Smogon 4th Annual Secret Santa Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went on a different route when deciding what to give my recipient, I went looking through his post history first

He's into cartoons and I remembered that during a relatively long period of time his title said "Watch the Owl House", so I watched a few episodes and went throught it's wiki looking for a character that looked or acted like a pokemon of one of his stated favorite typings Fighting, Dragon or Dark, and that that pokemon had some competitive legitimacy as he stated that's what he prefered
I settled for a three eyed recurring antagonist with red hair by the name of Boscha due to the fact that Weavile's jewel reminds me of a third eye and both Weavile's shiny coloration and it's pokedex entries also fit with the character

Since Weavile no longer learns Knock Off in S&S I went into my copy of Ultra S and started an S.O.S chain with a Sneasel until I found a shiny female, I took her to the tutor, teached her Knock Off, nicknamed her Boscha, and transfered her
Once in gen VIII I ev trained her, teached her Triple Axle, candied her to lvl. 100, gave her 2 bottle caps in her Defence and Special Defence due to all her other stats been perfect, and since Weavile's hidden abilty does nothing since it should always be holding a Choice Band anyway I didn't bother with the Ability Capsule

I don't know if pokemon4eva actually liked my gift but he certainly seemed excited about the Owl House reference

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fun idea! My my giftee was holydarkrai25, I took their favorite type (Fairy), favorite region (Alola), favorite Pokéball (Love), and their preference for Pokémon (cute and powerful) and decided to breed them a shiny Mimikyu in a Love Ball.

I RNG’d a custom save file on Ultra Moon to have the TID of 122520 (i.e. 12/25/2020) and then RNG’d a 31.31.31.0.31.31 Adamant Mimikyu egg on a different save file to have a TSV that matched the TSV of the 122520 save file. Then I hatched it, raised it to level 100, and gave it a competitive moveset.

They also said they like nicknames, so I nicknamed it “Akodessewa” after the Akodessewa Market in Lomé, Togo, a hub for the sale of Voodoo artifacts and medicines.

Since I'm a pretty foresighted person, I've imagined which Pokemon I could've give to each participant, and fortunally, gaarasword was one for whom I'd a clear idea.

Like many of you I guess, my gift idea was based on my pairing's tastes. gaarasword likes dark, steel and water types, the Kalos region, luxury ball powerful Pokemon, and likes playing Pokemon competitivly. But the main detail that determined my choice was... his nickname. For a person with these tastes and whose pseudo is gaarasword, I had to breed an Aegislash.

Since I don't know how to RNG, I started with this state of mind: I'll try to get a shiny Honedge with good IVs, during entire days if necessary. If I got it, good, if not, too bad, he'll got, at the very least, a regular Aegislash.

Fortunally, I got a perfect shiny Honedge on the same day I've started to breed his gift. I trained it, named it Kusanagi, like the legendary japanese sword, because gaarasword doesn't mind having his Pokemon nicknamed.

All this to say, I did the right thing because it's one of my partner's favourite Pokemon.

Last edited:
My recipient said that Water's their favorite type, their favorite color is blue, and that their nature is calm. I thought to myself that typically in media snipers are calm and Inteleon is a Water type with the ability Sniper. I was fortunate enough to hatch three Shiny Sobble during the past year. I decided to train one up and give it the Max Soup. Doing so allowed me to save some time due to my hectic work schedule during the holidays.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
[...] So could we have a thing where we all explain what our thought process and hardships we faced into making the gift come to be? I think it'd be pretty neat"
Right after TyVip informed me that my giftee was Drekt, I checked which were their preferences and went for a double gift that could be of his liking + that could be actually useful and put immediately to use in Ranked battles. I thought about Kantonese Weezing (his favourite region is Kanto), so I RNG'd one in Gen 4 with the best Calm spread available (31/00/31/31/31/31) and caught it in a Master Ball for the purple color match. :D As I always ribbon my Pokémon before transferring them to Gen 8, I ribboned it and then proceeded to nickname it on Gen 8 (I also always nickname my Pokémon, and they did like nicknames as well); In the end, as Kantonese Weezing is partly based on meteorites, I chose the nickname "Hoba" which is a reference to the Hoba meteorite, an ataxite iron meteorite whose mass is estimated at more than 60 tonnes and therefore is the largest known intact meteorite in the world. Here's Weezing info:

"Hoba"
CHRIS - 09881 | Sinnoh (Platinum)
Calm nature
31 | 00 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
252 HP / 20 Def / 4 SpA / 156 SpD / 76 Spe
Will-O-Wisp | Sludge Bomb | Taunt | Protect

Ribbons:

In the past Secret Santa editions, I've usually always gifted more than one Pokémon, and since Kantonese Weezing is used in a specific VGC strategy alongside Regigigas, I thought about gifting him a special Regigigas as well! While I personally run a VGC set on my non-shiny Regigigas, I thought getting my Shiny Regigigas ready for them with the specific VGC set would have been way cooler (I went with Heavy Ball too, which is Gen 7 and 8 exclusive on Regigigas). Then again, the Regigigas was ribboned and nicknamed, here is the reference: https://breakblade.fandom.com/wiki/Delphine. Here is Regigigas info:

"Delphine"
Chris - 828229 | Alola (Ultra Moon)
Adamant nature
31 | 31 | 31 | xx | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Giga Impact | High Horsepower | Ice Punch | Protect

Ribbons:

As you can see below, they were very happy with the gift!

Cattura.PNG

If you want to know more/deepen some aspects of this strategy, you can also click here (in italian, but it gives the idea)

That's all for me, folks, happy holidays and see you next year!

(=^-ω-^=)

So my turn. On Christmas, my good friend FrenchGaudi dm me asks if he can be in the Secret Santa. The signup is closed, but in the spirit of Christmas, I become his santa, and he is also my Santa. So not Secret anymore :p

Gaudi three favorite things are Sinnoh, Moon Ball, and KPOP.
So I go with this beauty

Karina
Modest Torrent Empoleon
♀
Holding a Festival Plaza Ticket

Unique Copy, there is only one Karina the Empoleon with my OT
  1. aespa is a South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment. The group consists of Karina, Giselle, Winter and Ningning.​
  2. Karina is the Leader of the group​
  3. Empoleon is based off of an emperor penguin. So Karina the Empoleon = Queen of Kpop​
  4. Festival Plaza Ticket to mimic KPOP concert​
Here is their debut music video if ya want to take a look

Last but not least. Me! As a reward to the amazing gift TyVip offered me I opt to do the same. One unique copy with my OT. A set kinda "étonnant" and after 1489 eggs a got his beauful shiny Square ...

Umbreon!

His favourite color? Black
Type of ball? Moon
Region: Johto
He also likes to play at Final Fantasy XIIIV...

It was under my nose as we way in french, the ONLY beautiful black shiny is Umbreon in Johto region since...well... It's the only.

notcali shiny (2).PNG

Limsa
Calm Inner Focus (HA) Umbreon
Holding Fairium Z

Final Fantasy is a multiplayer video games developped by Square Enix, it was originally launched in 1987 (!) by Hironubu Sakaguchi in Japan. It's one of the favorite franchise of TyVip, if not, he plays a lot haha as I saw on discord.
Limsa is a city surrounded by water (blue favourite color of Ty) and pirates. Originally destined to be a poison type, Umbreon fits the team pretty well.
Limsa was hatched at the Altar Of The Moone the 1rs January 2021. A new year with hope.

Unique Copy, there is only one Limsa the Umbreon with my OT a.k.a Fielsko.

See you next year!

TWICE.PNG

The last secret santa gift for Nol

Nol three favorite things are Unova, Heavy Ball, and LITWICK.
So I go with this beauty

Nol
Naive Flash Fire Litwick
♂

Unique Copy, there is only one Nol the Litwick with my OT
Hope everyone enjoys things they have
If you still haven't gotten a gift, pm me. If you want the delibird/cryogonal, pm me

Last edited:
3rd secret santa sub gift for Lionyx

1. Brave, Heavy Ball, Flying Type, Green Color are their favorite
  2. Unfortunately not square since i want to get it done as soon as possible since Lionyx has been waiting for their gift
  3. Xenlon is name after a Dragon Quest dragon, and it is Lionyx's avatar
  4. Lionyx has all the proof of hatching

Xenlon
Brave (Jolly Minted) Intimidate Litwick
♂

Holding An Ability Patch
Unique Copy, there is only one Xenlon the Salamence with my OT

Last edited:
  • What are your favorite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) :i like grass, ghost, and psychic!
  • What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : i personally like pkmn black/white
  • What is your favorite type of Pokéball? : definitely safari ball
  • What is your favorite color? : green! (more specifically jade)
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon?: i like when they collide!
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : lonely
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I don't like fighting type designs
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : casually
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : like rayquaza-raekazza
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : lets go and s/m ultra
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : in swrd/shld
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN on your 3DS (if applicable)? :
  • What is your Friend Code (you can leave this blank) and your IGN on your Switch (if applicable)? :

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
  • What are your favorite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) :i like grass, ghost, and psychic!
  • What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : i personally like pkmn black/white
  • What is your favorite type of Pokéball? : definitely safari ball
  • What is your favorite color? : green! (more specifically jade)
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon?: i like when they collide!
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : lonely
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : I don't like fighting type designs
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : casually
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : like rayquaza-raekazza
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : lets go and s/m ultra
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : in swrd/shld
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN on your 3DS (if applicable)? :
  • What is your Friend Code (you can leave this blank) and your IGN on your Switch (if applicable)? :
Sorry to disappoint, but this was for 2020's Secret Santa gift exchange, not 2021's (you're about a month and a half late or 10 months early).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)