Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about the scale. Lanturns only 2/3 the size of that sprite when it's scaled to the trainer sprite that wichu provided. Maybe he won't care.
Oh, that makes sense. Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding. Anyway, there actually IS a pinapple Pokemon: Ludicolo. Sort of. It's the closest you'll get.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
First pixel over Shaymin turned out horribly, I think I will stick with my Heracross dex -_-" Latest addition:

C + C appreciated ^_^

First pixel over Shaymin turned out horribly, I think I will stick with my Heracross dex -_-" Latest addition:

C + C appreciated ^_^

It's a green heracross with a flower on it's head. If you scratched the flower I wouldn't be able to have told what it was. Basically, needs moar Shaymin.

@Mordock: I am surprised you didn't take note of the 1500th post spot you hold now. Eh. Whatever.

@Everyone Else: Been working on my CAP9 sprite. Here's my most recent post, by the by.

Does this look any better? I tried to make the dirt look more natural and less like a "cairn" (as Solstice in the Spriting thread put it so well), and now it looks like it came out of the ground from an angle, and not drilling straight up.

Also, what do you guys think about the Shinies I have made? Should I use one of these (shown below), or create another few?

Sorry about them being the old poses, I hadn't made the new pose yet when I had made these. Thanks in advance.
Btw, I find it funny how I get all of my infractions from the CAP forums. Must be the adrenaline effecting my common sense. Meh. :/

Anyone care to help?
ever trace a picture? Same concept.

Xandzero2 I love the way u did the wrinkles on cap9. The only critique I have is move the shading on the top wrinkle up a bit so that it actually lines up with wrinkle, and add another pebble on the bottom right of the dirt so it makes a mound shape instead of a bar. I'm dropping out of the race, so win it for the spriting thread!

Ubers are awesome said:
Xatu looks like a good choice for this WSC
Even though Xatu is not, in fact, lame, I would totally enter Xanatu and pass it off as just an "upgrade". I'm just not sure about WSC polices regarding sprites not made specifically for the contest.

:)

Even though Xatu is not, in fact, lame, I would totally enter Xanatu and pass it off as just an "upgrade". I'm just not sure about WSC polices regarding sprites not made specifically for the contest.
Unfortunately, to my knowledge, those are banned. I see why, though. If you are a new spriter and have to work on it for every week, and all the experienced spriters are just posting up their tried and true SuperFusions, well, I know I, for one, would feel greatly gyped.

@Everyone Else: I think I've perfected my CAP9 Front Sprite. What do you guys think?
Okay, Cartoons!, I have tried to fiddle with it to make it look more Dugtrio. Added some dappling where it hits the ground, and fused the rocks to the main mound. I also added another rock in the back to make it look less like a bar and more natural (I'm lookin' at you, Canti. :)).

Then, I also thought of another way to make it even more natural: Make the dirt wrap around the entire thing. Duh. Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Currently I think I'm looking at my final Front, unless anyone else has any sugestions. So yeah, "Speak now or forever shut your piehole," or something like that. :)

C+C is highly smiled upon.

EDIT: Just remembered and fixed that wrinkle.:)

I also posted this in the CAP thread, but:

You were confused when people meant make it level.

To something along the lines of this:

But I don't really know what I'm doing. Basically, the bottom of your pile of dirt is like 10 degrees skewed. I've basically filled in (terribly) the bottom, so that it looks like the ground is parallel to the bottom of the screen.

I also posted this in the CAP thread, but:

You were confused when people meant make it level.

To something along the lines of this:

But I don't really know what I'm doing. Basically, the bottom of your pile of dirt is like 10 degrees skewed. I've basically filled in (terribly) the bottom, so that it looks like the ground is parallel to the bottom of the screen.
Does this look any better?

I'd say it looks much better.
I never got the time to say anything about your CAP sprite, so I'll say it know.
It's a good sprite. The only nitpicky thing I have to say is that the shading to me looks like the light source is off to the left, not the upper left. It's not much, and I wouldn't worry about it.
Man, this color is completely invisible.....Paint.NET can definitely do some cool stuff. I should probably try making something really cool in it, although most of the stuff I've made already (IMO) is pretty nice.

Looks good Canti. The yellow might need to be a bit darker.

Porygon, look alright? Obviously yet to resize it and stuff. Original is on the right.

:)

So, I am now done w/ my CAP9Front. I have thus moved on to the backsprites part. As some of you probably know... well... this is the first time I've even attempted a Backsprite. So any tips or pointers would be nice. So, here's the current Lineart. Please, tear me apart. :)

The hand is in a fist, for those of you wondering.

^So yeah, C+C is highly smiled upon.^

Original on the right, yet to resize again. Look ok? Waiting for feedback on Porygon too (ahaha pun, man that was horrible).

Also, I might do a different pose. Would people prefer the usual Porygon2, or this:

Original on the right, yet to resize again. Look ok? Waiting for feedback on Porygon too (ahaha pun, man that was horrible).

Also, I might do a different pose. Would people prefer the usual Porygon2, or this:

Well seeing as how this is a hack (if these are for Wichu, if not you're good), the sprite should be faced the other way so it looks at the opponent, but other than that its good!

Well seeing as how this is a hack (if these are for Wichu, if not you're good), the sprite should be faced the other way so it looks at the opponent, but other than that its good!
Yeah I'm yet to actually modify it or anything, just getting the lines checked.

The colouring will probably fail epicly, but I'll try. Also, which pose do you reckon would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)