Not open for further replies.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
App. by atomicllamas
Stolen from TSR

RarelyUsed Teambuilding Competition

(insert banner here)
Welcome to the SM RU Teambuilding Competiton! This will be weekly competition which you can join at any time. Each week, there will be a set,theme, or Pokemon posted, and then you will post an importable of a team featuring the given concept! This should look like a condensed RMT; a post will require an import and (brief) description of the teambuilding process to count. After a five days, the submissions will close and then you can cast your vote for the best team. The winner of the week will then get put into the hall of fame with their team on display for anyone to see!

Rules (read these first):

1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, and be sure to use the following format:
    Importable (open)

Description (open)

2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team
Submitting Teams: Please include the following when submitting your teams. Post your enty on the thread!
  • Optional but recommended: sprites. Setting to choose "sprites" in the sprites category in this sprite converter (http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php) will help me TREMENDOUSLY.
  • Importable of your team in a hide tag
  • A brief description of your teambuilding process and how the team plays in another hide tag together. (Use 2 hidetags)
Note: If you're using sprites, place them outside of the hide tags!

Discussion and Changes: Feel free to discuss people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent. A full rate would be best left to the RMT subforum, and a big overhaul on a team by someone else would defeat the purpose of this thread. Small recommendations such as a nature change or slight EV tweaking are game, though.

Winning: If you win, then congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured on the Hall of Fame. If there is a tie I will break it myself.

Copying Teams: Please don't. This ruins the concept of "competition". If you do copy someone's team, you will be automatically disqualified for the week. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me with a link of the original team. Hopefully this wont be an actual issue.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Just vote for whatever team you think is the best. There's no need to vote for someone because they already have a lot of other votes. In addition: if you participated in the week, please do not ask for people to vote for you. There's no fun in the competition if you get a big number of votes from people that might not even post otherwise.

On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this thread, feel free to suggest them to me (through PM please). They will be considered, but no promises on whether they'll actually be implemented or not.

On Slashes: In play, you can only bring four moves; so in the case of this thread, please do not use slashes. The team should be reflective of your skill as a builder, and have choices that you feel comfortable with.

Mac3

Hello, this week you guys will be building around Moltres. Moltres is a mon that fits into a lot of different playstyles, LO or Scarf on offense, while also being able to go defensive to fit on stall. Although it is flexible Moltres takes 50% from rocks when it switches in, which hinders it greatly. So good partners for Moltres are pokémon that can provide hazard control. Voting starts Monday 26th.

Last edited:

Mac3

Hello, this week you guys will be building around Moltres. Moltres is a mon that fits into a lot of different playstyles, LO or Scarf on offense, while also being able to go defensive to fit on stall. Although it is flexible Moltres takes 50% from rocks when it switches in, which hinders it greatly. So good partners for Moltres are pokémon that can provide hazard control. Voting starts Monday 26th.

Last edited:
first lol

So I went an offensive route building with Moltres, and started with Seismitoad as my first pick. It's an underrated counter-rocker, beating out many other SR users, Donphan and Gligar while giving Tres a safe switch out for Water, Rock, and Electric moves. Scarf Moltres was chosen to outspeed and kill things like Durants and Scarf Heras, and being a pivoter itself to get me momentum. I needed something to leaves bruises into chunky things like Snorlax with excellent overall pressure, and Heracross came in the picture. Dragalge fits with this as it lets me switch it in numerous times with its excellent resistances to drop bombs and T-Spikes just incase I need extra pressure to give my opponent, especially with bulkier teams. Persian-Alola gives me the Sharp check I needed while acting as a weakening/one - time healing pivot to get me into wallbreakers safer and Taunt user. Finally, I threw in Ditto for its ability to scare setup sweepers and an extra scarf hitter of any kind, making sure my opponent keeps away from from that so I can mow through.

also who needs removal

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Facade

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-594406428 Put excellent amount of pressure w/ pivoting and wallbreaking, giving me the 6-0.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-594424272 vs Kamen Rider 1. Went toe to toe in a close match, switching and pivoting round and round. Team did its job to put pressure on his defensive mons while going head-on with his offense; my big mistake was letting Heracross take an All-Out Pumelling and thus dying on a switchin, which cost me the game when I needed it to KO his Umbreon.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-594516374 Seismi + Ditto at the end clutched me a losing match. I got lucky he had Megahorn LOL

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-594014919

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist

Moltres @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Sunny Day
- Air Slash

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Work Up
- Earthquake

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

Kommo-o @ Choice Specs
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

lol

Last edited:

INSULT

and every day the paper boy brings more
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
upload_2017-7-14_13-49-53.png
upload_2017-7-14_14-17-39.png
upload_2017-7-14_13-50-15.png
upload_2017-7-14_13-50-26.png
upload_2017-7-14_13-50-44.png
upload_2017-7-14_13-49-32.png

Moltres @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Reuniclus @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Toxic

So I decided to build a bulky offense team around Moltres. Moltres having base 125 SpA and a decent base 90 Spe, it can serve as a very strong wallbreaker, especially since it has access to Fire Blast and Hurricane. So using it with a LO makes it a very strong offensive threat in the RU tier. Gligar is in the next slot to provide defog support and to also check physical attackers like Guts Heracross. Decided that I need some speed control, so Scarf Rotom-C came to mind. Rotom-C forces alot of switches so it's very nice when I can volt switch out and bring in Moltres. Scarf Rotom-C is also very nice to help revenge +1 Feraligatr seeing as it's faster even if the Gator is Jolly. Next I wanted a Calm Mind sweeper and decided to pick Reuniclus with the electric Z-Move as a nuke to deal with threats where Reuniclus is not setup enough to take down with psyshock. Next Mon is my physical breaker in Heracross, Heracross helps deal with Umbreon and other nuisances that would trouble Moltres on the Special Defensive side. Lastly is my Rocker Diancie, solid defensives on both sides but I opted to invest in SpDef to help deal with mons like Jolteon, Rotom-H, Moltres and offensive psychic types like; Espeon, Gardevoir and Hoopa.

Attachments

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OP is clearly gone, imma go ahead and say vote (give you till Sunday night). I'll give another mon then, and if there is interest keep this thread running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)