Banner by Mateeus
Approved by Forum Mods
Hello everyone! With the advent of SM Monotype being one of the RoA ladder spotlights, we'll be holding a mini ladder tour to best take advantage of this rare occurrence! Generation 7 was, for many, the most balanced generation to play and Monotype has a big community of players who know it very well. We always encourage people to learn this generation as we're constantly looking for players to expand in it. Therefore, this is a great opportunity!
If you're a novice to the tier and want to participate in the tournament, check out the SM Monotype resources below:
1. The first is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which will last for 4 weeks. The 4 participants with the highest ELO at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest rated person will be admitted into the playoffs.
Tiebreak Ruling: If two players were to have the same ELO for 4th and 5th place, the player that progresses will be the user with the highest GXE for example:
#4: USM4 torkool - 1356 - 79%
#5: USM4 staravia - 1356 - 80%
Tiebreak rules will declare USM4 staravia as the 4th place user of the cycle.
2. At the end of the laddering stage (stage one), the playoffs will start with the 16 top ladder players of the month. Pairings will be mirrored. The playoff phase of the tournament will be Single Elimination.
Before you start laddering, you MUST create a fresh alt and post the name with the tag for that cycle (don't forget to register the alt!).
Cycle 4 Tag: USM4
Example nick: USM4 staravia
- This will allow us to track who is actually entered into the tournament, and more importantly, that everyone starts on fresh alts.
- Please feel free to talk about anything SM Monotype in this thread!
- You can sign up at any point during any cycle, but you must use new alts with the correct tag for each cycle.
Cycle 4 starts now and ends on Monday March 30th at 12 AM EST.
Before participating in the tournament, take a moment to read the tournament rules: