Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage
I decided to use Garchomp as I've never really used him, and would really like to. I gave him a choice scarf so he could basically out speed anything, however this does come with the obvious draw back of being locked in the chosen move. Garchomp can work really well with most of the other mons on the team; mainly: Jirachi and Tapu Koko. Jirachi because it is able to heal him up with Healing Wish and Tapu Koko because fairy types are immune to dragon type moves. Dragon Claw is there as a STAB move and is able to do quite a lot of damage. Stone edge is for the flying or fire types, however it might be replaced for rock slide as it has better accuracy. Eq is there as it is both STAB and does a lot of damage. Finally, outrage is there so it can dish out plenty of damage, the drawback being it will get confused, making dragon claw more of the go to move.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch
I decided to pick Jirachi as it is able to cover Garchomps very obvious 4x ice weakness. Jirachi was given a choice scarf so it can out speed a lot of mons, and when a mon that is important is about do die, I can easily get off a Healing Wish. Jirachi is suppose to function as a special wall, mainly for absorbing the ice moves. Iron Head is there for the obvious flinch and the effectiveness against ice and fairy types. U-Turn is there so I can switch out if it is in a bad spot, it can also be used in conjunction with Tapu Koko, with U-Turn to U-Turn. Healing wish is there to heal up important mons who are about to die, and fire punch is there for steel types and ferrothorns.

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
Tapu Koko is able to take all the dragon type moves- making it work really well with Garchomp. It's primary purpose is to be a special sweeper, which is the reason for the high speed and SpA. Tbolt is there as it is a powerful STAB move that can take care of the water and flying types, the latter being more threatening to the team. Defog is to get rid of any hazards as this can really throw Garchomp and Slowbro out of the game. Roost is there to gain health back and U-Turn to switch out and work with Jirachi.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
Slowbro is the mega of the team, he has high defense and high HP so he can take plenty of hits. He has the rest in SpA for that slight boost to Scald and Psyshock. Calm Mind is there so he can get his SpDef and SpA up, making him able to take down lots of mons. Slack off is to recover health, so his life expectancy is a lot longer. Scald is there as it is a fairly powerful move and it can also burn the foe, making them barely able to hurt Slowbro. Scald has proven to be very useful, being able to burn mons that are setting up. Psyshock is there as it a good move and will mean I won't be walled by the physically defensive mons.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
Ferrothorn has high Def so he can take plenty of hits, 252 in HP for the same reason. He then has the rest in SpD as it gives him a slight boost, making it slightly better at handling special moves. I gave it a rock helmet over leftovers because Leech Seed already acts as a great letovers sub, and the combination of Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs makes it cripple physical Mons. Spikes is there for setting up, I might be replacing this for stealth rocks and fire types pose a bigger threat to the team. Leech seed is there for the HP, protect is there to help get more HP from the leech seed. Gyro ball is there so it can still dish out damage, and also able to take down fairy types.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Toxic
Clefable was originally here just for a place holder as I couldn't think of another mon, but has since proven itself to be a very powerful mon. The ability magic guard means it isn't affected by things like toxic, making it an amazing wall. The high Def and SpD are there so it can take plenty of hits, and acts like a wall for both physical and special mons. Calm mind is there to give a boost to its SpD and SpA, making it able to sweep. Moonblast is there to dish out damage, it is also STAB. Moonlight is to recover a lot of HP, in the rare occasion that it loses a lot of HP. Toxic is there for annoying mons that are too powerful to take down. Clefable works really well with Ferrothorn, with Ferrothorn being able to leech seed, then Clefable coming and essential getting double leftovers.

Hey Wipster, overall your team looks really solid and it deals with a lot of the metagame really well. Some things to consider would be including a check to Tangrowth. Currently your own option to beat it is toxic stall on a clefable. You also are pretty weak to setup sweepers, as you don't have taunt or haze or anything to stop a +1 or +2 pokemon from sweeping your team. Also having 2 calm minders on your team is pretty interesting and might be unnessesary.

Overall the team looks pretty solid and I wish you the best of luck if you decide to use the team on the ladder!

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Hey there Wipster. Garchomp is a pretty cool Pokemon that is kinda underrated right now.
There are some changes I'd make to this team though.
I have made my own adjustments to the team - here is my version:
Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
Explanation:
Two Choice Scarf Pokemon on the same team is pretty unnecessary as you do not usually need more speed control than that (in that form at least) and the team was lacking the power that a Dragonium-Z Garchomp could offer. In addition to that, I decided to make Garchomp the Stealth Rock user, as (with the Z move) he is able to put them up against many of the tier's defoggers. Rockium-Z with Stone Edge can be used instead if you would like to be able to attack with something other than Outrage after the Z move has been used which still hits things like Zapdos and Tornadus, but being able to hit a Landorus on the switch is quite nice.

I then slightly changed the Jirachi, as you did not explain what those EVs in Special Defense did.

A small change to the Slowbro set, but I changed the EVs so that you get a maximum Regenarator recovery while taking a minimum amount from hazards and sand (as your HP is now one greater than a multiple of 6 without giving up too much - strange game mechanics, I know). I also gave it Ice Beam so that it could function as the Zygarde answer. I also made it non-mega to accomodate for a later change.

I changed the Forretress set so that you could beat Ash-Greninja, as it looked very dangerous to your team. I made it more specially defensive and gave it Power Whip over Protect so you could hit Greninja among other things such as Tapu Fini.

The biggest change I made was replacing the Clefable with Mega Mawile. This made the team a bit better against stall and Garchomp supported it as it weakens Landorus so that you can spam Play Rough later. Garchomp also appreciates a weakened Celesteela, which Mawile can offer with a powerful Knock Off.

I also replaced Tapu Koko with Zapdos as it still Defogs and helps against Pinsir and Hawlucha while being able to take on Kartana, Ferrothron and Scizor. It also works as the Ground type immunity.

Closing remarks:
This is a pretty cool Bulky Offence team that takes advantage of keeping hazards up, having heavy hitters and a fast, momentum-gaining core. You can really keep the pressure up with this team! Defog on Koko is only for emergencies, as you rarely need to get rid of Stealth Rocks with this team (Spikes/Toxic Spikes may be overwhelming) and this is a team that really likes to keep its own hazards up.

I hope you like the changes I made :) If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this.

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
The Koko set is a bit weird to me; any reason for those particular evs? Like does it survive specific hits with that? As a rule of thumb, speed is your most important stat, and if you're already Timid, why not have a max 252? It would be better for you to even just switch the 252 in SpA to speed, as damage wise there aren't too many close 2HKOs or 1HKOs you'll miss out on without max SpA investment. However, being sower means you always get outspeed by other Kokos. Not the worst if you want a slow U-Turn, but can be bad if you take a hard Z move or specs Dazzling Gleam.

Also, you said that "It's primary purpose is to be a special sweeper," but it only has one special attack! You made a more utility and supportive Koko rather than an offensive one. Really I'd say drop Roost and put Dazzling Gleam / HP Ice and have Farium Z / Electrium Z as the item. Taunt can be cool for shutting down some stall mons as well, but with two scarfs as revenge killers I guess U-Turn for a pivot is ok.

Also, I think you may regret not having Stealth Rocks or a Toxic Spikes absorber. Honestly you don't need Dragon Claw on Garchomp, and you can a page out of scarf Lando's book and actually run Stealth Rock instead. Its tricky to use and you have to understand when its needed and right to go for rocks, but having that great speed on a SR user can be super beneficial. Defensively, both Koko and Slowbro will really be hurt by T-Spikes, debilitating their Defog utility / recovery. That makes me think that this team can actually benefit with a Tspike user on its own, like Toxapex. You don't have to go that route, but its worth thinking.

Threats to your team include:

Mega Charizard Y - Comes in on Scarf EQs or Fire Punchs, or any of the slower mons, and with no special defense in that slowbro it can make a huge dent with Fire Blast/Solarbeam.

Lead Lando - This thing easily gets up rocks, SDs, then Explodes in your face. Again I can just see an HO team get some really early momentum cause you dont have a solid way of taking it out, besides maybe a Scald burn, but mega slowbrow takes almost half from EQ:
+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (166, 168, 169, 172, 174, 175, 178, 180, 181, 184, 186, 187, 190, 192, 193, 196)
And then is KOd by Explosion:
+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 277-326 (70.3 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zapdos: Zapdos can possibly Pressure stall some of your walls, and is only afraid of Koko. Even stone edge on Garchomp is underwelming. Again, SR can really help this problem.

I think there's more to be said, but I think you get the idea. Play around with it and I think you'll find them. Otherwise, this team does a good job with checking a ton of threats and you'll have some good match ups against some HO once you get their wincon out of the game,

-Ho3n

Yo Wipster, I immediately notice that your building approach consists of a balance, so I will try to keep this purpose.
moreover, I'll highlight building errors (perhaps given by the inexperience) that I found.
mine are only advice and you are not required to follow them, but I hope you will enjoy receiving them.

Analyze the weaknesses and then be able to remedy concretely.

WEAKNESSES:

<=> Mega Diancie can be a hostile wallbreaker for your team.Inflicts a 2HKO on Clefable, Slowbro, if Ferrothorn is in range can kill him with a 61.3 - 72.7% damage and in addition the adversary can predict the entry of Jirachi, Garchomp and Koko causing him to suffer extensive damage.<=> Mega Alakazam, analogous to Mega Diancie are few checks you have available, the only difference is that you can clean in late game leaving little hope for your team.
You should be in position with the scarps, but do you think your oppo is not able to scout you? Moreover, you will remain locked up and it is a good situation especially in situations where your income is limited to the hazards case.
<=> Mega Scizor can completely wallart you and use Sword Dance to boost your attack. I would not rely too much on jirachi due to the fact that you could have the following situation:
252 Atk Jirachi Fire Punch Vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Scizor-Mega: 156-188 (45.4 - 54.8%) - 55.9% chance to 2HKO
vs
+2 0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 396-468 (116.1 - 137.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Even koko is not an alternative as it can stall the terrein to avoid a 2hoko roosting to inertia.

(( I also add
cause you have no way to deal with it, (if not with toxic Clefable, but I would correct the spread given sincerely),
but also
can lose hp to Koko or annoing with Leech Seed + Protect ))

Major CHANGES:

I trust in the possibility of using Regenerator so I can guarantee secure revenue on M-Diancie by also checking BB Greninja.
Hp Fire is for Kartana and Ferrothorn (with particular attention to Knock off), Earthquake is to face Magearna with Shift Gear and CalmMind, the STAB Giga Drain is to recover hp, hit Water-types and for the last slot i prefer Sludge Bomb to also check the possible Bulk Up Tapu Bulu.

>>>

I think you need a member who can trap Toxapex, Celesteela and check Scizor totally. Modest + Firium Z increases the power of the STAB Fire, however it can violently strike hostile checks like Gliscor by conferring an OHKO after the damage of the Stealth Rocks.
Taunt is to avoid Recover to Latias with Stored Power, not to set up Reuniclus and recover vital points to Chansey and Toxapex.
I prefer Toxic to poison Gastrodon and Rotom on the switch-in.

I thought that a Ground Immunity coupled with its stretipitous and ductile type in OU can help for the synergy of your team.
The proposed set is scarf in order to have speed control and be a great pivot for the passive attitude of your team and then exhaust your opponent and sweep in late-game.
Explosion / Stone Edge is for M-Pinsir, Volcarona n to remove Gyarados (in this regard I prefer the first if in the case it was Mega).
Defog is essential to remove hazards, especially for Slowbro and Tangrowth that use switch constants.

Minor CHANGES:

The Clefable set is wrong starting from the EVs to be assigned.
I refer you to the page on Smogon if you have any doubts.
Stealth Rocks setter, also playable in leads, Zygarde checks, Hawlucha that can be fearsome threats. I would give Wish as his team mate Heatran is without tool and can not even take a hint of hp with the leftovers, secondly buy well the entries on Celesteela and Scizor so that the Wish completes to the fullest.

I decided to include Koko with the Specs not to be too passive against KyuremB (98.2 - 115.6%), Latios Mega (OHKO), Tornadus-T, Charizar Y, Band TTar. As if this were not enough increases the ability to inflict damage and ensure its pivot function, damaging Clefable and Assault Vest Magearna by force of Volt Switch.
Returning to the weaks mentioned is the best measure you have to face Zapdos (Def or 3Atks) and Celesteela without getting stalled.
In cases of emergency you can use Hp Ice for SD Gliscor making it undergo an ohko.

I agree to insert Calm Mind on Slowbro instead of Ice Beam because the measures for Zygarde, Gliscor Latios are evident within the team.

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 16 HP / 216 SpA / 28 SpD / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

NEW THREATS

You should handle it well between Landorus and KoKo, if you are not in position with one of the two can be problematic, important to set the rocks and predict the game plan of your opponent in order to pressure him with the switches.

Volcarona with hp ground, once he sets up with QD, it is unmanageable.

In conclusion, as you can see, however, the threats that they may have are extremely weak pokemon to 4x rocks, so you have to take advantage of this and apply predict and encourage Landorus and Koko to kill the threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)