SM UU Beta (Mewnium Z, Staraptor, Victini banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you want on your team, or what risks you want to take. By your logic Azu would be running Aqua Tail over Waterfall tbh.

Also yes G1 transfers have their hidden ability. Gender... I'm not sure tho.
Well, Waterfall also has a 20% Flinch rate, and considering how game-changing a random Flinch could be, it's warranted.

Flame Body Moltres would probably be a interesting second option to offensive variants when it comes in to take resisted hits (i.e. Breloom's STABs, Scizor in general). However, I think Pressure is overall more valuable against many team comps because it severely reduces the longevity of a Pokemon's time on the field, such as cutting 24 PP moves down to 12 and 8 PP moves down to 4.

Tauros will never be relevant to g7 uu
Tauros will very unlikely be relevant to g7 ru (wasnt last gen and the amount of power expected just drops it further)

As for the argument on power v accuracy dont start it...this is very dependent on the pokemon at hand some do require the power where others do not.
I agree, but there is no RU/NU thread so I thought UU would be the next best thing

But to be more on topic on UU Beta: What is the general opinion on Gluttony Snorlax? I used it a lot in OU and it was actually pretty good until Knock Off Spam got more ridiculous.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I agree, but there is no RU/NU thread so I thought UU would be the next best thing

But to be more on topic on UU Beta: What is the general opinion on Gluttony Snorlax? I used it a lot in OU and it was actually pretty good until Knock Off Spam got more ridiculous.
Your posts should always be related to UU and the potential of mons in UU. While I'm sure a lot of us appreciate the fact-sharing, there are more relevant forums to talk about Tauros in Gen 7. Here is an example of where you could talk about it while remaining on-topic: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-nu-speculation-thread-read-post-109.3587371/

Are we allowed to talk about Genesis Supernova Mew now?
To be honest I think the only set that would use that move would be the Nasty Plot set, and even then I still prefer Psyshock as that lets you beat Blissey and Florges much easier. Not having to worry about Sucker Punch is nice though.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To be honest I think the only set that would use that move would be the Nasty Plot set, and even then I still prefer Psyshock as that lets you beat Blissey and Florges much easier. Not having to worry about Sucker Punch is nice though.
+2 252 SpA Mew Genesis Supernova vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Florges: 345-406 (95.8 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 199-235 (55.2 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

???

Genesis Supernova is literally stronger than V-Create, plus it has the cute side effect of giving all your subsequent Psychics the equivalent of a Specs boost and preventing things like Bisharp and Scizor from revenging you. I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's going to get some use.

+2 252 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 396-466 (55.4 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 594-699 (83.1 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's the tier's premier special wall, folks.

On to more relevant stuff:

I can pretty much see two variations of the Nasty Plot set: the Psychic + Psyshock + Coverage one or the Psychic + 2 Coverage one. I think the former one breaks stall much more easily, but I digress.

Essentially, there are very few options that can actually check this Pokemon, including:
- Pyukumuku (barely a check since it OHKOs after Rocks, but if you don't have hazards on your side of the field, you can easily use Soak to basically remove his STAB)
- Sableye (a classic really. +2 D-Gleam will hurt a lot and Knock Off does jack squat)
- Mandibuzz (Same case. Can phase Mew out)
- AV Houndoom (ask playerw17 about this)
- AV Drapion/Skuntank (Poor man's Alo-Muk)

There are probably more, but the general consensus is that if you let Mew get to +2, you're guaranteed to lose a Pokemon (extrapolating the Blissey calculation above) unless you're Metang or something. Even then, you need to scout out its coverage move(s), which for NP Mew ranges widely: Giga Drain, Fire Blast, Aura Sphere, D-Gleam, Shadow Ball, etc.

My two cents.

What's the point - with Pokebank you can run Rock Climb which is even stronger albeit less accurate.

Question about the Pokebank - do the Pokémon exported from Red / Blue / Yellow Virtual Console have their hidden abilities, and are genders randomised?
They get their hidden abilities, and their gender is randomized

+2 252 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 396-466 (55.4 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 SpA Mew Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 594-699 (83.1 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's the tier's premier special wall, folks.

On to more relevant stuff:

I can pretty much see two variations of the Nasty Plot set: the Psychic + Psyshock + Coverage one or the Psychic + 2 Coverage one. I think the former one breaks stall much more easily, but I digress.

Essentially, there are very few options that can actually check this Pokemon, including:
- Pyukumuku (barely a check since it OHKOs after Rocks, but if you don't have hazards on your side of the field, you can easily use Soak to basically remove his STAB)
- Sableye (a classic really. +2 D-Gleam will hurt a lot and Knock Off does jack squat)
- Mandibuzz (Same case. Can phase Mew out)
- AV Houndoom (ask playerw17 about this)
- AV Drapion/Skuntank (Poor man's Alo-Muk)

There are probably more, but the general consensus is that if you let Mew get to +2, you're guaranteed to lose a Pokemon (extrapolating the Blissey calculation above) unless you're Metang or something. Even then, you need to scout out its coverage move(s), which for NP Mew ranges widely: Giga Drain, Fire Blast, Aura Sphere, D-Gleam, Shadow Ball, etc.

My two cents.
I think Fire Blast and Dazzling Gleam should be the main options in Psychic+ 2 coverage, due to the amount of things it can hit. As for the Psychic+Psychock one... it is troublesome, since you will always miss something, but I think Aura Sphere may not be ideal due to the afforementioned Sableye and Psychic Types as a whole.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I mean, Genesis Supernova and terrain-boosted Psychic both hit even their resists hard enough that really the top priority is having coverage for Dark-type pokemon that are immune to your STABs. (Supernova does something stupid like 70% min to sdef Scizor at +2, for instance.) That means Aura Sphere or Dazzling Gleam is probably a necessity, but you have a fair bit of wiggle room outside of that.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Sorry for the double-post, but the third round of voting has just concluded.

For this round of voting, the Council focused on Azumarill, Bisharp, Breloom, Drizzle, Sharpedonite, Staraptor, Thundurus-Therian and Victini.

Of these, the following Pokemon were banned: Breloom and Thundurus-Therian.

Despite a mediocre Speed tier, Breloom's access to Spore and its potent dual-STAB combination make it one of the most difficult Pokemon to switch into in the tier. Teams that lack a Spore switch-in are almost always disadvantaged against Breloom, as it can nearly always guarantee a kill every game. Reliable answers to Breloom on offensive teams are scant, and typically limited to bulkier Grass-types such as Celebi. Nor does Breloom merely click Spore and die; with one of the most powerful priority attacks in the tier, an incredibly threatening STAB in Bullet Seed, and the ability to either nail most of its switch-ins with a powerful Technician-boosted Rock Tomb or boost its Attack with Swords Dance, Breloom can put a disproportionate amount of work into almost every game.

Thundurus-Therian was banned on the strength of its Electrium Z-boosted STAB, which has the raw power to break through resists and the bulkiest special walls in the tier after a Nasty Plot boost. Even bulky switch-ins such as Blissey, Amoongus and Latias are not safe after a Nasty Plot, as Gigavolt Havoc powers through all of them after only a small amount of chip. As such, Thundurus-T has become quite possibly the scariest wallbreaker in the tier. This same raw power also allows Thundurus-T to forgo other coverage, making a double dance set with both Agility and Nasty Plot a viable option to threaten both offense and stall. Finally, Thundurus-T is not restricted solely to Electrium-Z sets; other options such as Scarf and Agility + 3 attacks can punish offensive teams and make it even harder to check.

Tagging The Immortal for implementation. Thanks!

Sorry for the double-post, but the third round of voting has just concluded.

For this round of voting, the Council focused on Azumarill, Bisharp, Breloom, Drizzle, Sharpedonite, Staraptor, Thundurus-Therian and Victini.

Of these, the following Pokemon were banned: Breloom and Thundurus-Therian.

Despite a mediocre Speed tier, Breloom's access to Spore and its potent dual-STAB combination make it one of the most difficult Pokemon to switch into in the tier. Teams that lack a Spore switch-in are almost always disadvantaged against Breloom, as it can nearly always guarantee a kill every game. Reliable answers to Breloom on offensive teams are scant, and typically limited to bulkier Grass-types such as Celebi. Nor does Breloom merely click Spore and die; with one of the most powerful priority attacks in the tier, an incredibly threatening STAB in Bullet Seed, and the ability to either nail most of its switch-ins with a powerful Technician-boosted Rock Tomb or boost its Attack with Swords Dance, Breloom can put a disproportionate amount of work into almost every game.

Thundurus-Therian was banned on the strength of its Electrium Z-boosted STAB, which has the raw power to break through resists and the bulkiest special walls in the tier after a Nasty Plot boost. Even bulky switch-ins such as Blissey, Amoongus and Latias are not safe after a Nasty Plot, as Gigavolt Havoc powers through all of them after only a small amount of chip. As such, Thundurus-T has become quite possibly the scariest wallbreaker in the tier. This same raw power also allows Thundurus-T to forgo other coverage, making a double dance set with both Agility and Nasty Plot a viable option to threaten both offense and stall. Finally, Thundurus-T is not restricted solely to Electrium-Z sets; other options such as Scarf and Agility + 3 attacks can punish offensive teams and make it even harder to check.

Tagging The Immortal for implementation. Thanks!
Azu being suspected and not banned for a THIRD time....wow. Agree with all the suspects tho, and Victini cutting it close lol. Thundy-T and Breloom definitely deserved the ban hammer.

Thundurus-T being banned definitely opens up a hole in rain offense, I feel like prankster thundurus can help fill in that void. With breloom being gone we can start to see less team restrictions on spore switch-ins. With losing a major grass offensive user in this tier, though, we can see swampert getting better as a team player once again. Also, with thundy-T and Breloom both gone means Suicune just got a lot better again.
Another thing to add, is that through all these bans, pokemon like Alakazam, Slowbro, Swampert, Swellow, and Talonflame (to a lesser extent) could become game changers in this new February Meta. Also, with the new RBY transfers that give old gen 1 pokes new moves with their hidden abilities (from what I've been told) could be interesting as well.
Rain Offense, Choice Victini, Belly Drum Azumarill, Mega Sharpedo, Reckless Staraptor, and SD Bisharp are the most outstanding threats right now BUT, I also wouldn't underestimate Focus Sash/Life Orb Alakazam, Regenerator Slowbro, Specs Boomburst Swellow, Bulk Up Talonflame, Z-Mew, and Nasty Plot Salazzle. Suicune might also make a return due to how much slower this tier is becoming.

Last edited:

CBU

Banned deucer.
Ladies and gentlemen a big round of applause. With the last wave of bans offense has officially run out of ways to stop volt spam. Only immunities left are jolteon(lol) , flygon (even more lol) or the juicy swampert ho i ve been seeing lately that makes no sense. Also krook is trash rn and loses to everything.RIP offense!!!

or Zydoge, Hippo, Nidos, Gastrodon, Quagsire (stall), one of the 80 fast resistances, one of the 300 Pokemon that can tank and then threaten the opp, or a properly build HO team that will simply take advantage of the opp switching around.

What even uses Volt Switch now other than Raikou and Magneton? the most threatening Volt Switch user was Thundurus-T

edit: Gliscor too!!!

Thundurus-Therian out means Scarf Staraptor has a field day murdering nearly everything right now. No Mach Punch from Breloom is also pretty good news for it.

Also with the past bans i noticed UU lacks Dragon Dance mons. The best we have now is Feraligatr, with Haxorus and Flygon next (i feel Flygon is really underpowered though).
One that has a shot at being nice is Tyrantrum:

Tyrantrum @ Draconium Z/ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Evs: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Head Smash
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Good thing: it has a pretty powerful STAB on Head Smash that hits fairies for huge damage, so no need for Steel/Poison coverage. Draconium Z gives you a one-time 190 BP move that doesn't lock you and hits bulky ground mons for huge damage. EQ hits steel mons.
Lum Berry can also be used.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since the team I was using to ladder has just been invalidated by the Thundurus-Therian ban, I figured that now would be a good time to talk about some of the things I've been using and what I've seen on the ladder. A lot of ORAS staples have been very useful to me so far, so I'll discuss a few of them below.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Swampert has performed quite well in this meta, at least from my experience. It still provides the same sort of role compression it did in ORAS (this set provides a bulky Water-type, a bulky Ground-type, Stealth Rock, and phazing in a single slot) and its defensive stats and typing allow it to check plenty of Pokemon in this meta. Swampert provides a nice check to Mega Aerodactyl, various Rock-types, various Ground-types, and many other Pokemon that lose to it one-vs.-one. The introduction of Z-Moves make it harder for Swampert to do its job, but it's still very useful if the user can avoid being caught off guard by random Bloom Dooms. This meta contains a lot of fast, frail Pokemon that appreciate a sturdy check to Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Sharpedo, and Swampert is still very useful on bulkier builds for the same reasons it has been for years. It also has good synergy with common Pokemon like Scizor and various Flying-types.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 48 HP / 232 SpA / 8 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nasty Plot Celebi is a really underrated threat right now. This set beats most of the stall builds commonly seen on the ladder almost on its own. I ran enough Speed to beat Krookodile and enough HP to hit a Leftovers number (48 HP is something I've been using since ORAS and it actually changes some important rolls that I have since forgotten) and then dumped the rest into Special Defense. Hidden Power Fire is a cool way to get rid of Scizor for other teammates, but Celebi has many viable options in the last slot. Recover, an additional coverage move, Substitute, and Leech Seed are all options worth considering. In my personal experience, bulky pivot sets are very good right now. I haven't seen much of bulkier Nasty Plot sets, but I know people such as Hogg and Aquadext have used (or intend to test) such Celebi sets, so they may have more to share.

I was also going to talk about Choice Scarf Thundurus-T, but that got banned, so there's no point now. It was a good set because Thundurus-T had a good speed tier, a great deal of innate power, and the coverage to go with it.

Finally, I'll share the team I've been laddering with over the past couple of days and a replay that shows how it works and how Celebi and Swampert function as assets in this meta.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 48 HP / 232 SpA / 8 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

This offense team uses Nasty Plot Celebi to break down bulkier teams and makes use of VoltTurn from Thundurus-T and Scizor to bring in its frailer members for free. Swampert functions as the standard "Swampert offense" pivot that sets Stealth Rock and compensates for the difficulty switching into fast physical attackers that the rest of the team faces. Scizor serves as another pivot/"breaker"/revenge killer/utility Pokemon. I ran max Speed on it to beat stuff like Primarina, so that I could sack Scizor to remove its Choice Specs and make it easier to switch into later if I absolutely had to. The speed also lets me beat anyone dumb enough to not run max Speed on Breloom and Bisharp. Starmie clears hazards for the rest of the team, adds some nice Speed (Base 115 Speed is really valuable right now), and hits hard with Analytic. The rest of the team covers bulky Water-types well enough that I opted to forego Thunderbolt. Thundurus-T is the standard revenge killer, and Mega Aerodactyl is the same tired method of speed control I've used and abused almost since I started playing. I really like running four attacks in this meta since most of the teams I've used Mega Aerodactyl on have been fast-paced enough that I've never really needed Roost, and Earthquake and Pursuit are both valuable for different reasons.

Here is a replay that shows this team in action. It's not perfect for proving my point and I started off with a great matchup (Swampert and Celebi can put in massive amounts of work vs. Pearl's team right from Team Preview), but it should show the merits of these Pokemon and how well they can perform when used and supported properly. Sorry for putting you on the spot, Pearl, but I didn't remember to save any other replays vs. good players.

Last edited:
Thundurus-Therian out means Scarf Staraptor has a field day murdering nearly everything right now. No Mach Punch from Breloom is also pretty good news for it.

Also with the past bans i noticed UU lacks Dragon Dance mons. The best we have now is Feraligatr, with Haxorus and Flygon next (i feel Flygon is really underpowered though).
One that has a shot at being nice is Tyrantrum:

Tyrantrum @ Draconium Z/ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Evs: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Head Smash
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Good thing: it has a pretty powerful STAB on Head Smash that hits fairies for huge damage, so no need for Steel/Poison coverage. Draconium Z gives you a one-time 190 BP move that doesn't lock you and hits bulky ground mons for huge damage. EQ hits steel mons.
Lum Berry can also be used.
Even though it's in RU, you have Kommo-o as a Dragon Dancer

Not too surprised Thundy-T and Breloom were banned tbh. I am very surprised Victini barely dodged getting banned, I didn't know the council was borderline on whether or not it should go. Personally, with things like Latias and Keldeo in the tier, I don't feel like Victini is as good in this gen as it was in BW and BW2. Staraptor I feel will go next round along with Victini, as much as it breaks my heart to see them go.

Staraptor just got a whole lot better with Thundy T and Breloom gone. If people start using it, no doubt it'll get banned. Amazing STABs, priority, two great abilities, and useful stats to boot. With two offensive checks gone, I bet it'll be like how Serp wasn't banned, but all its counters were, so it went as well.

Victini might get banned due to the sheer power of V-Create and the ability to go Mixed, but I feel like Infernape does the mixed set better due to better speed and better STABs overall, but it does lack powerful moves like Victini (bolt strike, blue flare, etc).

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Thund-T wasn't shit for checking Double-Edge/Brave Bird, as it died to the former after rocks and the latter sank upwards of 50% damage. There's plenty of other things around that aren't afraid of being banned though that are much better checks given a proper prediction like pretty much every Steel-type (Empoleon, Magneton, Doublade, Aggron, etc.), Hippo, defensive variants of Rotom-H, Suicune... Not to say that I don't think Staraptor is a fucking scourge, but Thundurus-T's banning is not opening many more doors for it.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Sharpedonite brought up on the chopping block was... unusual imo. Anyways,

Breloom being banned did open a door for Bisharp since it doesn't have to worry about getting revenge killed by Mach Punch which is pretty nice. Never used Thundurus-T at all tbh, but Rain loses one of its stronger rain abusers. I can definitely see Water-types rising in usage (particularly bulkier ones that don't have to worry about being set-up bait for Breloom or Thundurus-T) like Swampert and Suicune that were brought up earlier on.

Overall, not surprised about the bans. Breloom only got better with the first 3 rounds of bans which eliminated a decent amount of counters and checks. As mentioned before, I never used Thundurus-T at all so I don't have an opinion on it but, it seemed pretty overpowering based on the description on why it got banned.

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
With Thundy-T & Breloom ban, rain are going to be insane.. Ladder is going to be painfull for sure.

Last edited:
please no hate ^^

Since everyone is spamming fast offensive teams, I decided to make a trick room team. I have built a trick room team and played with it on my alt on the high ladder (top~100). In my opinion, trick room is really good right now.

Nobody prepares for it in this fast metagame.

I will provide some tips for trick room in this post...

Trick Room Setters:

Physical Trick Room Abusers:

Special Trick Room Abusers:

There are way more setters and abusers but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Sample Team:
Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Toxic

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick Room

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Lunar Dance

Drampa @ Life Orb
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Roost

I wanted to build a trick room team based on Victini because it's a deadly monster right now, though, I ended up making a dark spam team. oopsie ^^.

Carbink is the suicide lead. Against taunt users or pokémon that can OHKO or 2HKO Carbink, use trick room first and then set up rocks. In other cases, set up rocks first and only then use trick room.

Bisharp + Crawdaunt are really good partners. Both weaken each other's switch-ins (mainly Keldeo) and are extremely threatening under Trick Room.

Victini makes a really good partner for both. It can somewhat take Fighting type attacks while Crawdaunt and Bisharp can somewhat take Ghost type attacks. Not only that, Victini sets up trick room for them and weakens if not kills their common switch-ins such as Hippowdon.

I wanted something that can take hits, set up trick room and heal up my really offensive team so I could play pretty aggresive with it. Cresselia was the obvious choice here lol.

My entire abusers were physical so I wanted a special wallbreaker. Drampa seemed like a really good option. Its coverage it fantastic - you don't know what to expect from it. It is really slow so it can outspeed min speed Araquanid under trick room (Araquanid gives some troubles to my team).

Have fun! Hope you enjoy it!
I played against this team before, Drampa was super annoying. I was running Sun and it came down to Sleep Powder LO Venusaur vs. Victini. It is a very effective team to say the least.

Everyone saying Electric is OP/has no viable mons left/Staraptor and Togekiss have no checks: Raikou still exists, and(somewhat ironivally) solves all of the above. Ta-da.
On a second note, Mew-clone spam could get pretty good. Mew goes Supernova, kills some stuff, and whoops, good luck dealing with a Victini who may still be in Psychic Terrain! Mega Absol may see a popularity surge due to being the only(?) Pursuit Trapper/Dark-Type as a whole who naturally outspeeds the Mew and the clones without a scarf.

Interesting to see a generation were Thundurus-T is more broken than Thundurus-I

Everyone saying Electric is OP/has no viable mons left/Staraptor and Togekiss have no checks: Raikou still exists, and(somewhat ironivally) solves all of the above. Ta-da.
On a second note, Mew-clone spam could get pretty good. Mew goes Supernova, kills some stuff, and whoops, good luck dealing with a Victini who may still be in Psychic Terrain! Mega Absol may see a popularity surge due to being the only(?) Pursuit Trapper/Dark-Type as a whole who naturally outspeeds the Mew and the clones without a scarf.
Thundurus-I still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)