Gen 7 SM OU : Mega-Medi and Ribombee

Hello! I am fairly new to teambuilding and I am looking for suggestions for my team. It is based around Mega Medicham so that is the only pokemon I will refuse to change, other pokemon are interchangeable as long as it benefits the team.

image.jpeg

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Stun Spore
- Light Screen
- Moonblast

Ive put Ribombee on the team because I think she works quite well with Mega-Medicham, she is almost always able to get off a stun spore and sticky web. Which helps Mega Medi deal with specs greninja and other threats that dont float. I initially ran Light Screen on it, however I found that tailwind was much more useful so I opted to run it instead of light screen.

image.jpeg

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

The pokemon I based my team around, I opted to run Thunder-Punch over Fake-Out to be able to consistently deal with pokemon such as Greninja and Pelipper. She is able to OHKO a wide plethora of pokemon, and she is currently my main win condition. I decided to run jolly to outspeed non-scarf lando, she is a great choice to lead against lando because she will OHKO even a defensive lando, and live an earthquake with around 40-50% even against a scarfed lando.

image.jpeg

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Standard physically defensive pex, functions as a check to sweepers such as Bisharp, Volcarona, Scizor, etc. With Regenerator I think it is a very very useful poke that can switch in to many things. Haze is extremely useful against calm mind, etc and with recover and scald can wall almost any physical pokemon, even those with EQ.

image.jpeg

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Standard ferrothorn with rocks and leftovers. Is the main spDef wall on my team. Mainly here to switch in to pokemon that are able to break toxapex. Also a great wall to fairy types that would otherwise destroy my team, Im mainly referring to Tapu Koko in this instance. Currently he serves as my only Tapu Koko check.

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

A second win condition, Iron head helps deal with pokemon such as clefable as well as just being a solid stab move against pokemon such as tapu fini and tapu lele. I run darkinium-Z to be able to deal with walls that dont get OHKOed by +2 knock off like Toxapex. Also has good synergy with ribombee as the defogger coming in to get rid of the web gives a free +2 to Bisharp due to defiant.

image.jpeg

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Defogger and switch in to ferrothorn trapping magnezone. I think it covers the weaknesses of Toxapex and Ferrothorn fairly well, is a very good check to Lando-T, Ferrothorn, and most other SpAtkers like Magnezone. Also my defogger, discharge is the go to spam move as it has a 30% chance of parlysis. heat wave is there for extra coverage against magnezone and ferrothorn and doing around 30% to a scarf lando-T despite being resisted.

Again, I am fairly new to teambuilding on OU, any feedback of suggestions are highly appreciated ^^ Thanks in advance

Edit : I found that my only check to tapu koko is ferrothorn, a suggestion that helps deal with him is much much appreciated! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:
Sup dude,
I would recommend running hp fire on your Ribombe as your Team lacks Coverage to kill ferrothorn.
+your Team gets 6:0'ed by sableye stall. Maybe add a stall breaker like kyurem black.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)