at least decent levels and boost up it's relatively amazing defense and Attack stats (for LC that is) to even higher levels. The set I run for this Honedge is Swords Dance because it is a Sword and to double it's awesome attack stat,Shadow Claw for a decently powerful STAB,Sacred Sword to hit those pesky stuff like Normal Types and Dark Types,and Shadow Sneak to get a form of Priority,now running 2 Ghost Type moves might seem kind of redundant it really helps out when I can't quite get a KO with Shadow Claw, I can just use Shadow Sneak to finish it off.

Real Deal (Bunnelby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 Def / 228 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Thief
Bunnelby is like how do I say it,MONSTROUS.This set is a set I made and it is freaking destroys everything at +1.Essencially it gives it a Choice Band and a Defense boost.This thing is surprisingly bulky with Eviolite.As weird as it seems.Anyway I decided to run Eviolite over Life Orb as I dislike recoil and that makes me quite frail to be honest.Anyway the set is Bulk Up to unleash the beast within,Frsutration because I want anger over happiness,Earthquake for Steel Types and Rock Types and Thief which might seem odd but it gives it coverage against Misdreavus as it is inmune to my Frustration and my Earthquake otherwise it completely shits on this set.I can show you some calcs if you don't believe me:

+1 228 Atk+ Huge Power Bunnelby Frustration vs. 212 HP / 196 Def+ Eviolite Spritzee (73-92.3%) Guaranteed 2HKO.
+1 228 Atk+ Huge Power Bunnelby Frustration vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Timburr (104.1-125%) Guaranteed OHKO.
+1 228 Atk+ Huge Power Bunnelby Frustration vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gligar (117.3-143.4%) Guaranteed OHKO.
+1 228 Atk+ Huge Power Bunnelby Frustration vs. 0 HP / 236 Def+ Eviolite Vullaby (69.5-91.3%) Guaranteed OHKO After Stealth Rocks.
That goes to show you the power of Bunnelby at +1 and with Sticky Web support it can possibly or totally wreck entire teams with just a STAB Frustration.

Not Viable (Surskit) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 196 SAtk / 76 SDef / 236 Spd
IV's: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Sticky Web
- Protect

Surskit is now actually viable as a lead.It gets the new hazard in the form of Sticky Web. Surksit finally got it's niche which is as a lead and as a relatively fast sweeper. Anyway I won't really provide a big explanation here as this set is fairly standard-ish, except I run protect to avoid damage from stuff like Fake Out and it also serves to scout my opponent's next move.Ice Beam and Hydro Pump to deal as much damage before I die. Surskit is what I tend to lead off with but if I really have to I lead of with Drilbur to get my turn 1 Stealth Rocks.

Drug Dealer (Tangela) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Def / 196 SDef / 76 HP
IV's: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
Now Tangela in my opinion is one of the bulkiest yet one of the most powerful modafuckas in the LC tier. I decided to incline myself towards the Specially Defensive side of the spectrum. With Eviolite this thing is like The Great Wall from China. Nothing can break it down. And with Regenerator this thing gets 1/3 of the HP it lost in combat which means the effort that it took to weaken Tangela down was pretty much in vain for the opponent. This set saps HP with Leech Seed and puts stuff to sleep and when they're asleep they can do nothing about it as in LC there aren't many good clerics. Knock Off is used to get rid of Berry Juices and Eviolites mainly and with this EV spread I can actually survive a Sun Boosted HP Fire from Modest Life Orb Tangela as well as a Blizzard from a Snover which is really nice.

What is a man? (Meditite) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 Spd / 76 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
Meditite or what I like to call "SwirlixSlayer". This thing's dual priority pretty much screws over any Swirlix trying to set up in my face. I used to have a Mienfoo here but I was set up fodder for Swirlix so I changed it to this to stop getting swept by Swirlix which was a great idea. I run Life Orb to basically decimate anything that doesn't resist Drain Punch. I run Drain Punch over High Jump Miss Kick because I hate missing as it's either you wreck something or you completely commit suicide. Anyway I run Dual Priority in Fake Out and Bullet Punch which works to dispatch those Swirlix, Drain Punch to recover HP as it has fantastic synergy with Life Orb and Ice Punch in case Gligar feels like he can get his ass up against my Meditite I'll just kill it with Ice Punch.

DunnaDrill (Drilbur) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide​

And last but not least, my trusty Rapid Spinner and Stealth Rocker. And the reason I chose this guy is because I think it is a relatively cool Rapid Spinner and it fitted my team fairly well. It helps me get rid of Hazards mainly Sticky Web and it gets to spin and possibly kill one poke most of the time. Mold Breaker is an extremely awesome ability as MIsdreavus can't switch into an Earthquake as it completely ignores Levitate which means Misdreavus has to switch in carefully. Anyway this is your everyday standard Drilbur set with the 3 main moves and Rock Slide to hit Fletchling and Vullaby for SE damage.

Threats to the team:
SD Gligar with Berry Juice mainly: This thing is really annoying as it can outspeed my Meditite which is rather irritating. And I mainly have to take it out early-game. Otherwise it can be prove to be quite an issue.

Yanma (Speed Boost): I hate when this thing flinches me turn 1 with Surskit and the fact that it gets faster means I have to use Honedge to do deal with it. If it carries the rare HP Fire it can prove to be a little asshole.

Shell Smashers (Mainly Dwebble and Tirtouga): Basically I can go into my Meditite to Fake Out and possibly break the Sturdy Juice combination which is extremely irritating.

Conclusion:
I think it's a pretty decent team, it isn't flawless but I put a lot of dedication into it and a lot of time into it so I could get that #16 peak which is very satisfying and I hope I can come up with better teams and for the next team it will be OU and it will be around Mega Pinsir for all those Pinsir lovers. So that's it for me, catch you guys later until next time! :heart:

Final Glance:

Importable:

Kitchen Knife (Honedge) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 220 SDef
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Real Deal (Bunnelby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 Def / 228 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Return
- Earthquake
- Thief

Not Viable (Surskit) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 196 SAtk / 76 SDef / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Sticky Web
- Protect
- Ice Beam

Drug Dealer (Tangela) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 196 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

What is a man? (Meditite) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

DunnaDrill (Drilbur) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Last edited:
Hey XenoBlade, cool team. I've never actually played LC so I don't have any experience, but I'm still gonna try to do my best. So you say that you're weak to Yanma and Shell Smashers, well I have a quick suggestion. Quick Attack over Bulk Up on Bunnelby. This combined with Fake Out+Bullet Punch from Meditite should do the trick VS Shell Smashers, and should definitely help out VS Yanma. Another option is Normal Gem over Eviolite since you won't be using Bulk Up anymore, but that's just a suggestion. Another thing is to add more physical bulk to Tangela. This should help you out with Tirtouga a bit more (Not sure if they run Ice Beam LOL). It would also help out VS SD Gligar. Finally this is probably gimmicky, but you may want to try out Air Balloon over Eviolite on Drilbur if you're really that concerned about Gligar. Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)