Smash Pass Mawile team

Uh... hello, I guess? I'm a newbie to pokemon competitive battling, and anyway, this is my first team ever, so... please be gentle?
Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder
Sticky Web to help with Mawile horrible speed, also Volt Switch to maintain momemtum, Thunder and Bug buzz for some damage and avoid Taunt. Focus Sash for a guarantee Sticky Web?
Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
Well, nothing much to say here, the centre of my team. I suppose I could swap sword dance for brick break to get pass Heatran, since I don't use sword dance that much anyway?

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Whirlwind
Defog to remove Hazzard, especially Sticky web, and Stealth Rock is useful to break sturdy and sash. Also good at walling annoying ground type

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Scald
Smash Passer. Nothing much to say about her, except that sometimes I managed to pull a surprise kill again some unsuspecting Poke switch in after shell smash with scald

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
Drizzle for Swift swim. Also special tanker and some useful status, while help Skar and Maw deal with fire type with rain

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
Counter status, Dual screens for easier Smash Pass, deal with some Physical wall and in some case can recieve Smash pass buff to sweep if the enemy don't have Dark type?

Anyway, the most troublesome enemy I've met are scarf Garchomp and Scarf Rotom-W. Also, if I can't pass Sub to Mawile, Prankster status user can be annoying. Oh and Mega Venusaur can sometimes be annoying to.

In my experience smash passing gorebyss sounds better in theory than it ends up playing out, but it can work. One major thing this team is lacking is hydration vaporeon, which can pass subs, wishes, or even acid armor while keeping itself alive with the op rain/rest/hydration combo. I would replace either galvantula or skarmory (neither of whom enhance your baton pass chain) for bulky vaporeon. The other major change that needs to be made is swapping mawile for mega absol. Absol gives you magic bounce, which makes it extremely difficult to phase out (meaning use roar/whirlwind, which will end your sweep very quickly). A +2 absol will easily kill garchomp with sucker punch, and can handle venosaur with psycho cut.

Also, using dual screens+rain+smash pass= wayyyy too many turns of set up, especially when you don't have a taunt user to prevent your opponent from setting up in your face; in the amount of time it takes you to set up screens, rain, and smash pass (5) your opponent can easily pump a pokemon up to +6 attack, or +5 speed/attack, etc... Fortunately absol has priority (attacks does mawile), but most opponents will see the gorebyss smash pass coming a mile away and will do everything in their power to prevent it. Even with screens, gorebyss is frail as hell and will have an extremely hard time switching in and getting off a pass without just dying. Honestly you're probably better off giving gorebyss a focus sash and using a pokemon with memento to force a switch (and give you a "free switch").
Basically it would play something like this; you set up rain on toad, switch into a bulky memento user like uxie, be disruptive with him for a few turns, and then memento a couple turns before rain runs out. Gorebyss comes in for free, and the opponent will possibly switch after the memento, but even if he doesn't gorebyss is guaranteed to get off a shell smash with focus sash, and can then baton pass (assuming it is faster with swift swim, and opposing mon doesn't have a priority move). This is probably the best a smash pass team could hope for. I should point out, though, that smash pass, and baton pass in general, is a very difficult team to play properly and is really not recommended for beginners; it takes a lot of knowing when to pass, and exactly what to pass into. One mistake in a baton pass chain can easily spell gg!

well, most of the times I end up with only hazzards, rain and smash pass. The Espeon kinda just there to avoid Prankster, most of the times there's no time to set up dual screens anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)