RU SM RU Cup VII - Round 1

OP stolen from Expulso

Hello and welcome to the seventh annual SM RU Cup. This tournament is one of three individual tournaments that make up the qualification stage of the RU Classic tournament. To earn points for the RU Circuit, you must qualify for the 8-person playoffs of the RU Classic or win one of the three Cups. You can qualify for playoffs by earning sufficient qualification points between the SM, ORAS, and BW Cups; a standings spreadsheet (courtesy of Expulso) will be updated weekly.

Sign up below to start your journey towards RU Classic playoffs and enjoy one of the most popular RU old generations!

Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SM RU (Generation 7) tournament.
  • Matches are to be played on PS!, preferably on the Smogtours server.
  • All rounds will be a best of three, single elimination.

Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.

General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.
  • Timer Clause: Play with the Battle Timer on. Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason; if you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. [Exceptions might be made for server-side problems such as a PS-wide server reset]. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Scheduling:
  • Use VMs to schedule with your opponent to make it easier for me to track activity calls when needed. If you use other methods to contact your opponent outside of VMs, then post in this thread confirming you're in contact with your opponent; otherwise, it's not necessary.
  • Extensions for those with time conflicts may not be granted if they are requested last-minute. I also expect extended matches to be completed as soon as possible, so stating the specific time you have scheduled for is important to get an extension.
  • Do not schedule last minute expecting to be compensated in case of timezone conflicts or be given an activity win over your opponent.
Round 1
Hurtadoo  vs  Ashbala
SOMALIA  vs  BreloomBuddy
frostyicelad  vs  Danny
Eivor  vs  Warucario
Clementine  vs  lighthouses
shadowtime2000  vs  swag god
Pohjis  vs  PokemonCestDur
MultiPokemon  vs  TrainerPla
naruto(sage)  vs  sensei axew
Sificon  vs  TheFranklin
Bless  vs  Fc
toytean  vs  Dlanyer
Astrø  vs  Leru
xXcrossbowXx  vs  Oathkeeper
Lhions  vs  Cam
Xiri  vs  MatLaTomate
kythr  vs  Heuxo
btboy vs  Mr.Yessir
Inder  vs  TheNewGuyM8
Arcanine1929  vs  egalvanc
C0nfiden1 0yster  vs  Josepharas1
Nezloe  vs  Yay
Drud  vs  Aurora
cyanize  vs  Beraldinho
BlazingDark  vs  gorex
Cielau  vs  Aqua Jet
Huargensy  vs  zben
GoldCat  vs  Mac3
Guille14  vs  3d
robjr  vs  it's tago!
sasha  vs  Jnho
Staxi  vs  giove97
wjq  vs  KaiserKaiba
Yourwelcomethanku  vs  Tenebricite
Mister McLovin  vs  Satiaro
intervertedbookence  vs  Spl4sh
TDR  vs  Lunala
Nat  vs  DuGuo
eu  vs  Dorron
Akeras  vs  LBN
PandaDoux  vs  Velcroc
bb skarm  vs  DerpyBoi
The Mefesto  vs  Dj Breloominati♬
Metallica126  vs  MrSoup
Mr.Bossaru  vs  Daruma
rylon  vs  S poi re
yovan33321  vs  Drifting
Ara  vs  Mike Cometa
Real FV13  vs  King Billu
Nick  vs  eifo
-RD-  vs  Floss
EviGaro  vs  mushamu
JuanSG  vs  Banbadoro
avarice  vs  QuinnXD
Kenny  vs  ADF Test
martinvtran  vs  DugZa
Fant'sy Beast  vs  Corperate n
Shaneghoul  vs  NHelioX7
Medeia  vs  Bye 1
SKIPPERGAMEZ  vs  Bye 2
Trogba Trogba  vs  Bye 3
pannu  vs  Bye 4
velvet  vs  Bye 5
Elfuseon  vs  Bye 6

No hard deadline, but try to get it done by Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.
Replays are mandatory!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)