Skylight Photography & Art [22/03/15 - sketch of pet i used to have]

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
apparently this thread is for drawing n photos although mostly drawing lately because i'm lazy when it comes to uploading photos. :3! I purchased a Canon EOS 600D a few months ago. I tend to like photos of birds/flowers/plants/etc. Also, I've taken lots more photos on my iPhone (and other cameras over the year) but I don't feel like finding them (and despite iPhone quality they're p good) so this is just for stuff from my DSLR! as for the drawing stuff i don't have a tablet or anything and due to that i don't draw really properly i just draw w/e. and cute mons and stuff :3

Animals

Nature

enjoy~

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
very nice photos
I really like the nature ones, especially those that have water in them
keep it up

the nature ones are great, like stuff you'd find on a windows desktop wallpaper :3

your dog is absolutely adorable, but ti does look frightened :/

keep it up, i'd love to see more

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
UH so I am in no way good at drawing buuuut I've been drawing with my mouse recently since I lack a tablet, and I thought these turned out really cute I think? (basically larger versions of my signature + avatar, plus the new orange bird mon and oshawott). so ya i thought, why not bump this i guess??

<-- took 10 mins to colour n draw (very excited by that)!!!

i also drew some other stuff but it was really not much effort and not coloured and yeahhh.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Those are adorable ^^ I particularly like orange bird, as it actually makes Pidove look cool. Luvdisc'd :)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really like someone is posting mostly photographs, Good Luck with it.
Till now I really like it, have you tried photographing unliving things like Waterfalls, Lakes, Mountains, Plains, Deserts (I can't say what as I don't know where you live), I would like to see how you would do that, anyway Good Luck and Luvdisc'd

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Loving the progression of your pieces so far.

Your photography images in particular gotten my view the most because they all look realistic (especially the various features of fluids that displays on the textures of the plants), engaging, and the fact that I have a huge love of birds, dogs, and flowers/plants. The way that you've displayed your background features, quality of the displays, variety of different colors, clear understanding of the animal's emotional state (curious, dishearted, loyal within their surroundings, to name a few), diverse use of tone and lighting really exhibits of how naturally and beautifully executed the snapshots turned out. It's nice to see something that I can maintain an emotional attachment towards.

Regarding some of your drawings, they look nice. Since I'm not much of a drawer myself, I can't seem to get too much in detail in terms of a critique, but I really think that the idea behind not displaying any eyes does tend to match the quality of some of your work here pretty well. It just seems right since it brings more of a "jolly" feel towards their image and it works better off in my opinion because a cheerful emotion is what mainly describes the way they were drawn (Oshawott and Litwick being the best example). The only problem I saw is that Oshawott looked a bit disproportional and there were angling issues (mainly on the head matching the body), but practice makes perfect.

Great work on these overall Nica, thanks a lot for the Golduck picture, and I'll look forward for more in the future. :)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
ty guys! I plan to get more photo stuff uploaded eventually (but not rn) so make do with drawings for now~~~

victini 4 ;) (GET IT?? victini for v4victini yeah it's hilarious okay - also its posture sucks ik sry i didn't feel like fixing that)

tony abbott as a diglett.

i concluded this is zebraiken when he is cleaning up after everyone else in #neverused.

surfing sealeo 4 treecko.

Walrein is a low quality Pokemon that was drawn in a high quality picture for an incredibly high quality user. 10/10 would look at it again.

Hi.
Interesting art thread you got there and your photos are really crystal clear. I love the variety of rules you've applied in your photos (i.e. rule of thirds, close up for examples) and even if some of the animals/flowers are centered, there's always something there to make them more interesting.
For your artworks, I really like how cute they are but they seem a bit wonky to me. For instance, I find many of the proportions and anatomy off (i.e. Golduck has a jellybone structure and it looks unnatural as its feet look scrambled; Victini's [as you mentioned] right arm is unusually large compared to its left; Sealeo's left arm is missing, etc...). I could say your lineart is a bit on the wobbly side but since you are using a mouse then I think the lineart looks pretty good.
Anyways, I think you have potential for improvement so I would keep up the great work! :)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Thanks for your comment! But yeah, I totally get that in regards to the anatomy. It just looks... off and hard to fix at that point, but I do plan to work more on that in the future, but for now I'm really figuring out what I'm doing ahaha. But I do appreciate the comment, and I do intend to work on that stuff.

With that said, here's uh, a dragon/fighting fakemon drawn from what we were discussing in #neverused earlier that I called Drabox. I only listened to one of the suggestions in regards to drawing it (which was the gloves, because otherwise it'd be fluffy and pink -- thanks tennisace). I tried to shade a little buuut it's off, and keep in mind that I drew -that- on a touchpad which is even worse than the mouse I used with the previous drawings ;_;

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Okay so I got my laptop back so I can post photography updates BUT I lost my charger so idk I need to find it anyway,

Nature

Animals (I'm aware the birds are blurred but I think it looks more meaningful blurred so I just made it black n white~) Also, I really played with the lighting @ the dog ones, so hopefully you see what I mean.

Other

Green plants and dogs are from yesterday btw.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
So I drews this stuff today,

Gogoat could be better but I didn't really feel like doing it properly so ;_; As for the feet I just really do suck at them so,...

Trying to do this without any lines was hard. :x

Last edited:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
updating! still using mouse tho but yea ive been trying to improve i guess.

week ago, mega entei

today/yesterday

two weeks ago?

sexy pidove

jynxxxx

a while back

ages back btw, like, months or so lol

Last edited:

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I just wish I could portray the obvious rampant enjoyment that you do in your endearing pictures. *mushy time over*

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Haven't really drawn much that good in a while... so gonna show this:

First I redid a terrible effort of it the other day but keeping the same line art p much, second drawn completely tonight c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)