Smogoff CAP - Next Phase TBC (current progress in post #506)

would you like to do a stats stage (don't be a dick and vote for both yes and no)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
The obviously and objectively best typing for this horse is clearly Steel/Steel. Now, you may be thinking, how the fuck can a Pokémon be the same type twice? Well, put simply.... uh.... shut up, it just works. Now allow me to explain why Steel/Steel is at minimum 10x better than all typings ever to exist.

1. It’s unique and unexpected

2. Who doesn’t love the taste of fresh copper?

3. Two times immune to poison. Actually, I have no idea what that means but it sounds special.

4. Horses LOVE steel (trust me on this one).

5. 4x steel STAB? I think? Steel/Steel sounds pretty STABby to me but I’m not sure.

Now, you may be thinking, these are still terrible reasons. You’d be right, but also I don’t care. Have a nice day.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I’d like to propose Normal/Normal as our typing.

Now, you may ask: what are the potential benefits and drawbacks to this typing?

Benefits include a 4x Fighting weakness (a horse should be non-confrontational), a double immunity to Ghost (a horse should never be afraid), and double STAB on Normal-type attacks (a horse should have great neutral coverage).

Drawbacks include being too innovative, too well thought out, and too powerful. Though some may argue that these drawbacks should disqualify a Normal/Normal horse, others may say that these drawbacks balance our horse against its extremely powerful benefits.

Thank you very much for considering my submission.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So with regards to typing, I think a lot of the discussion here misses a key point. Humans are really great with typing thanks to programs like Mavis Beacon and Type to Learn, but an issue arises in the fact that humans gain a distinct typing advantage from being able to use 10 fingers, whereas horses just have hooves. If we want this project to be competitively viable, we need to look into options to supplement the horse's manual dexterity. I suggest giving it something like this:
1614210226572.png

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
balloon hands are nice bc they will allow the horse to get a height advantage as well as manual dexterity

however, they do risk diluting our pure normal horse concept

for this reason i propose we instead just put our horse upstairs, with access to a window

this way, it's still just a horse, but it keeps its height advantage, and benefits from visual information via the window's sightlines

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
balloon hands are nice bc they will allow the horse to get a height advantage as well as manual dexterity

however, they do risk diluting our pure normal horse concept

for this reason i propose we instead just put our horse upstairs, with access to a window

this way, it's still just a horse, but it keeps its height advantage, and benefits from visual information via the window's sightlines
those are sticky hands, you fool!

No-one seems to be interested in the racehorse possibility, so here goes:

Submitting Ice Fighting/Ground

1. It's one of the most reliable typings imaginable. You can't go wrong with something as dependable as that.
2. With this typing, we get a normal, reliable workhorse.
3. We switch into Lando-T so that automatically makes us good.
4. Also we can :insert polljump here: later.
5. Our horse will be reliable and strong.

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
okay dokie Posters, it's time to vote on our horsie's typing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this poll will collate all the types that have been suggested since we chose it, so that "final submissions" post was actually a lie.

also i've cut out some of the more repetitive ones. this was based entirely on my subjective opinions. please direct any complaints to the vm wall of smogon user: chaos.*

here they are:

Steel/Steel
Dark/Fighting
Dragon
(from user: I Am The Impostor's list of "scary types")
Normal (aka "normal horse")
Water/Dark (kelpie)
Grass/Fire
Normal/Ghost
Water/Poison
("based on piss")
Fairy/Flying
Electric/Normal
("Secretariat")
Flying/Grass
???-type
Fighting/Ground

that's still a lot of types!!!!!!!! good golly.

vote for up to 3 types (but you can do less if you like!!!!!! feel free). it would be a higher number but dear christ we're going to be here forever anyway. my hope is to get this done in 2 votes if possible but uh. we'll see.

as ever, you have 1 week. get voting!

*please do not actually complain about me on chaos's wall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)