1v1 SM 1v1 Cup - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
1600649653379.png

thanks Brumirage for the amazing art!
Welcome to the fourth round of the SM 1v1 Cup!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • 1v1 Classic rules can be read here.
  • Gen 7 1v1. Bring 3 Pokemon, pick 1.
  • Battles must take place on main server or smogtours under the format [Gen 7] 1v1.
  • Best of five, single elimination.
  • Replays are now required.
  • If you don't get your match done, I will give the activity win to someone or coinflip it. If both users are constantly making contact but can't set up a specific time, I will give an extension for 3 days. Do not rely on this because I might just flip your game if minimal effort was put in.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Ruleset - Obtainable, Species Clause, Nickname Clause, Moody Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Moves Clause, Accuracy Moves Clause, Swagger Clause, Endless Battle Clause, HP Percentage Mod, Cancel Mod, Team Preview
Bans - Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys-Base, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kangaskhan-Mega, Kyogre, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Lunala, Marshadow, Mewtwo, Mimikyu, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Salamence-Mega, Shaymin-Sky, Snorlax, Solgaleo, Tapu Koko, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Focus Sash, Perish Song, Detect + Fightinium Z

Resources:

Round 4 Matchups:
https://www.smogon.com/bracketmaker/view/3283/

toadandhishaxx  vs  The Bomb
Simbo  vs  (winner of Joker 1v1 vs Wutpulver)
WailJesus  vsChickenpie2
smely socks
vs  Lkjc
Golden009  vs  PA
Mishlef  vs  ToastedBunzzz02
Close  vsggopw
Satanic Beast
 vs  Mubs

The deadline for Extended Matches will be three days, or until September 23rd at 11:59 PM GMT-4.
The deadline for Round 3 will be one week, or until September 27th at 11:59 PM GMT-4. Extensions are able to be given, should they be requested.

Last edited:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
toadandhishaxx  vs  The Bomb
Simbo  vs  (winner of Joker 1v1 vs Wutpulver)
WailJesus  vs  Chickenpie2
smely socks
 vs  Lkjc
Golden009  vs  PA
Mishlef
 vs  ToastedBunzzz02
Close  vs  ggopw hl af
Satanic Beast  vs  Mubs

Im sorry but what? First of all i didnt miss the time. Im sitting here since 45 minutes waiting for you. Second we didnt have an agreed time before this and 3rd your hours during the week just arent workable for me i even woke up super early today to accomodate the time difference but you prefer to pull this bs. Im actually pretty angry right now.

Attachments

rge.png

CES.png

cwd.png

g5.png

vcc.png

You did this activity thing last round, I've been online multiple times, at times you said also even with the one above. as you can see i was on not only today during the time you said youd be on, as well as saying up late at nights seeing if i was able to catch you since you also are on early. ive been on a range of times. even when i was at work. and i was on at the time you claimed i wasnt. you showed up late to your own time. i dont get why we are having this drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt show up late. You expect me to be online during my entire possible times instead of contacting me when you are around. I did not pull anything last round my opponent went mia for 5 days and i still got an extension instead of claiming act right away. Why are you doing this?

Edit: i see this guy complaining 5 min after i go off so i jump online again and message him on showdown. the message goesthrough and he just dips again

Edit2: i have to leave for today. last screenshot of him ignoring me

Attachments

Last edited:
It was 90 minutes after our scheduled time I had to meet people who are helping me because I'm literally trying to not be homeless and I also didn't want to starve, and yes I do expect you to be on at the times you say you will be on at. Even the times you make you should be on at those times

As for the screenshots you claim I'm ignoring you I wasn't there as I stated it was 90 minutes after our scheduled time you missed you. And I left to take care or personal stuff.

You've missed multiple times through the week. I stayed up late, showed up early, showed up at the scheduled times, and even tried to play you when I was at work. I've talked to the host mubs all week, showing them screenshots and communicating with them that you've missed the times.

No one wants to see this drama, no one really cares. Its just frustrating when you miss scheduled times and then act like this when I can't play you when you show up late. I have no hate or anything towards you, I just wish you would not try to pull stuff like this when you can't show up to anything on time or even at all for a week.

Mubs sorry you have to wake up to this, and deal with it.
ive done more than my fair share of time (even going out of my way) after they miss times all together or show up way late.

Final post.

We never scheduled a time before i offered the 6am date. Joker told me that the only way to play was to play an hour before the deadline unless we get an extension. Me saying that i can play from 5-11pm during the week does not mean that i will be online for 6 hours straight but is meant as a time i am willing to schedule in. I did show up in time as my screenshots prove. Joker wasnt there and accused me of no showing even though i posted the screenshots.The conversations are public so i do not understand why certain people who are not mods take sides here.

I dislike the sudden seeking of the act win while i am trying to make the match happen. I dislike the community backing up someone simply because one side is already established. I dislike that this had to take place publicly instead of between joker myself and the mods.

At no point was i approached with a time deadline or anything like that. I tried the same time today after telling my opponent on my profile and he either skipped or didnt read it in time.

In conclusion i do understand if you just coinflip it because a match clearly isnt happening anymore. I would have probably been bodied in an actual game.

Attachments

Sorry for taking so long, smogon crashed for me all of yesterday.

RE: Joker 1v1 vs Wutpulver

Joker and Wutpulver were unable to play during round 3, and requested an extension. After Joker VM'd on his wall, Wutpulver mentioned that they were available for the next few hours, to which Joker replied he was at work. Wutpulver then offered the time of 6 AM GMT+2. Joker then proceeded to call activity, despite never confirming the time Wutpulver attempted to schedule. I want to be extremely clear; you must confirm a time for it to be considered a scheduled time. With this in mind, Joker made no attempt to schedule a concrete time, and Wutpulver gets the activity win.

Sorry for taking so long, smogon crashed for me all of yesterday.

RE: Joker 1v1 vs Wutpulver

Joker and Wutpulver were unable to play during round 3, and requested an extension. After Joker VM'd on his wall, Wutpulver mentioned that they were available for the next few hours, to which Joker replied he was at work. Wutpulver then offered the time of 6 AM GMT+2. Joker then proceeded to call activity, despite never confirming the time Wutpulver attempted to schedule. I want to be extremely clear; you must confirm a time for it to be considered a scheduled time. With this in mind, Joker made no attempt to schedule a concrete time, and Wutpulver gets the activity win.
Yet we both show up at the time anyways. I offered Sunday, he didn't reply. As you can see on my way I did attempt to schedule a concrete time. But boat told ya to make a decision rather than coin flip. I did go out of my way to play him, showed up at the times. And we did end up playing... I won but doubt any of that matters does it... he asked me to hide replays https://imgur.com/cYp8Drp more or less backed me having the win, no bad blood either way

Last edited:
Wutpulver has decided to take the activity win stating our match we had to not be the real deal. Do I believe this to be unfair, yes. Because I made more than an effort to try and play. I don't get a coin flip at all when we both tried. Simbo sorry we don't get to play because of this dilemma. I'll try my best to make it to playoffs and face you there. Mubs thanks for the tour it was fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)