ORAS OU skylark interbang! (peaked 1909, #23 on ladder)

SKYLARK INTERBANG

Hello everyone! I've come to share with you lovely folk one of the most fun & successful teams i've built during ORAS! This era is coming to an end and i couldn't just leave it w/out posting a team. While ladder is super duper despair enducing, i can assure you this engaging team is sure to bring cheer to your spirit! → ܫ ← ♡

Teambuilding Process:

From the very start i knew i wanted to build around this core. Basically The setup duo of bish + sharp breaks down similar checks to each other such as Keldeo and bulky waters, whilst Roserade is there as the keld check and is able to set up spikes which sets it apart from amoong in that manner

Next i decided on Zammer as my mega, serving as a late game cleaner and being needed speed & str8 offensive pressure pressure while landorus gives me a ground resist, stealth rocker, bird check, all around goodglue.jpeg

heatran while being sort of an awkward last fit suits well being able to take on scizor and other steels, fires specifically the zards, and is a bish check (via wisp) which also annoys shit like keldeo, rotom, tyrannitar p hard
THE TEAM

peripheral paladin (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Mega Alakazam still up to the very end of ORAS is slept on af, undisputed top 5 if it didn't have to risk focus blast every match. (which is most people's counter l0l) I chose this as it served the role as cleaner and being a fast check to threats such as Mega Lopunny and fits superbly on spike stacking teams such as this. Standard moveset besides protect which is rly fucking fantastic, allows zam to mega safely whenever and shit like lop and megacham can't come in and harass it with fake out.

suave succ (roserade) @ black sludge
AbilityTechnician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 28 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe

- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Roserade is suave af and fits the team/core perfectly. It's access to spikes and faster speed tier sets it apart from it's commie cousin amoongus, laying up spikes and checking waters/keld supremely benefits the team amazingly. The spread i made for it takes on Keldeo never being 2HKO'd by its stabs only by specs icy wind (which gives bisharp a juicy switch + boost) and the speed ev's allow it to outspeed and fuck up jolly crawdaunt. Giga drain is nice helping its longevity and sludge bomb lets it take on fairies, HP fire is bolstered by technician and nobody seems to expect the coverage lul, nice way to lure in ferro metagross etc to be put in range for the rest of the squad late game
dapper danish (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Feraligatr serves as part of the setup duo, and as scapegoat to weaken keld/bulky waters for the rest of the team. The amount of bulky offense teams it dicks on is unreal after it's appropriate checks are weakened. Often serves as a surprisingly good lead a lot of the time just clicking the appropriate coverage without the need to set up.

dark dood (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp completes the core that birthed this team and in general is and always has been a menace throughout 6th gen. Being the deterrent to defog so my hazards stay up and being able to slice through bulky psychics is a godsend. Late game sweeping with the support this team gives it is usually the objective, either between sharp or gatr. Lum Berry has always been my preferred item being able to boost up on Rotom, MSableye and not having to worry about catching the wave vs pink shits like clefable & chansey.

inbred iguana (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 36 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Landorus, as always found its way onto the team bc of the plethora of things it checks and accomplishes. Setting up rocks and being the in general bird/physical check and being a ground resist is vital to the squadron. The speed is to outrun modest volcanion and non speed + base 70's and the atk is not for any specific reason really, i just prefer lando having more offensive presence than the typical defensive variant. (could be optimized)

fervent fury (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

-Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Serving as more glue for the team Heatran serves as the Scizor answer, Zard(s)/Fire answer, Manec switch in, Trapper, and Bisharp check w/ wisp filling in many patches and supporting the endgame of the team. Magma Storm allows you to trap shit like Clefable Chansey etc paving a path for the other members. Earth power to smack opposing fires and taunt beating out most defensive mons in tandem w/ its typing and longevity. Will-o-Wisp being the last slot has a l w a y s been such a fantastic filler slot and it's a shame hardly anyone uses it. It can come in and click wisp on the switch to usual answers like T-Tar, Rotom, Keldeo etc and shorten their lifespan significantly :heart: Max speed to obliterate jolly superpower scizor and wisp bisharp
Threatlist

Can be mucho difficult to play around this monster, weaken it to the point where zam shadow ball kills and gatr is a good lead against gard teams
lol yeah uh, keep hazards up and pray n_u
both forms of gyarados can be real nuisances to the team. try to lure it into a crispy wisp from tran and keep roserade healthy vs megados. Keep in mind megazam outspeeds both with a boost
LO weavile is more potent than band in this case bc low kick + having free reign is more scary, but both variants have a good time clicking their stab when they get in
spike stack teams made fit to mega-sharpedo will nearly always win vs this team if they don't play like garbo. auto loss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
if i didn't have tect zam this thing would be an auto loss too tbhh, get the thing into sucker range so zam isn't the only thing capable of beating it

Mishimono M CREW REP
Matame YALL KEEP ME SANE, i enjoy our banter :))

finally my day 1....husbando ❤︎ nice butt
SpaceBass man people don't give you enough credit, you've been around forever and you're a chill dude ☯☯
n1n1 people give you a lot of shit but lol you've made me actually laugh out loud irl more times than i can count which is something, despite some ridiculous shit that's been said you seem to care for the general well being of the community & have pushed duu which i respect
thebagman BAGMAN CLAN FOR LIFE
Yoda2798 spicy memes tend to come along w/ the title of duu prodigy we both share, I APPRECIATE YOU ;ooo

In Conclusion
I chose to showcase this team bc i feel like the team and concept itself is really telling of why i enjoyed playing mons throughout XY until now. Being able to make unique intristic strategies/pokemon thrive in a competitive setting is what fueled my original passion for this game
While riddled with flaws i'm happy with it as a whole ( ͡nᴥ ͡n)
Pokemon has both done me good filling up empty time and invigorated me w/ ideas and
has driven me crazy via it's ever present RNG garbage. Now more than ever i feel like it's time to take a longer break from the competitive side of things (until i play SuMo at the very least) but we'll see if this game draws me back in as it always does
(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) FAREWELL FAMALAM

(http://i.imgur.com/KlS287L.gif the actual gif lmao)

peripheral paladin (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Protect

suave succ (Roserade) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 28 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

dapper danish (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

dark dood (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

inbred iguana (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 36 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

fervent fury (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Yo this is a pretty nice bulky offense team, it has a roserade/tran/lanT backbone with two wincons and mzam. As you said, I hate to use mzam solely because of focus blast, but it has its merits as well.

The biggest weakness I can see for the team at a glance that wasn't already mentioned is manaphy. It can set up on lando-T/heatran with ease, and the standard scald/ice beam/eball OHKO's the entire team at +3. The only options you have for revenge killing is sucker punch bisharp+zam psychic, and considering how many things manaphy can hit/set up on, such a shaky revenge killing method is annoying, especially when bisharp isn't blackglasses or LO. One way you can sort of remedy this problem is Chople Ferro>Roserade. This considerably weakens the ability to check keldeo, but you still have mzam which is easy revenge killing and plenty of options to pressure keld such as magma storm tran and knock off bisharp. If you want to think optimistically, Chople ferro with pwhip is sort of a keld lure in the right circumstances. Chople Ferro can also be a nice mgarde check with gyro, and helps out a lot vs mgyara and sharpedo too, and kind of weavile.

To kind of ease the keldeo problem, we can additionally put Superpower>Crunch on feraligatr. Crunch is mostly there for slowbro, and with a Lum Bisharp on board, I think it's a better idea to start covering opposing Ferrothorn (to save ur zam from focus blasting) and Keldeo (for obvious reasons).

Other than that there's not a whole lot i can change in the team without opening more holes than I close. Good luck with your extended hiatus :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)