SM UU Beta (Mewnium Z, Staraptor, Victini banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing this meta being somewhat offensive, i'd say Sticky Web is a very good hazard right now. You can choose between 3 decent ones depending on your team, though i'm more fond of:

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Fell Stinger
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

This mon seems decent outside of just setting SW up. Being the most decent Fell Stinger user we have now, it can get great benefit from having +3 attack all of a sudden (since both STAB moves are redundant with each other you won't miss having more BP that much) . Leaf Blade is the main STAB while Knock Off is always great to have, both as a damage dealer and a utility move.
You can trade Fell Stinger for SD and have a guaranteed boost but i feel stinger is nicer (pun intended)

It's too bad Baton Pass is banned, it would be great to KO something with Fell Stinger and BP the boost out :(

Now with the dragons out it's life is made much easier too.

Also, to create a "Charizard-Y" of sorts (though much worse):

Charizard @ Firium-Z
Ability: Solar Power
Evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Solarbeam
- Hidden Power Ice / Roost

Mini Char-Y. Z-Sunny Day gives you +1 speed, powers up it's STAB Fire move and activates Solar Power all in one move. You now have 4 turns to lay down some severe hurt. If needed you can Sunny Day normally and Inferno Overdrive afterwards; this combination gives you a one-time nuke that is capable of dealing over to 60% to Blissey:

252 SpA Solar Power Charizard Inferno Overdrive vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 385-454 (59 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Though pretty powerful, it can't sustain sun for long and takes damage every turn so it dies prety quickly. Still a pretty potent nuke.

Weavile, Salamence, Dragonite are gone.

Gyarados will probably be the "poor man's Salamence" and probably replace Salamence. Also, Gengar will get better now that weavile is gone, as will latias, starmie, etc. What will replace weavile? Bisharp will probably step up to the plate, but bisharp is much slower than Weavile and the two performed different roles.
Other pokemon that might see the quickban include porygon-z (due to z-conversion) and mega slowbro (very difficult to take down while hitting hard).

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This round of bans has a certain someone very excited:

Seriously though, good riddance. I was skeptical about Mence and Dnite's Z-Move sets at first, but they really are toxic as hell. The amount of power packed by Z-Fly, combined with the insanely good offensive typing, is just so hard to play around. +1 Z-Fly does upwards of 80% to things like defensive Suicune and Hippo, and KOs moderately bulky 'mons without even needing a boost. For anyone who has never seen these in action, here's a replay from a roomtour earlier today showing just how difficult this is to stop: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankuubeta-514587659

Weavile is a weird sort of animal, because on paper it shouldn't be that threatening compared to some of the insane crap we have.... but I don't think I have ever played a game where it didn't put in a ton of work, and its Speed tier makes it so hard to punish offensively. Knock is still as busted as ever, plus it gets the coverage to break through its few resists or Pursuit to checkmate some of the best bulky 'mons in the tier (which also makes other 'mons like Keldeo incredibly hard to stop). It's also annoying because Pursuit eliminates a lot of potential counterplay you might otherwise have to a fast (but frail) 'mon.

But yeah, with its two biggest forms of competition and both priority Ice Shard users either banished to BL or OU, Flygon might actually finally get a chance to do something in UU with its Dragon Dance set. It has a really nice Speed tier for it, though the relative lack of power even after a boost is still a bit of a concern. Certainly worth giving a shot, though.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
oooh Flygon is another Pokemon that just has so many different sets it can run. It gets Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Punch, Stone Edge, Thunder Punch, U-Turn, and Roost. You can run it as a set up sweeper with Dragon Dance, wallbreaker with banded Outrages, Earthquakes, and whatever coverage move you want, Pivot with U-turn, use its decent typing as a check to certain pokemon, a way to get rid of hazards. I love Pokemon that you can adjust to fit whatever role you want it on your team, and Flygon can possibly do that. With these bans, this could be Flygons chance to shine! Also, Scarf Flygon outspeeds BoltBeam Porygon Z which kills after a bit of chip damage which is always nice!

Also, I want to know what peoples thoughts are on full weather teams, or weather cores in general.

edit: of f didnt see hoggs post above rip.

Last edited:
Weather cores: all weathers are viable
Sun: torkoal/victini/venusaur
Rain: Politoed/Keldeo/Kabutops/Torn-t
Hail: Alola Ninetales/Alola Sandslash/Kyurem
Sand: Hippowdon/Stoutland/Lycanroc
As for full weather teams, full rain is probably the best. Anyone think gengar just got better (public enemy #1, weavile, is gone)?

So now that a few busted things are gone, I figured I'd share some mons that benefit from these bans, and some cool sets in general you should try.

IMG_0052.PNG

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt/Substitute

Unsurprisingly, Gengar got a million times better now that Weavile isn't always waiting to ruin its fun. While it does get trapped by Aero, and it has to play 50/50 with Bish, being able to actually get more than one kill on every team that used to pack Weavile is great, and bulkier teams generally struggle with Taint 3 attacks. Sub is also an option, and allows Gengar to avoid Pursuit and priority, and with the switches it forces getting one up is pretty easy. It's speed allows it to put in work agianst even fast teams, as it outspeeds a good amount of the tier and can threaten to ko most frail mons.

IMG_0054.PNG

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower/U-Turn/Focus Blast

This thing is scary as fuck oml. Most teams rely on things like Keldeo, Primarina, and Azumarill to switch into dark types. Hydreigon kills Keldeo with Draco, is guaranteed to 2hko Azu with flash cannon, and Hydra still does about 34% with dark pulse, and primarina has to be rest talk to switch in repeatedly since it takes almost 30%. This is assuming modest of course, which does leave you vulnerable by Kyurem, Krookodile, and other positive natures mons with about base 95 speed. But the power difference is worth it, since it lets Hydreigon do shit tons of damage to even resists. Timid is obviously more than viable, and I run it pretty often, but the power drop is pretty noticeable. Regardless, if the opponent has not dark resist or dragon immunities, you will get a kill every time you come in, and Hydreigon's natural bulk means you can take a hit and return with a powerful blow. Here are some calcs showing how powerful modest is:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 222-262 (68.5 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 126-148 (31.1 - 36.6%) -- 72.5% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 92-108 (25.2 - 29.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Hippowdon: 220-261 (52.5 - 62.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 322-380 (45 - 53.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 140-165 (51.6 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Scizor: 190-225 (55.3 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Get the idea? Primarina and Blissey are the best answers to this thing, so Hydreigon pairs well with things that can take care of them. Raikou not only murders the two most popular fairies in azu and rina, it also provides volt switch to make getting Hydra in a lot easier. Fighting types share the fairies as checks, so they appreciate Hydra wearing them down, and also obliterate Blissey. Hydreigon appreciates having two of its best revenge killers in Mence and Weavile gone.

IMG_0055.PNG

Not even bothering listing a set because it has like 5 viable ones, each with endless coverage. Victini loves that Weavile cannot pursuit trap it after it uses V-Create, and that the Dragons that could set up on it if it lacked Glaciate are gone. Mixtini is one of the best wall breakers despite its average offensive stats thanks to its coverage, and it can just mindlessly fit out on any offensive team to fill in holes and help break through mons that give the team trouble. Until it starts attacking, you literally have no way of knowing what it's going to use even after you find out what set it is, so you have to guess, and it's not uncommon for Victini to pick up a kill or two before its set is discovered. It is also a great scarfer, its speed and access to U-Turn are godsends, and it's virtually unlimited coverage is icing on the cake. Now that three of its biggest problems are gone, Victini is ready to mercilessly slaughter any team looking to wall it, and its decent bulk make it a threat to offence teams who will usually have to hit at least twice to take it down as long as hazards are off the field. If you are having difficulty breaking a certain wall, you can probably use a move on Victini to break, it truly has no real counters as long as you carry the correct coverage move.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Hi UU, my favorite time early tier where behemoths of gens past vow for limited space in OU amongst the power creep. Stoked to abuse new mons, innovation of unique sets or play styles, and the rise of new stand out trainers.

Wow, only a few days in and we're dropping the ban hammer. Are we gonna run this kokoloko style where we reintroduce stuff later once a "stable" meta has been reach? <\3 808 heartbreak for baton pass but I suppose it's the cleanest way to address the problem.

Most people have been brilliantly highlighting a number of stand out Mons. I liked to throw a shout-out to kyurem, hydriegon, and Flareblitz's side piece togekiss. I'd prefer to talk about some trends:
  • Hazards
    • Setting
      • Even with dragonite leaving, rocks snag marginal differences between winning and losing.
      • Most battles I've watched favored bulkier setters that have the ability to repeatedly set rocks
      • The OP sweepers with spikes will run straight through teams.
    • Control
      • Hazard control has become easier as defoggers and useful rapid spinners fit onto teams of all play styles.
  • Weather
    • Rain
      • Gen 5 OU flashbacks
      • Therian formes freely spam high base power moves or garner momentum though volt turning
      • Water types sail past walls
        • Azu and keldeo are fan favorites
      • Swift swimmer for the win condition.
        • Ludicolo!
      • That said being set on a timer really makes in battle decisions pivotal. A single miscalculation of rain turns could "turn the tides"
        • I'll see myself out
    • Sand
      • Gigalith and hippowdon after years of baby hippo
        • I feel spoiled
      • STOUTLORD
        • That is all
      • The most flexible of all weathers as it doesn't require dedication to straight offense
    • Hail
      • Aurora veil is super neat, especially in this highly offensive meta.
      • Blizzard spam keeps heavy pressure while jolly hailslash can clean up shop with a mop.
    • Sun
      • Honestly haven't seen too much. But I have no doubt someone will figure a way to have victini victimizing teams with V-create for days.
P.S. give me a chance to vote, I want my badge back

Def Empoleon + SpD Sylveon is a really good core. Not really too strong at hitting back in terms of just being annoying as hell it's very good. Very good complimentary coverage. Only thing you gotta really be worried about is strong EQ mons/Z-10% but just having something on your team to take care of that and you're solid. Noticed a lot of people running more defensive teams, which is nice. Still seeing plenty of offense, especially with Ninetails-A but that's pretty well obvious since Aurora Veil is the goat for HO teams.

The last round of QBans were smart. Monz 2 skrongz.

Agreeing with Upstart. DDZ-10% with 1-2LOS and SR is pretty much game over. Especially with Weavile out the picture.

Lastly been seeing a bit of Staraptor lately. Scarf is dumb strong with reckless. If you can keep SR off the field it's a really powerful revenge killer.

Also.... how do you do the spoiler bit? I haven't used forums in quite some time and forgot...

Played a bit more, feel like talking a bit more, so here goes!

Everyone knows what this does, and Donphantastic has brought this up before. One set he hasn't mentioned is Choice Scarf. This may seem odd, as Scizor is rather slow, and while it is certainly not its best set, it has its uses. Latias and Serperior will often try to hit it with an HP Fire, and getting the U-turn on them can either weaken or completely remove them, allowing other Pokemon such as Keldeo or Breloom to shine. Bullet Punch is still decently strong, and does its job just fine. I've been playing around a bit with the last moves but can't really decide on which ones are the best. Superpower can hit some standard switch-ins like Empoleon or Cobalion, Aerial Ace can hit other checks such as Keldeo or Volcarona, and HP Fire did surprisingly well, severely weakening opposing Scizors and Forretress. Give this set a try!

I've been testing this even though the bans haven't been implemented yet, and a lot of people seem to have already switched to Weavile-less teams, which is nice. With Spikes support, this Pokemon is really hard to wall, nothing new. Psychic / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast gives it great coverage, even if missing Focus Blasts hurts as always. I've been trying several moves in its last slot, and found myself wanting Grass coverage more and more as the OHKO on Swampert, the reliable hit on Krookodile and the additional damage on Primarina seemed rather attractive. Zam is really scary if it doesn't have to fear Pursuit.

I'm not sure whether this is the best or the worst Pokemon in the meta. Its speed tier is really nice, as it allows it to check many current threats such as Alakazam, Serperior and Keldeo, and it is one of the few Pokemon that can run an Assault Vest without borderline useless. It can also run a Life Orb to hit extremely hard, or no item in case it wants Acrobatics. Between Flying STAB, and potential Fighting / Grass / Fire / Dark coverage, it is really hard to switch into safely, and if it runs LO or no item, it can also run Taunt to screw over some bulky Pokemon like Sylveon and Mandibuzz or prevent setup from Pokemon such as Gyarados. U-turn is also great, as it allows Torn-T to gain momentum easily, and thanks to Regenerator, it gets enough opportunities to switch in. The one thing that really, really irks me is the fact that its best STAB is far and away Hurricane, and that move's accuracy has screwed me over more than once. Sadly, unless you run the Acro set, Torn-T relies on it, hence why it is sometimes the worst Pokemon in the meta, but in the end, Hurricane does work more often than not. Overall, Torn-T is amazing and very hard to play against.

What do you guys think will get quick banned next? I am not surprised to see Weavile, Mence, and Dnite go. I am thinking the next bout would probably include things like Volcanion, Terrak, Volcarona, and Diggersby--just mons that ravish the tier atm. I can even see things like Victini and Kiss going, but probably not for a while since the power creep is real atm.

Atm, I am finding things I initially thought would be really good, such as Thundy-T, Victini, and even Keldeo to be just good in the tier, not game breaking. Things like Primarina, Tsareena, and the like, which I thought would be just decent-ish in the tier, are actually holding their own in most games. Things like Breloom as well, which seemed good, are actually amazing in this meta. The sash variant is just great as an anti-lead. Mega-Aero is still pretty good all things considered, but with each qb (kyub, dnite, zard y), it got a lot less useful.

I am finding weather HO really hard to beat unless you carry a weather setter yourself. Trying to slap hippo on every team is hard @_@

glad dnite and mence are gone. both had semi-decent checks but they were still obnoxious as fuck to deal with lol

with all that being said after trying out volcarona i have to say its still not that great in this metagame. even though there's a decent amount of hazard removal in the tier, none of them have great synergy with volcarona (i used empoleon, but on more offensively oriented teams you can probably afford to use lo mie or something like that) and removing rocks is a pain given how it will probably let something in for free to set up on you if u can do it successfully. theres too many things that can shrug off even boosted hits like blissey and gigalith, and setting up in itself is rarely something that will ever happen, and even if you manage to get up a boost theres too many things that can check it like maero, torn, azu, etc etc. theres just too many things that hold it back and in the games ive played its been more of a liability than anything.

i havent played as much as i wouldve liked with the other volc yet but even if it is really strong the speed really holds it back. like sam said, it is really good vs slower teams but they are not all that common in this meta. it'll probably be one of those things that'll be really good as the meta develops though.

the quickbans are also pretty nice for loomer...as if that thing needed to get better lol. togekiss is a little better as well since it was not that great of a dnite / mence check unless you had dgleam which is kind of suboptimal as well, but playing around with it it's just another mon that isnt as good as it could be since its too slow to make use of serene grace and its setup bait for elecs which are really dominant in this metagame

thats my observations for now i guess. will try the other birds in luchador and raptor since those seem to be really lowkey, but im guessing with a check in weavile (albeit a pretty shaky one) gone it'll be pretty good - not a whole lot resists its stab combo and the stuff that does has pretty meh bulk aside from doublade lol. as mentioned by other dudes victini will probably shape up to be a top metagame threat as well.

I've been testing a couple of "potentially broken" things and some uncommon stuff that sounded cool

Rain is really hit or miss (might be better without Dragonite or Mence). Kabutops is a fantastic Pokemon in rain, Tornadus-T loves 100% acc Hurricane, and Azumarill and Araquanig hit disgusting hard in rain, the former is borderline unstoppable if it manages to get BD. But Politoed is absolutely terrible, does nothing but setup rain and it isn't particularly great at doing it, considering every single weather set can switch into it in a pinch if needed (even if you are like me and run Modest Hydro Pump).

Rain struggles covering every potential threat. For example, you need a Electric-type immunity that doesn't kill your momentum unless you want to struggle against Thundurus / Raikou from turn 1, you need something that can deal with Hurricane Tornadus-T (Kabutops doesn't really work here, unless you want to die in 4~ LO turns, a way of dealing with Azumarill and/or Scarf Keldeo (Politoed doesn't work here, because both will 1v1 it while burning rain turns), a spinner if you run both Tornadus + Thundurus (Kabutops does work here, but means it can't run SD), etc

Maybe there's a super reliable rain formula I am not aware of, but from what I have seen and experienced myself, the style is really inconsistent. That could change if we ever get Kingdra + Pelipper (if they drop, they drop together) or Mega Swampert.

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Return
- Knock Off

This thing is super good vs offense, and not too shabby vs other plays styles thanks to U-turn + ridiculous power. Not the best revenge killer by any means, but It outspeeds Tornadus-T and everything slower, and does a ridiculous amount of damage for a Choice Scarf user.

252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 237-279 (79.2 - 93.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 204-241 (70.1 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 214-253 (66.2 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Scizor: 172-204 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Two immunities and somewhat usable bulk also give it a decent amount of opportunities to switch in

Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

This is a weird lure / lead Necrozma I have been trying and so far it has worked decently. Almost always gets Stealth Rock up, destroys Scizor and Forry (they both love trying to switch into Necrozma), beats any Breloom lead and checks Breloom in general, spreads paralysis, and it isn't Taunt fodder (252 SpA Necrozma Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tornadus: 174-205 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO). Not meant to be used to beat real dedicated leads, just to get rocks up and pressure the things that tend to try to punish Necrozma

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Scald

This Pokemon is really, really anti meta right now. Checks / Counters both Thundurus, Tornadus-I, Aerodactyl-Mega, Slowbro-Mega, Porygon-Z, Keldeo, Kabutops, Araquanig, Raikou, etc. Additionally, it's also a surprisingly effective win condition with Curse, as it becomes really hard to kill for offensive teams and 1v1s Slowbro-Mega more often than not. And the most important thing: It is a Scald absorber.

The Clear Smog set could work, but I feel like this one is more consistent. Ice Beam shouldn't really be THAT necessary in the current meta, because of Dragonite and Salamence leaving, but it can help vs Serperior switch ins and stuff like that.

It's not the best Pokemon by any means, but it gets the job done consistently and deals with the key things it needs to deal with. I've been hyping it up in my PS room and everyone who has tried Gastrodon hasn't been disappointed by it yet.

>Weavile Ban
Mega Absol Hype you guys. Somewhere ironically, I'm using MegaSol and was thinking of using Weavile instead. So much for that.
Anyway, Latias just got rid of one of the Dragons she couldn't Draco Meteor to death(dragonite) and I think that Flygon (unfortunately) won't be that much used because Garde Dog has higher speed and Thousand Arrows alongside Extremespeed, Latias has Better Bulk for Defogging, and both are faster. A shame though, I really like Flygon.

Phew, glad Weavile and Dragonite are gone. I'll miss using Salamence, but yeah it was broken. Kommo-O seems a lot better now, as it lost most of its main competition. It can run a load of different sets, ranging from Dragon Dance to Choice Specs. Thanks to Soundproof, it doesn't fear Sylveon like most Dragons do. When Salamence got banned I replaced it on my team with DD Kommo-O and it has put in the work.

I think that Flygon (unfortunately) won't be that much used because Garde Dog has higher speed and Thousand Arrows alongside Extremespeed, Latias has Better Bulk for Defogging, and both are faster. A shame though, I really like Flygon.
Garde Dog is definitely the better Choice Band user than Flygon because of the higher speed tier, more spammable Ground STAB, and Extremespeed, but Flygon I'd argue is the better Dragon Dancer because of higher natural bulk, Roost, and Levitate all allowing it to set up significantly easier. Also, while Latias is probably significantly better as a Defogger overall, Flygon does have the important advantages of possessing U-Turn, making it much easier for it to retain momentum, and not being complete Bisharp bait.

Garde Dog is definitely the better Choice Band user than Flygon because of the higher speed tier, more spammable Ground STAB, and Extremespeed, but Flygon I'd argue is the better Dragon Dancer because of higher natural bulk, Roost, and Levitate all allowing it to set up significantly easier. Also, while Latias is probably significantly better as a Defogger overall, Flygon does have the important advantages of possessing U-Turn, making it much easier for it to retain momentum, and not being complete Bisharp bait.
So, it's a good time to do DragonSpam, especially because even if we Lost two Dragons, we also lost Weavile, and they cover each other counters somewhat well.
Uh, what else... Primarina is now a better Dragon Killer since she doesn't have to worry about incoming Z-Fly, and some(not all, mind you) Dragons left have a Special Attacker Set as one of their best options.
Keldeo isn't forced to run Icy Wind, but it still hits some stuff hard, and the speed drop is great. Other than that... Psychic won't exactly catch a break since there still are several Dark-Types around. Mega Absol, for example, does pretty much the same trapper duties as Weavile.

Avant Heim

formerly The Bill Cipher
Bye Salamence,i will miss you.But now,Kommo-o has a chance do be significant as a DDance user,as with salamence,it was outclassed,but now,salamence is locked in the shackels of OU,Kommo-o is no longer outclassed and can shine in the battlefield,with it's good bulk and good offensive status

I'd like to use bulky Swords Dance Scizor on my team, as it's a great check to Toxic stall. What would be a good EV spread for it? The moveset I'm thinking of is Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite / U-turn / Knock Off, Roost with either Leftovers or Iron Plate as the item.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

this is from the BW page. I'd probably roll with that.

With these new quickbans I want to share two sets that appreciate the removal of Weavile, and competition as a DD user.

Zygarde-10% @ Dragonium Z/Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

This set sacrifices the immediate power of a Choice Band for the ability to out speed the entire metagame after one boost. I've found Dragonium Z to work best on it because it lets it use dragon coverage without locking itself into outrage, although Life Orb can provide better power before setting up. This set uses the threat of its high speed to force switches to allow it to setup. The set still has problems with any priority users that resists Extreme speed like Scizor. It appreciates lures for Scizor and bulky Fairy types as well as being great under screens. Overall this set got a lot more viable with Dragonite leaving as it now is the only Dd'er with Extreme speed.

Latias @ Soul Dew/Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

This is in my opinion the best offensive Calm Mind user in the tier right now especially now that Weavile is gone. This set is very effective against bulkier builds as the added bulk makes many regular offensive Latias checks into setup bait. It can win pretty much any Calm Mind war easily because of Psyshock And Draco Meteor hits extremely hard after 1 boost.

0 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 134-162 (44.5 - 53.8%) -- 33.6% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 134-158 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 218-260 (72.4 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 134-162 (44.5 - 53.8%) -- 33.6% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 182-218 (60.4 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Ice Beam vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 114-135 (37.8 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 SpA Draco Plate Latias Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 202-238 (58.8 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Latias Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 379-447 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Latias Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 156-184 (41.7 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Latias Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 196-232 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Its power and bulk make it very hard to stop on defensive teams once steel types are worn down just a bit. A bulkier spread can work to make it easier to setup but having the extra power lets you fill in standard offensive Latias' role until you find a setup opportunity.

Really liking the meta so far and very glad to see the council going in a direction that leads to a balanced tier as fast as possible.

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor
Now that Dragonite and Salamence are gone Id like to expand on the post that DrReuniclus made and say that gyara is probably the scariest DD mon in the tier now. While DD 3 attack is still a terrifying set to go against, I would also like to point out that taunt is also a great option on DD gyara, allowing it to escape roars from hippo/pert etc as well as preventing other fatmons like quag from recovering.

Last edited:
We have decided to quickban Dragonite, Salamence and Weavile

Seriously, all three of them lasted way longer than they should have. After Mamoswine moved to OU Dragonite and Salamence were having it way too good down there. Multiscale makes Dragonite a complete bitch to revenge kill if it hasn't taken any damage. While Salamence is weaker to Ice Shard Moxie allows it to basically spiral out of control after just one kill. Weavile on the other hand hits like a nuke with Knock Off, and while it has a decent amount of checks, I haven't seen a match yet where Weavile doesn't kill at least one thing before going down.

But with them gone we can have a bit of breathing room. Gyarados will have less comptition for DD, and 2 other dragons could also be coming back from RU now. Both Kommo-o and Haxorus both have something worth giving. Kommo-o is more versatile, while Haxorus tears down pokes much easier. Weavile's ban means that Latias is probably gonna rise in usage, and we'll probably see a lot more of Tornadus-T and Zam as well.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think Flyinium Z is the best item in the metagame.
So, I've been noticing that people have been complaining about hurricane missing a lot with Torn-T. Well, just use Flyinium Z; more power and more accuracy.
Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Now, you don't have to worry about Life Orb being more optimal because knock off & u-turn are just for momentum, heat wave is always going to knock out or do big damage to scizor and forretress. So, Flyinium Z can come in handy with surprise knock outs with hurricane. Turning hurricane into 185 BP 100 acc is huge. I've tested it out and always puts in work. Not to mention you don't have to worry about knock off like the acrobatics set; only difference being you get more power in 110 SpAtk and a one time 185 BP move.

CBU

Banned deucer.
tsareena.jpg
CherryCherryLady (Tsareena) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick​
ok i am back with more bad sets...i have played a lot on the ladder (stop playing mons and get a life) and i came to the conclusion that UU's rapid spinners suck ass. Dhelmise is pursuit fodder and has a garbage defensive typing, forretress has slim to none offensive presence and will never spin if the opponent has a ghost, mega blastoise forces the mega slot in a meta where mega aero and mega sharpedo are much better offensive options and tentacruel is a mediocre mon to begin with(not to mention it gets blown away by the immense physically oriented offense UU has rn). So what i did was give Tsareena a chance. The mon is not anything special but has the coverage to cause some actual damage between trop kick/hjk/play rough , not to mention its ability to grab momentum with u-turn. However, i think the selling point of this mon is its ability to nullify bisharp's and azu's sweeping capabilities cause they both get outsped and ohko'ed without being able to abuse their priority moves. Give cherry woman thing a chance (she does not deserve it, but neither do the rest of UU spinners).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)