SM UU SM UU Salazzle team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so, I'm fairly new to the competitive scene and I'm not sure what it can really even be classified as, I remember importing it a few weeks ago and it's worked out fairly well

1571373389670.png
1571373406789.png
1571373417258.png
1571373426964.png
1571373438778.png
1571373445986.png

So, basically the whole team is based around webbing and placing stealth rocks on the rival team, once the webs are there, Salazzle can outspeed a fairly large portion of the meta. I'm just gonna copy paste the moves and items here as if I were importing it

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Sticky FINGAAAAS web
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Healing Wish
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Sorry if I did something wrong while posting this, this is my first thread here lol
Thanks!

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Hello RedditorJoJo, this will get locked as you haven't put 3 lines of description for each pokemon, but I wanted to give some quick advice first. This would be fundamentally difficult to rate while only changing 3 pokemon, due to some general issues such as these, amongst many other things.

-> non-Mega Sharpedo and Archeops are both unviable in UU. As you aren't even using a mega evolution, a Mega Aerodactyl would just be 100% better on a team like this than Archeops as a rocker, as it's speed tier allows it to annoy pokemon such as Moltres and Zeraora that are serious problems for webs teams in UU. A mega sharpedo is also not really a good choice of mega on a webs team in genearl, compared to another such as mega altaria which can help patch up araquanid webs matchup vs zeraora, as at best it is just allowing you an easier time vs scarf hydreigon by not forcing you to get a +2 boost if you are adamant.

-> Galvantula is also unviable in UU, Araquanid is typically the go to webs setter in UU in general, I recommend reading it's analysis to understand why more, but it has an ability to not just serve as a lead but also as a wallbreaker with splash plate + water bubble boosted liquidations, while being hard to remove against and checking pokemon such as Mamoswine and Cobalion for your team. https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/araquanid/uu/

-> While shaymin is viable in UU, it is ranked for it's Z-celebrate set, which you unfortunately can't run with another z user. You also have no stall matchup on this team due to not having HP grass on salazzle (and even then Pyukumuku is commonplace on stall atm and walls it completely), while a Celebi would work nicely here as a stallbraeker that abuses Webs well, by making Scarf krookodile unable to revenge kill it.

-> While doublade is a perfectly viable pokemon in UU, it is less good as a spinblocker compared to Mimikyu on a webs team like this, and other Pokemon such as Bisharp and Mimikyu work so well on HO teams like these due to Bisharp being able to punish Pokemon for Defoggign away webs, while Mimikyu can spinblock and use disguise as an emergency revenge killer for lots of threatening pokemon, while Doublade offers the opportunity for defoggers such as Empoleon and Gligar to just remove your sticky webs, and as a spinblocker struggles a lot with Blastoise and offensive Starmie.

I recommend reading some of the RMTs written about Sticky Webs teams in UU, such as this one by vivalospride which explains in much more detail the roles of pokemon such as Celebi and Mega Altaria in his team, how he deals with certain threats, and has some replays to demonstrate how it plays https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tired-reflections-trash-viv-webs.3647799/, although it is before Mimikyu was released, as well as our Viability rankings thread to see what sort of pokemon work well in uu https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-uu-viability-ranking-thread-v3.3641346/.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)