Project SM OU Lure That Threat v2 Round 45 - Heart Swap Magearna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all fucking People it had to be mellow to take over the thread.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Overheat/Trick
- Hidden power grass

I don't really think I need to go into much detail here, you can either trick or use HP grass on the gastro which comes in thinking you are just some shitty scarf blace (which I see happens quite a fair bit).

You can also use the Sub CM set cause +1 252 SpA Blacephalon Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 357-421 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

But this is a much less reliable lure but it does work after a bit of chip through rocks or spikes.

Also 252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Hidden Power Grass vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 360-424 (84.7 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery just for the record.

tbh i'm only using blace because mellow has a weird blace fetish and will give me a higher chance of fighting him in a game of chess

Last edited:
Of all fucking People it had to be mellow to take over the thread.
Reserving HP grass specs blace
Mellow is GOAT
Specs Keldeo
DA0BCD7C-2F69-41FF-BD2B-2766E1971548.gif

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Poison]
Gastrodon usually is a good switchin to Keldeo, but Secret Sword 2HKOs it. Pretty simple here.

Last edited:
Good luck, Mellow :mad:
Taking Toxic Zapdos

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Toxic

Both Zapdos spread are useful here, I just put the defensive one, but in fast Zapdos spread, you can give up HP Ice, and use Toxic, as most HP Ice's targets hate being Toxiced (Landorus-T, Zygarde and hit M-Latis on the switch).
Returning to the topic, Gastrodon doesn't give a shit about Zapdos, as it takes NO damage from any of its common moves (HP Ice does 10.1% to 12% rofl) and just sit there clicking Toxic or Scald, crippling a incoming switch-in. However, with this tech, you can hit Gastrodon with Toxic on the switch, cutting hard its longevity , as it won't be able to switch into threats it supposed to check/counter at some point of the match, allowing you break the defensive core of opposing team. This set needs to be paired with another form of entry hazard removal, in balanced teams M-Scizor, Mew, Scarf Lando or even Gliscor are good options.

Last edited:

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Earthquake
- Roost

(Note: Best paired with Magnezone for effective results). Energy Ball Mega Latios seems like an odd option but with the influx of Gastrodon + Heatran + Clefable cores, being able to effectively dismantle them with Latios is extremely beneficial. Energy Ball cleanly OHKOs, but beating Gastrodon is not its only utility. It 2HKOs Tapu Fini (though you need sr vs some of the variants that invest in special defense). It also nicely shreds Mega Swampert, as you can comfortably tank an Ice Punch at relatively full health and fire back, giving a nice advantage vs Rain. The lack of HP Fire / Ice Beam can be pressing, so this is best paired with something like Magnezone.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

I've been using this for a while and it's really fun. For teams that rely on Gastrodon or Toxapex or Mega Latios as their water resist, Primarina can get past all of them with Toxapex getting 2HKO'd by Psychic (it'll be forced out the next turn and you'll probably have to double as well), and Gastrodon getting 1HKO'd by Energy Ball. Once you drop Gastrodon, you're free to spam Hydro Pump, which does a ton to everything if it hits. Torrent also gives a nice boost that can let you 1HKO Celesteela with Hydro Pump. Main situation will be that you get Primarina in on Clefable or Heatran and then as your opponent goes into Gastrodon, expecting the Hydro Pump, they die to Energy Ball instead.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 520-612 (122.3 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edit: I have a good replay that I'm fine with sharing if requested

Reserving nature power camerupt

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor / Solid Rock
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Filler

Usually Gastrodon has no problems with walling Camerupt apart from scared by toxic. Nature Power, however, is a move that works well on Camerupt, as it provides valuable Sheer Force boosted coverage to blow past common answers. With Bulu support, Nature Power becomes Energy Ball, which easily OHKOs Gastrodon. If Gastrodon is minus speed, you outspeed and KO, if not, you have to hit it on the switch. Nature Power is also customizable with the Tapu of choice to beat switchins like Mantine and Latis with Koko and Fini, respectively.

Last edited:

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 192 HP / 68 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off / Superpower / Heat Wave (basically any filler)
- Toxic
- Defog

Toxic Tornadus-T is very useful to lure fat stuffs such as Gastrodon, M-Latias, Zygarde and Zapdos for example on an expected U-Turn. It works especially well against Gastrodon which is often gonna switch-in on Tornadus' Hurricane. The other moves are really up to the team's needs: you can run U-Turn over Defog if you feel you don't really need a hazard remover (but I wouldn't recommend that) or run U-Turn over Knock Off (although this limits Tornadus' ability to cripple mons).

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-372541

This OST replay between Malekith and imsosorrylol is a great example of how this set works. Although it doesn't show how Toradus-T can lure Gastrodon, it at least show how useful it can be to cripple bulkier mons in general (M-Latias in the replay), and the same thing applies to Gastrodon.

Last edited:
Thundurus-T with Grass Knot
Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Agility (or another filler such as U-turn, Thunder Wave, Sludge Bomb/Wave and so on)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Grass Knot

Here we have a one AoA set with Grass Knot instead of Knock Off (you have 4MMS when you run Thundurus-T).
On the other hand, Grass Knot allows us to get past Gastrodon and Quagsirewith little effort to the point the opponent is heavily pressured to keep it at high HP. Grass Knot is useful towards many other targets i.e. Hippowdon, Mamoswine, and Quagsire.

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 302-359 (71 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 419-494 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus-Therian Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mamoswine: 554-653 (153.4 - 180.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (although you may die with a LO recoil)

Focus Blast allows us to get past Ferrothorn and Chansey, but accuracy is a thing and the Z-Crystal may be used sparingly (both these monsters have Protect on their side).

Last edited:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 366-431 (86.1 - 101.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 116-137 (27.2 - 32.2%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (to finish it if it doesnt recover up)
+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 232-273 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (if it does recover up)
My thoughts:
(1) Z-Focus Blast is strong, but you used your Z move after a mandatory Nasty Plot (otherwise you don't beat Gastrodon). In this 1 vs 1 situation it works, it's ok, but otherwise you are stuck with an unreliable Focus Blast.
(2) HP Ice at +2 is a 4HKO towards a pokemon with Recover, so it isn't really impressive;
(3) A +2 Focus Blast still is unreliable due to poor accuracy.

Nasty Plot Thundurus-T is strong because it can overwhelm anything with enough Nasty Plot under its belt, but I think that an AoA attacker set is more reliable because it doesn't need so much luck to work properly.

Luckyboy123

Ironically Named
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Giga Drain/Energy Ball
- Focus Blast/Trick/Thunderbolt

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 404-476 (95 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 480-568 (112.9 - 133.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This is the standard specs Gengar set with luring Gastrodon in mind. Shadow ball and sludge wave are great stabs that take out mons such as Clefable, Tangrowth, Medicham, Etc.

Giga drain or energy ball deal with gastrodon quite handily usually one shotting it. Though, should you opt for giga drain take note that without stealth rocks or spikes up there is a small, but signifigant 31.2% chance that it may live. Energy ball notably 2HKOs Tyranitar on the switch with giga drain fallling just short of that mark with a 41% chance to 2HKO without rocks or spikes up.

Focus blast is one of the main choices for the 4th moveslot as it OHKOs threats such as Bisharp and Tyranitar and 2HKOs Ferrothorn. You can opt for trick in the 4th moveslot to cripple mons such as Chansey, and Amoongus and it also provides another out against Gastrodon. Thunderbolt can deal with mons such as Celesteela, Mantine, Toxapex and assualt-vest Tornadus-T.

This set enjoys stealth rock support from mons such as Landorus-T and Ferrothorn. In addition spike support from mons such as Greninja and Ferrothorn is also appreciated. This opens the set up to more OHKOs and 2HKOs. Pivoting this set in from moves such as volt switch and u-turn is also appreciated from mons such as Tapu Koko and the Genies.

Last edited:

Nihilego @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire / Ice]
- Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock / Power Gem

252 SpA Nihilego Bloom Doom (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 564-664 (132.7 - 156.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Basically you bluff a scarf set by not switching moves. After gastrodon switches in, you bop it with a Bloom Doom. (or if ur good at predicting then catch it on the switch)

Grass knot can also hit other ground types, but do note that most of OU's ground types (lando, zyg, exca, etc.) are neutral to grass. in the HP slot, it might be better to still run HP ice, but HP fire chips down steels and 2hkoes ferrothorn on the switch.

Last edited:

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Icium Z Kyurem-B

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Substitute

Under normal conditions, Gastrodon is able to wall every single move Kyurem-B uses normally, but Z-Freeze Shock can decimate it easily

252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 541-637 (127.2 - 149.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Just keep in mind you'll mostly reveal you're using a Z-Crystal after you fire a move and Kyurem-B doesn't receive Life Orb's recoil damage. To make this lure more effective, pair Kyurem-B with Tapu Koko, to create doubts about if Kyurem-B is using Icium or Electrium Z

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
WetBelovedGemsbuck-max-1mb.gif

Girachii (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Energy Ball

Rocks for chippin away opposing mons, Iron Head as it's Mainstab and U-Turn for Momentum. Last Slot is Energy Ball.

0- SpA Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 192-228 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- SpA Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 192-228 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Alright, it's been around 4-5 days and I've gotten more than enough submissions. Also, feedback from you guys has told me that you want me to rate the lures for whatever reason so here we go.

Good

Grassium Z Heatran - Yeah this is solid, most balances rely on Gastrodon to not lose to Heatran so straight up taking it out like that is super nice. It doesn't just hit Gastrodon too, it hits a plethora of other problematic mons for Heatran - Fini, Mega Gyarados, Pelipper, Keldeo, Zygarde, Gliscor, Mega Swampert and Tyranitar.
E Ball AV Magearna - I've used this one myself, again its solid. Doesn't OHKO obviously but you only really need Gastro down to like 30% since it can be hard pressed to find instances to recover vs teams with this mon on it.
Toxic Zapdos - Gastro HATES toxic and usually is a free switch into Zapdos - good shit.
E Ball Mega Latios - Latios doesn't always need it's Draco / Ice Beam etc slot so Energy Ball can work to break through Balance easier and lure Swampert like you said.

Decent

Specs Keldeo - While this one does lure Gastro to an extent, Gastro is only really a switchin to Scarf Keldeo, since Waterium beats it too as it runs Taunt. However, Scarf Keldeo is the most common set, which is why this is still a decent lure.
Specs HP Grass Blacephalon - You get brownie points for posting this mon. It's not in Good bc Gastro hates whatever Specs runs in last slot anyway - it hates being tricked. Also HP Grass is on the analysis so it's sorta known that Specs Blace can run HP Grass. Still functions as a lure though.
Grass Knot Protean Greninja - It fucks up Gastro yeah, problem is dropping a slot for Grass Knot tends to suck for most mons, Greninja included.
Victini - Dropping Focus Blast on Z Celebrate is pretty bad since Heatran walls you. Again, running Energy Ball / Grass Knot on most mons tends to suck. Also Banded V-Create 2hkos anyway, however this can still work if your team is super duper Gastrodon weak, but I'd only really recommend a Grass move on mixed (not sure how good of a set it even is) or Banded maybe (Grass Knot catches Hippowdown and Quagsire too). Please only submit one set next time btw.
E Ball Primarina - Energy Ball fucks up Gastrodon but I'm not sure how good Primarina actually is in the tier, I'd have to try it out to know. Also Energy Ball doesn't do much outside of hit Gastrodon.
Nature Power Mega Camerupt - Yeah this lures Gastrodon but I feel like it's a bit too predictable since you're forced to pair this with Bulu, and most Camerupts I've seen are paired with Bulu and run Nature Power so yeah.
Toxic Tornadus-T - While Gastrodon does hate being Toxiced, it's sorta already really annoyed by one of Taunt or Knock Off, but this still functions.

Bad

Grass Coverage Gengar - I don't really like Specs Gengar rn, I think Ghostium Z w Hex and Will-O is the only good Gengar set currently, Grass coverage only hits Gastrodon aaand Gastro already hates being Tricked. I think I'd rather just beat it 1v1 with Ghostium or Trick it with a Choice set.
Icium Z Kyurem Black - This would've been a bit better a while ago when LOKB was the go-to set but Icium Z is really well known and possibly its better set rn - currently, if I see Kyurem Black and I'm running Gastro, I'll try find out if they're LO, and if they are then I'll go Gastro, rather than go hard Gastrodon.
Grassium Z Nihilego - Nihilego isn't very good rn and this set seems like a waste - you could probably just run naked Grass Knot, but even then it doesn't do anything except hit Gastrodon so I don't think this is worth using.
Energy Ball Jirachi - Much of the same again - Doesn't hit anything except Gastrodon, it doesn't even 2HKO most of time unless you drop SpDef (only 20%), and you can't really take into account Rocks since Rachi is your rocker lol.
Grass Knot Thundurus-T - +2 Fightinium already does a shitload to Gastrodon and you can kinda just NP up to +4 and guaranteed OHKO with it. Again, Grass Knot only hits Gastrodon for Thundurus and it doesn't really have the moveslot to spare.

jesus this took longer than i expected lol

Alright, time for the next mon to lure! Deadline will be Wednesday 30th.

Round 16: Defensive Celesteela

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

This mon, while less common and potent than it once was, is still really annoying for certain to teams deal with. It's one of the best stops to the AV Bulu + Scarf Kartana combo, Tapu Lele, Landorus, Mega Latios etc, and also never dies pretty much thanks to an amazing typing, solid bulk and the combination of Leftovers + Leech Seed + Protect. How do you lure this threat?
Edit: I just want to thank you all for the sheer quantity and quality of the submissions, keep it up :]

Last edited:
1527277936378.png

Clefable @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

+1 0 SpA Clefable Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156 SpD Celesteela: 326-384 (82.1 - 96.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Can also run Modest if you don't wanna have to chip it, but really this murders steela and gives you a +1 Clef to work with. Similarly, it's a solid way of luring Pex:
+1 0 SpA Clefable Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 214-254 (70.6 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Clefable Thunder vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 86-102 (28.3 - 33.6%) -- 94.9% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery

214+86 = 320 min, Toxapex has 303 HP, making it practically guaranteed to 2HKO after rocks despite haze. (Sludge restores 18 HP)

Alternatively, this meme set can work too if you wanna play around with crits:
Clefable @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled

Last edited:
No point for luring when you can use magnezone :]]]
This man gets it.

Reserving G-force Landorus
1527720388387.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gravity / Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Stealth Rocks / U-turn

While Offensive Landorus is a pretty uncommon sight in this meta, it still is a very effective way of luring out a Celesteela, and K.Oing it thanks to Gravity removing the flying type of steela. Then you can Swords Dance and Earthquake it. Swords Dance plus Flyinium also allows you to pressure common teammates such as Clefable and Mega Venusaur as well, which is always a plus

+2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 626-738 (157.6 - 185.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Latios @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor/Psyshock
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Don't really think I need to say much here, Latios manages to break celepex much easier now and can stay alive to check it and become a serious threat with Roost+ CM. It also manages to beat shit like Tapu Fini and Mega Scizor who usually check it, it also finally manages to beat AV mag due to roost in a 1v1 which is helpful, It also manages to lure and beat Heatran since a +1 Gigavolt hurts a fuck ton and heatran can't really do shit in return.

Tapunium Z Lele
9DFB59A0-26F4-4B97-9A69-EECA079F882B.gif

Tapu Lele @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This set is actually pretty underrated. For those of you who don’t know, Guardian of Alola takes out 75% of the targets help. This lets Tapu Lele defeat pretty much anything that tries to switch into Tapu Lele, such as Heatran, Chansey, AV Bulu, and obviously Celesteela. Pair this with a mon who appreciates Pokémon like Celesteela and AV Bulu being gone like Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados.

Last edited:

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Firium Z Garchomp

Garchomp @ Firium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock/Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is a fearsome wallbreaker, but tends to have a lot of very viable switch ins. Prime examples are mega scizor, celesteela, and tapu bulu. This set beats each and every one of them with firium Z. The first slot depends on what the team values most, high average damage output or rocks set.

+2 252 Atk Garchomp Inferno Overdrive (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 420-496 (105.7 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

SD Fightinium Z Tapu Bulu

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer / Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Substitute

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 364-429 (91.6 - 108%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Tapu Bulu All-Out Pummeling (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 384-452 (96.7 - 113.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
removed because Focus Punch on its own is a subpar option, even with sub

Items
| Assault Vest 50.766% |
| Choice Band 14.118% |
| Leftovers 6.927% |
| Choice Scarf 6.838% |
| Grassium Z 6.695% |
| Fightinium Z 6.356% |
| Rockium Z 3.800% |
| Other 4.502%

6% is pretty low I'd say, the Celesteela user probably won't expect it

Turn 1: Safely bring in Bulu.
Turn 2: SD as the opponent switches out to Celesteela
Turn 3: Use Sub. If Celesteela protects in the predicted Z-move, they just got played. If they attack,
Turn 4: Use the Z-move, guaranteed ohko after sr. They're unlikely to switch out on this turn.

Edit: replaced Focus Punch with Superpower thanks Nalaroa

Last edited:

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Not exactly a lure as this is a well-known set but according to April 1825 stats only 3.133% are Rockium-Z so its pretty rare and hopefully unexpected. +2 Continental Crush can OHKO Celesteela and has a higher chance if rocks are up, you could also follow with a Stone Edge. Continental Crush also hits Skarmory for heavy damage so it is not useless outside of Celesteela. Also provides valuable coverage that can smash other Lando-Ts.
+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 341-402 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
Or
+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 341-402 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Into
+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 190-224 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 32% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Edit: Wait what no one took Electrium Z Lele

LO Heat Wave Tornadus-T

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off/Taunt
- U-turn/Taunt
- Heat Wave

General idea

Here we have a Life Orbed AoA set designed to underline the utility of Regenerator in this offensive set because it gives you extra attacks when you switch out.
This pokemon doesn't have enough power to OHKO something from full HP unless already weakened, but it is still a threat to be dealt with.
Celesteela is almost insurmountable, but with a combination of Knock Off and Heat Wave now you can do it.
The major problem is the combination Protect + Leech Seed, but Taunt and/or Knock Off + Heat Wave allow you to win with relative ease.

Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-Therian Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 156 SpD Celesteela: 205-242 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-Therian Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 156 SpD Celesteela: 205-242 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-Therian Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 322-385 (91.4 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-Therian Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 473-562 (137.9 - 163.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Felixx

I'm back.
Or you could use Alolan Golem. This isn't a lure, but an interesting trapper I'd like to mention:

Golem-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Curse
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish

(based on a set in the PU effective, creative, and underrated sets thread, with EVs adjusted)

0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (80 BP) vs. 140 HP / 4 Def Golem-Alola: 69-82 (20.5 - 24.4%)
0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 140 HP / 44 SpD Golem-Alola: 45-54 (13.3 - 16%)

Switch in Golem on any non-leech seed attack from celesteela. 68 Spe EVs allow golem to outspeed and sub to avoid the leech seed. 140 HP EVs gives 84 HP subs and extra leftovers recovery; 4 Def EVs reduces the maximum possible damage of heavy slam to 82. Now set up Curse and Rock Polish 6x each, subbing as needed (should take around 5 subs). 17 turns later, you have an Alolan Golem with +6 in Atk, Def, and Spe. Now sweep.

+6 252+ Atk Golem-Alola Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 408-480 (102.7 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Golem-Alola Rock Slide vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 672-792 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Golem-Alola Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 271-319 (89.4 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Golem-Alola Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 288-340 (86.4 - 102.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Can even destroy most offensive resists:
+6 252+ Atk Golem-Alola Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 201-237 (77.3 - 91.1%)
+6 252+ Atk Golem-Alola Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 225-265 (74.7 - 88%)
+6 252+ Atk Golem-Alola Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 216-254 (60.3 - 70.9%)

While physical attackers can barely touch it in return (watch out for special priority like water shuriken ashninja tho)
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. +6 140 HP / 4 Def Golem-Alola: 168-196 (50 - 58.3%)
252 Atk Golem-Alola Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 224-266 (56.4 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I mean just using the standard Scarf set w/ Wild Charge works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)