Take care of yourself.
Shell Smash is one of the most explosive moves in Gen 7 BH, and it sees wide use on heavily offensive teams. Already threatening Pokemon such as Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Gengar, and Red Orb Groudon are catapulted to new heights by the move and can bypass nearly all defensive counterplay. Good Shell Smash users (not Stored Power/Power Trip reliant) can simply demolish Prankster Haze users; for example, Red Orb Groudon beats every Prankster user besides Giratina and Mega Slowbro. Considering how difficult Red Orb Groudon is to KO with only one turn to work with, this can make it almost unreasonable to deal with in a poor matchup.
https://pastebin.com/0t1fnLKb - This pastebin provides some pro- and anti-ban arguments as well as important links.
Suspect details: During a Suspect, each player must climb the ladder until they've acquired the GXE necessary to participate in the voting. Primarily, everyone that participates needs to make an alt account following these guidelines:
- Every game must be played on the official Pokemon Showdown site and on a new account (creation date no earlier than today, September 21, 2021) with "SMASH [Nick]"--for example, I could create one called "SMASH city" to ladder with.
- To qualify for voting, your alt must play a minimum of 30 games, and you must have a minimum GXE of 80.
- Shell Smash will be allowed on the ladder during the suspect.
- The suspect test will end on October 5th, 2021, 11:59 PM GMT -7.
- When posting proof of meeting reqs, feel free to use this thread as a means to civilly elucidate any topical opinions regarding whether or not Shell Smash should be banned.
- It is mandatory to provide proof of ownership of the alt account as well. (Post a picture of your reqs with your smogon name featured).
Tagging Kris to set up the suspect alert and any other implementation that might need to happen.