Gen 7 is essentially upon us, and since Ubers should be ready to go as soon as the new stuff goes live on Pokemon Showdown!, I see no reason to hold back metagame discussion/speculation any longer. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the Ubers SM Metagame.
Important: we will be carrying over the banlist for ORAS into Gen 7. This means Mega Rayquaza will remain banned at the start of Gen 7. SM has introduced exactly zero things that would potentially help keep Mega Rayquaza in check, so we're not going to waste our time letting it out of the cage. I don't imagine anyone will lose sleep over this.
Pokemon Sun and Moon Mine Resource Thread - (this should have everything you need)
Pokemon Sun and Moon Mechanics Research
Suspects or potential bans are not a topic for discussion in this thread.
Notable Changes from Gen 6 at a glance:
- Relevant new mons: Solgaleo, Lunala, Marshadow, UBs
- Dark Void nerfed to 50% accuracy
- Aerilate and other -ate abilities nerfed to 20% boost.
- Soul Dew nerfed - now only 20% boost to Dragon and Psychic moves
- Dark-types are immune to Prankster
- Thunder Wave now 90% accuracy
- Burn damage nerfed to 1/16
- Paralysis only halves speed instead of quartering it
- Marshadow is not obtainable as of yet
- Diancite, Mewtwonite X/Y, Blazikenite, Mawilite and Tyranitarite are NOT obtainable at the moment
Last edited by a moderator: