Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power Up Punch
- Encore
Clefable usually hard counters Lopunny, but Encore is a really cool tech that can surprise Clefable and a ton of other defensive mons like Toxapex. Here is how to use it.
Send out Lopunny on something it can force out, then attack the incoming switchin. Attack it again as it uses its recovery move. Then, use Encore to lock them into it. Then spam Power Up Punch, or just take advantage of a free switch.
I Encore a lot on Lopunny since it allows it to kill most of its checks and to be a decently effective stallbreaker.

Last edited:

Zygarde @ Steelium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

The more I build with this thing the more it starts to feel like the king of all lure users. I suppose Thousand Arrows gives it so little in the way of 4-moveslot-syndrome that it can run whatever the hell it wants to lure in and beat just about any of its checks/counters and not feel like its missing out on something more important. I've seen and in some cases used everything from Weakness Policy to HP Ice to AV to Yache berry, among other things, so Z-Iron tail seems like a solid addition to that list.

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 204-242 (56.9 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Zygarde Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 316-372 (80.2 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Zygarde Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 472-556 (119.7 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Zygarde Corkscrew Crash (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 316-372 (80.2 - 94.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
reserving critting / flinching with medicham
Reserving
Metronome Mamoswine

Mamoswine @

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Clefable can usually just about stomach 2 Jolly Life Orb Earthquakes from Mamoswine and Soft-Boiled spam until it kills itself from recoil. With Metronome, Mamo's immediate damage output is lower, so Clefable will just stay in and get rocks up / heal bell / whatever, it'll see the damage go up by a couple of percent from the first Earthquake and assume it's just a high roll, before you know it Earthquake is doing 60% and Clef is forced out and something has to take an incredibly powerful Earthquake. As a nice bonus, Mamo narrowly avoids the 2HKO from Moonblast, so spamming Earthquake is even more free.

252 Atk Metronome Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 190-226 (48.2 - 57.3%) -- not a KO (third time of using it)
252 Atk Metronome Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 190-226 (48.2 - 57.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
Reserving Z-move anything tbh
Reserving Choice band Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Bulldoze

While at first Ferrothorn may not seem like the best Clefable lure you kinda have to realise that due to leech seed not existing in the matchup Ferrothorn can't do much but slowly be whittled away until it dies or set up on with a CM set, the most it can do is lay spikes which can easily be defoged away by zapdos or something like that, however the CB ferro set solves this, CB ferro is a fantastic wallbreaker due to the CB+max attack+ High base power stabs, Many Resisted hits from a CB Gyro are 2hkos (Greninja in particular) and it does around 50% to zapdos, it can manage to mess over rain and several mons, it also acts as a heatran/magnezone lure.

Now I suppose I should show calcs to prove i'm not talking out of my ass.
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (97 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 366-432 (92.8 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery (damage does not change when Parad)
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 222-261 (77.8 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Zapdos: 182-215 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 360-426 (85.7 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 369-435 (131.3 - 154.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 273-322 (76.2 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(In the rare event of flamethrower clef 0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Ferrothorn: 220-260 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HK )

Due to the Strong spamability of Gyro ball I believe that I can call CB Ferrothorn a workable lure towards many ou threats who underestimate it's power as it can heavily dent or outright kill most walls and switchins.

Last edited:
Reserving Poisonium Garchomp
It was pointed out to me by Flame from Heaven that Garchomp's regular set already defeats Clefable thanks to Swords Dance
Might as well reserve Z-Wild Charge Tapu Koko

Last edited:
1522970096617.png

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish / Draco Meteor / Ice Beam
- Defog

Clefable usually tries to get in for free vs Latias, really only fearing a specs psychic. Just trick it a scarf and they'll usually rage quit. Also works really well against other Latias checks like celesteela, chansey, magearna, tran, ferro, etc. Healing wish is disgusting support for stuff like volc/zyg/mega Ttar. Your attacking move is pretty much w/e you want, but I like psychic just for neutral pressure on most things and forcing pex out. Once they know you're scarf+psychic it makes reads really easy too. Draco kills kart after rocks, while ice beam is for lando/zygarde. Even if they have a ttar, just go for trick and then healing wish and you get free setup with whatever comes in.

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 156-186 (51.6 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This is the MG clef you should be using
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
let's not post specially defensive weavile or go too far out of the normal realm of viability with lure sets. also, avoiding the nitpicking/tangents that come alongside them would be fantastic. consider this a last informal warning before official ones, by the way!

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Wanted something that wasn't a steel move and this worked. It's somewhat easy to have people think you're choice locked after clicking Spikes, or setting up the scenario where you click Dark Pulse and Clefable or whatever comes in to tank a hit and then assume they'll tank the next one when in reality they're in range of Z Hydro Pump. You could hit Clefable with Hydro Pump on the switch if they're at full health and then Z move, or Dark Pulse a weakened one and then Z move if Clefable ends up in range. Final option is doing the impossible of getting a 1HKO with a crit from the Z move :p

Downside/risks involve them assuming you have a Z move after seeing damage output and/or Knock Off not knocking your item off, but they still have to guess it's Z Hydro Pump and not Z Dark Pulse. It's a Z move, so once used up, it won't work again. You lose the damage output from not running Choice Specs, but you're not choice locked and have the potential to bluff it. This also only works if the Clefable isn't at 100%, so unless you're 10000% confident they'll click Stealth Rock or double into something that doesn't tank a water move, then don't go for it.
252 SpA Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 60-72 (15.2 - 18.2%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Greninja Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 280-330 (71 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Greninja Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable on a critical hit: 420-495 (106.5 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have just obtained true enlightenment: almost (keyword) every Pokemon in this tier that's worth luring is weak to one or more of Fire, Ice, or Electric.
=========================================================
Anyway, welcome back class. Here are your grades!

The following posts passed the test:
  • Encore Lopunny: Good set
  • Metronome Mamoswine: Good set; adamant LO would've also been a good sub which is also nice for its ability to one-shot Torn-T with Ice Shard after SR
  • Waterium Z Ash Greninja: it's not hard to trick a player into letting you bone their Clefable when you only ever click Spikes
The following posts failed the test:
  • Steelium Z Zygarde: This does lure Clefable, but it's probably more efficient to run Dragonium and to boost to +2 instead to net the KO with Iron Tail (or even to just put the opponent into a position wherein Clefable is in range of +1 Iron Tail), mostly because it lets Zygarde do more than just lure Clefable.
  • TrickScarf Latias: I would've put this in the "passed" category if it weren't for the really ass move slashing; it should be Draco+Psychic/Psyshock+Trick+Healing Wish in basically every instance that you run TrickScarf Latias, as without HW you might as well just run Scarf Latios instead and without dual STABs you can't actually deal with certain important targets like Tapu Koko and Greninja.
The following posts have resulted in expulsion from Martin's-A-(BAN ME PLEASE) Academy:
  • Choice Band Ferrothorn: lol
  • Expert Belt Buzzwole: don't run Buzzwole k thanks bye
=========================================================
Anyway, onto the next round!

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt

This time we're luring CM Mega Latias. This Pokemon's extremely annoying to deal with so yeah let's take a look at how you can catch it off-guard to win an otherwise losing matchup!

Tapu Bulu @ Choice band / Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 def / 252 Spe OR 248 HP / 80 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant / Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower / Megahorn
- Megahorn / Nature's Madness

One would typically expect Bulu to be thoroughly walled by Lati, who can calm mind and heal as many times as it pleases, then OHKO with +6 stored power, but Megahorn flips that expectation on its head. Now it is Lati that is OHKO'd by banded Bulu, though AV bulu can run it just as easily, dealing slightly more damage than Lati can heal off, provided you don't miss.

I would not recommend dropping Superpower without Magnezone support, as Ferrothorn and various other steel types wall you otherwise.

The banded EVs are a straightforward max/max, while the AV EVs are quite frankly what should be on Bulu's analysis. The mon that's crept by 144 speed bulu is max speed adamant Tyranitar but nobody runs that since ttar needs 80 hp EVs to tank hits from Volcarona, so instead I run 68 speed to creep ttar's current analysis spread. 36 of the leftover EVs are moved to defense with an impish nature to tank two specs Lele Psyshocks in grassy terrain, and the rest are dumped into attack and spdef.

80 Atk Tapu Bulu Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega: 198-234 (54.5 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 8 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 76 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 325-384 (94.7 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega: 138-162 (38 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Latias-Mega: 368-434 (101.3 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 8 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 303-357 (107.8 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Magearna @ Normalium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell

Despite type advantage, Mega Latias comfortably sets up on all popular Magearna sets aside from maybe CM Fairium. This set catches Mega Latias off guard by bluffing the AV (which is why I wouldn't recommend lefties here); let them get up a few Calm Minds against you while you click Flash Cannon pretending your only way to beat this is through drops / crits, then bam, Heart Swap and steal all their delicious boosts and Magearna becomes a huge threat. It's even a sustainable check too, having the Z Heal Bell to fully heal it if it gets worn down too much over the course of the game.
+4 0 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (180 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 254-299 (70.3 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 0 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 165-194 (45.7 - 53.7%) -- 41% chance to 2HKO

+3 16 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 193-228 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+4 16 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 231-273 (63.4 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+5 16 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 270-318 (74.1 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1524164612574.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Heat Wave
- Roost

generally mega latias completely walls zapdos and is only annoyed by discharge paras but toxic lets you prevent cm lati from staying in for long. toxic is also nice for stuff like zygarde and gastrodon which don't care much about hp ice.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

CM Latias is basically fucked by anything that can toxic it. Toxic is a nice move to run on Heatran because apart from stopping Latias it also traps and removes Chansey more reliably. Heatran can even taunt Latias to prevent it from setting up CM. Thunderbolt does 0 btw:
0 SpA Latias-Mega Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 83-98 (21.5 - 25.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn / Hidden Power Ice
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock / Protect / Hidden Power Ice
Standard lando usually is setup fodder for cm mega tias but with toxic it can put a timer to it, toxictect should handle it better ig but u need to already have a rocker, toxic lando also is a nice check to hawlucha when u can't put zapdos/clefable

Toxic Gliscor
81E3E1C2-2E1C-4052-B908-AE8F04643C1C.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
Pretty self explanatory. Normally Gliscor is complete set up bait for Latias, and this is where Toxic comes in to cripple it as it tries to set up. Toxic has a good amount of uses outside of this since it helps when dealing with shit like Lando, Tapu Bulu, and Mega Latios.

Last edited:
Thundurus-T (Darkinium Z)

Thundurus-Therian @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Agility/Focus Blast/Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus-T can pivot into Thunderbolt and can deal some damage with Hidden Power [Ice], however between Latias' Recover and Calm Mind there is little you can do even if you try to Nasty Plot, especially as you are outsped. Going for Dark Pulse over Hidden Power [Ice] however, allows you to use Black Hole Eclipse which at +1 (Nasty Plot - Calm Mind) has a very good chance to OHKO and a guarantee after Rocks. Though you lose the pseudo BoltBeam, Dark is still a very spammable type and the only notable threats that now resist your attacks are Tapu Bulu and Koko, which means you still have pretty great neutral coverage. This also boasts a higher base power than HP Ice and therefore hits Pokemon like Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Kyurem-B, Jirachi, Victini, Blacephalon, Gengar and Mamoswine harder.

+2 252 SpA Thundurus-Therian Black Hole Eclipse (160 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 354-418 (97.2 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO (guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)
+1 0 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus-Therian: 156-184 (52.1 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 184 Def / 24 SpA / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Punishment

That's a very simple lure. The more M-Latias will boost up, the more damage it will take from punishment. The set itself is classic so idt I gotta explain anything about it.

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Punishment (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 304-358 (83.5 - 98.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Punishment (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 338-398 (92.8 - 109.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

+1 0 SpA Latias Stored Power (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 186-219 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Hippowdon Crunch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias: 138-164 (37.9 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage

There's not much to explain. I have put the important calculations. I thought original Hippowdon. Careful is viable option to better fit mons specials like Mlatias. Toxic to press from the start with Crunch as contact attack to finish. Slack Off and Lefts allows me to recover / subtract Toxic turn and sand damage.

Hey guys, due to inactivity of this thread, I'll be replacing Martin as the host of the thread. You might've seen me around on the forums, I post fairly frequently on the VR and submit a lot for the projects in the OU subforum - I actually wrote an RMT recently (feel free to check it out). But yeah, I've been more inclined to contribute recently, and I thought running a thread would be fun. There's one thing I'm not sure about though - would you guys prefer me to individually give feedback on each of the submissions or would you like to vote for the winner? Feel free to let me know on my wall or in DMs. Anyway, without further ado, here's this weeks threat to be lured!

Round 15: Specially Defensive Gastrodon

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Gastrodon is everywhere right now as it is a huge boon for balanced teams - checking Heatran, Tapu Koko and Ash Greninja along with a multitude of other threats in the meta with one slot is fantastic. If you've been on ladder / watched any games in the past month, you've probably seen a Gastrodon, and you know how annoying it can be for certain teams to deal with. So - how do you lure that threat?

Last edited:

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Quite simple really, Grassium Z Solar Beam lures many Water-types, including Gastrodon, which is supposed to check Heatran.

Last edited:

Victini @ Expert Belt/Fightinium-Z/Psychium-Z
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast / Psyshock
- Glaciate
- Blue Flare

or

Victini @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Energy Ball
- Celebrate

or

Victini @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike / U-Turn
- Energy Ball / Glaciate
- Zen Headbutt / Power Up Punch

or

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike / U-Turn
- Trick
- Zen Headbutt / Power Up Punch

The bottom line here is that Victini's got a lot of options on both the special and physical side to abuse SpDef Gastrodon, who, on paper, looks like a good switch in to Victini's V-Create/Bolt Strike combo and also a good candidate for using Clear Smog to keep Z-Celebrate Victini from setting up and sweeping. Of course, Victini can also run Energy Ball on that set to break Gastrodon and Greninja, though that leaves it defenseless against Heatran. With the rest of its coverage moves, Victini can choose what else it needs to check: special sets can attempt Blue Flare burns or hit Lando/Zygarde with Glaciate, Physical sets can spam V-Create or try to use Heatran/Tyranitar as bait for Power-Up Punch boosts, or U-Turn out.

Victini's TrickScarf a great way to criplle a Zygarde or Gastrodon switch in, as Zygarde setup sets are most common these days. It can also just run Choice Band or Ebelt Power-Up Punch on the physical side to boost through common checks like Tyranitar and Heatran. At +1 Atk Victini's STAB ZH 2HKO's Gastrodon, its V-Create 2HKO's Landorus-T, Gliscor, Clefable, and Gastrodon, its Bolt Strike maims Pex, and anything else it packs carries a coverage niche that balance teams can find useful.

Some calcs below regarding various sets:

+1 252 SpA Victini Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 404-476 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Victini Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 354-416 (83.2 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Expert Belt Victini Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 326-384 (76.7 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Victini Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 272-320 (64 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Victini Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 212-252 (49.8 - 59.2%) -- 75.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Victini Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 222-262 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 249-293 (58.5 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Reserving Grass Knot Proteninja
1527017024798.png

Mellow is a GOAT(Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes / Ice Beam / Hidden Power Fire / whatever tech you want
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

This set is very much the standard proteninja, but with Grass Knot as a tech instead of Hidden Power Fire or something else. The premise of the set is simple. Do stuff that a regular Greninja does and make sure to set up Spikes to guarantee the K.O, and only reveal Grass Knot when Gastrodon comes around. Greninja is pretty notable in that this set completely demolishes standard Clefable, Heatran, Gastrodon cores.

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 359-426 (84.4 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Hubriz

The Haruspex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
reserving energy ball AV magearna

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

Gastrodon comes in pretty freely on most magearna sets and recovers the little damage it takes. Since Magearna doesn't learn Toxic for whatever reason, the main way of capitalizing on that is by running Energy Ball which safely 2HKOes Gastro. Finishing off a weakened Gastrodon which urges to recover on the expected Switch out is one possible play, hitting Gastro on the switch in as it tries to absorb Volt Switch is another one.
I'd probably cut HP Fire from the nowadays standard AV Magearna Set as you only need it for Kartana and Ferrothorn to a lesser extend, while the former can be taken care of by other means.
IVs can be customized to outrun standard clef and to other neat stuff.

8 SpA Magearna Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 268-316 (63 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)