Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good day sirs, I have returned from a week without internet!

Relatively pleased with Tentacool and Toxicroak, the others are shading abominations and Kangaskhan is probably too big? I also did a Claydol but forgot to save it in my haste to add to the Wobbudex:

I think these are obvious enough to avoid me having to explain them.

C+C please :D

There's a square of shine on Toxicroak's bulb that looks rather unnatural. I think you should make it a little more spherical.

I don't think Kangaskhan is too big. He's 7 feet+ tall.

Just posting so people here can get used to my new name!
Bitch diaf... I liked your old one, but i guess this shorter...

Anyways, what do you guys think of this, its one of my first sprites, for WSC 11. Pretty much you have to get a awesome looking pkmn and make them look lame.

C+C

Did you resize that? Because it looks really blurry as if it was a JPEG. Resizing pixel work without using the correct software is basically the same as saving it as a JPEG, it creates color artifacts and destroys the color palette and pixel placement.

Thanks, and yeah i did resize, i did a little to the flowers (around waste) and hat thing, and alot to the flowers on the shoulders. I have Photoshop CS4 so i thought it would turn out good...

Alchemator, those pixel-overs are pretty good. My only problem is Kangaskhan, because it just seems too bright. You should make your base color a little darker. Other than that, amazing.

All I can say is

mine's better. :)

Unfortunately, this was done in either May or June, aka, beforehand, and is thus banned. :(

Been eatin' myself sick on the many pounds of candy that I bought, instead of spending all that time and effort to walk from door to door and ask for candy.
Got major sugar hangover, too. Hershey bars and peanut butter cups are irresistable. Also, I picked up slight food poisoning from somewhere. Nearly threw up, and I had a terrible stomache.
FFIII and KH: 358/2 days have been eating away at my time.....waaaaay to fun.

I need to make a sprite....I should scratch something amazing using paint.NET.

My first attempt at spriting (a recolor of Starmie)...turned out pretty well IMO. C+C is welcome!

I know the base coors I picked arent that great -_-

My first attempt at spriting (a recolor of Starmie)...turned out pretty well IMO. C+C is welcome!

I know the base coors I picked arent that great -_-
First, save as a PNG. That's the best file type for sprites, as JPG tends to distort the image somewhat and BMP has larger file size and some image hosting sites convert it to JPG.

As for the recolor, the bright red and blue do clash a bit, but you did a good job considering it's your first, since you actually recolored the outline. Sometimes beginners forget to do that.

First, save as a PNG. That's the best file type for sprites, as JPG tends to distort the image somewhat and BMP has larger file size and some image hosting sites convert it to JPG.

As for the recolor, the bright red and blue do clash a bit, but you did a good job considering it's your first, since you actually recolored the outline. Sometimes beginners forget to do that.
Thanks, but I did save it as a PNG. Anything else that could be affecting it?

I got inspired to attempt my own first re-color/type change. Dark Perisan

Not very artistic, but hey I'm not an artist. Fun to do ;-)

Hi Smogon! XD (Wow, my first post methinks :P Maybe 2nd...) I've been spriting on Pe2k for a while so i think i might showcase some of my sprites here.
First some crit tho.
@ Reaver12: Most important lesson you will ever learn for spriting - always save as a .PNG file type. Otherwise, its alright. It could be the file type, but it seems to lack tonal shading, which gives it a dull flat look.
@ Game: It is a .PNG, but the colours are of very high contrast. Good recolour though, you can only get better (:

And now for some of mine:
and...

Comments and criticism appreciated! :D

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
They look good, but the thing on Espeon's head seems too large, as does the 'wind ribbon' beside it otherwise it's great!

:)

The lamification process is nearing its completion! Behold, Buckwheat!

How embarrasing it it to have arms with absolutely no flexibility and are only six inches long? Especially when five out of six of those inches are all in the hand. ;)

So yeh, what I did was shorten his arms and legs for humor puposes, gave it an Ampharos head (since they look sooooo dopey), Electrode eyes, Buckteeth, and a horrible plaque buildup. Also changed its claws into bottlecap/letter openers. I plan on making it look even more dopey, but I thought I could post this up to get any other Lamifying ideas.

So yeah, C+C is highly smiled upon.^

@Tanz: I can color it if you're uncertain about the shading. Very nice lineart, btw. Kudos to you. ~Steven ;)

EDIT: Now with more Buckwheat!

@Tanz: I can color it if you're uncertain about the shading. Very nice lineart, btw. Kudos to you. ~Steven ;)
I'll give it a shot myself, but if mine fails go for it. Your picture fails by the way (which, I assume, is what you're wanting to hear).

Also I'm doing the Duskull and Exeggcute lines next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)