Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I meant idea for a different dex. I might try a few for Spinda and a few for Skitty or something and whichever one is easier I'll go for since I'm still a noob spriter lol. Artifloono is also really fun to say so woooo for me.

Zorulpix looks really cool. Maybe for the aura try a grayish blue color? Might not go well but it's worth a shot. I just really like blue lol.

I'll edit some sprites into this post in a few.

edit: HOMESLICE MY HOMIE that was really bad but heeeey. I remember you I think! That sprite looks killer.

:O Nice! Gives me FFX-bahamut vibes. On the topic of the sig, just keep it and say it's meant to be ironic and/or overdramatic on purpose. It made me laugh, at any rate.

Anyway, here's more of my crap! Hoorah.

Gotta do something with volcaloon's (or volcaloona's) markings... all blue looks crap, I don't want it entirely white bodied... and the one I settled on looks pretty iffy. Maybe I need to make it a more fur-like divide. /shrug. Dugloon for 'loon president.

Tried with a blueish cloud... it looked pretty awful, so I decided to desaturate the orange/yellow instead. Think it needs some more desaturation, but I'm happier with this one than the original.

banner

ok, i'm not that good at sprites, and this might not even be considered sprite "work" but its pretty cool. if someone wants these uploaded separately to use in there signature (mods only i guess) then i will.

note: only for use on smogon.com

sand teams, rain teams, sun teams, hail teams, and fog teams ha ha

I think that should go in the avatar/banner/signature/whatever it is thread since you didn't make your own spritework, just put pre-made sprites on a background with (non-pixel art) decorations.

On another note, I tried making some sprites for the Skitty and Spinda dexes, and to put it simply, they looked like crap. SO! Instead of doing that I decided to make a simple fusion of a few of my favorite Pokemon (Rotom, Spinda and Ralts) for practice, and will probably make more of these instead. I quite like how it turned out even though it looks a bit like Smoochum. Is that good or bad? You decide.

I like it, though it seems to have some sort of halo-like thing around its head that looks a bit out of place (possibly the rotom shield)? The body might be better off having its colours inverted as well, to make it look a bit more unified with the head. Dunno! Kind of reminds me of the tube kid trainer sprites. Too bad about the dex though, ;-;.

Anyway... now for more of my dex spam. Go go gadget 'loons!

Decided I'm never going to get volcaloona looking decent so I'm just going to stick with this.

Can someone please make a avatar with sableye in it and it should say the (prankster is back.) under a nice pic of sableye. If someone does this then they are awesome.

Hello, my name is Biolizard1. I am a YouTube Pokémon Battler and the link to my channel can be found in my signature. I'm not posting here because I want to advertise my channel, but I post here because I have a request for all smogon artist. I would like to start a Podcast on YouTube concerning the YouTube community. I will not discuss Metagame-related stuff, because I leave that part to Smogon who is the best at that. For my Podcast I would like to have a background to post as an icon on iTunes and as a background when posting the podcast on YouTube (such as the Koffing that Smogon is using). Anyone who is willing to make me this single background/graphic can always contact me through YouTube or Smogon (you can send me a PM). I would be very thankful and the winner will get a shoutout at my channel and some other channels who will be the co-hosts of my podcast. I hope to hear of anyone really soon, kind regards, Sam.

I would like to request a banner similiar to one I made

But with the pokemon Cinccino, mismagius, starmie, lucario, chansey, gliscor, scizor, and chandelure. I actually found the artwork on google tbh so the banner makes me look better than I really am lol. Also I would prefer the dimensions to be 728 wide and 200 long. The words would be:

Freefaller
FC:1764-3095-9733

Obviously bigger and with a color that would contrast from the background. I hope this isn't too much to ask for but if anyone could do it I would be eternally grateful! ;)

Edit: Also if you want to this could you VM me since I'll forget about this thread lol

Recolors. messing around with WSC and got sidetracked.
EDIT: possible entry for WSC. what do you guys think? obviously not transparent background yet.

Recolors. messing around with WSC and got sidetracked.
EDIT: possible entry for WSC. what do you guys think? obviously not transparent background yet.
Hmmmmmmmmm. The concept is good, but the coloring is a bit off-setting. Have you tried a darkish-grey color scheme? ie, like a combination of the two?

ALSO!

My idea for WSC :D

Two completely opposite rivals; 1 unified body. C&C anyone?

Could someone please draw something like this
well i think it should be a bipedal wolf (two feet two arms) with a lightning bolt like mane runing down its spine. its claws like bolts. A real wolf like mouth with blood red eyes. its main colour should be this but a lot darker and the mane a yellow with with dark points. it should also have yellow stripes running around the fur.

the discription should be like: It hunts with unrivaled precision deep in forests. Its mane attracts thunderclouds which power it's attacks. It lives alone.
We are trying to stay away from zoroak's looks but it'll be okay if their is some resemblance. Thanks in advance.

If you need more explaining I will happily describe it more.

thanks. heres kyurem's colors:

and heres another idea.

EDIT: any diglettdex requests? Right now im working on Giratina, Gothitelle, Hydreigon, and will be doing Kyurem, Lickilicky, Magikarp, Marowak, Mewtwo, Mismagius, Muk, Reshiram, Reuniclus, Sableye, and Zekrom.

pretty good, especially for virtually incompatible pokemon. Meanwhile, heres my updated DiglettDex in Alphabetical order:

WATS WRONG WITH THIS ONE?
I like Hydreigon the best, and not just because its my favorite pokemon. Mismagius got derped so you get a white ackground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)