Smogon 4th Annual Secret Santa Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your favorite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Fire, Normal, and Fairy
What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Johto forever!
What is your favorite type of Pokéball? : Fast Ball
What is your favorite color? : Red
Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Cute pokemons!
If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Mild lol
Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Zubat
Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Casually
Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Nope!
Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three?
: S/M and Sw/Sh
Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : S/M and Sw/Sh
What is your Friend Code and your IGN on your 3DS (if applicable)? : Chansey | 3884-1692-6939
What is your Friend Code (you can leave this blank) and your IGN on your Switch (if applicable)? : Chen | 0482-7789-1301

RachelTheFictionkin

Banned deucer.
Yay!
  • What are your favorite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Rock, Fighting, Fire
  • What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Galar Region, Sword/Shield
  • What is your favorite type of Pokéball? : Safari Ball
  • What is your favorite color? : Black
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Powerful
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Quirky
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Eldegoss, Ice Type, Repeat Ball
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Both
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : Sword/Shield
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : Sword/Shield
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN on your 3DS (if applicable)? : N/A
  • What is your Friend Code (you can leave this blank) and your IGN on your Switch (if applicable)? : SW-0417-2100-2059 - RachelKin

Hope this works. XD
  • What are your favorite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Fairy, Dark, Fire
  • What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? :Alola
  • What is your favorite type of Pokéball? :Love Ball
  • What is your favorite color? :Miami Blue
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Can it be both(Cute if not)
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? :Jolly
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike :Beast Ball
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? :I'm looking into competitive
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? :Just started nicknaming them but yes
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? :USUM
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? :USUM
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN on your 3DS (if applicable)? :0920-7010-1246
  • What is your Friend Code (you can leave this blank) and your IGN on your Switch (if applicable)? :

• What are your favorite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : Psychic, water, fire
  • What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : SWSH
  • What is your favorite type of Pokéball? : Any except quick balls
  • What is your favorite color? :Blue
  • Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? Powerful
  • If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Adamant
  • Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Bug
  • Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Competitive
  • Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yep
  • Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : SWSH/ LGE (if compatible with SWSH)
  • Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : SWSH/ LGE
  • What is your Friend Code and your IGN on your 3DS (if applicable)? : N/A
  • What is your Friend Code (you can leave this blank) and your IGN on your Switch (if applicable)? : Uptight12345 (SWSH/ LGE) LuckyIdiot (profile)

Alright folks, sign up is closed. Bluepanther is the last person

The next step, watch out for my DM about who will be your Recipients, so you can get started on their gift.

They should at the latest arrive before 6 pm PST 12/15 pm, so you will have 10 days to work on them. Have fun

By now, EVERYONE should receive a message from me about who is their recipient is. If you don't, please let me know

Have fun

Lastly, if there is a emergency that prevent you from completing the gift, please let me know right away and I will sub in.

Count me in :)

What are your favorite Pokémon types? (list up to 3!) : But, Fire, Water
What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Hoenn and Platinum, respectively
What is your favorite type of Pokéball? : Heavy and Love
What is your favorite color? : Red and Black
Do you prefer cute or powerful Pokémon? : Cute
If you were a Pokémon, what would be your nature? : Quiet
Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Not a fan of the Timburr line or Hyper Trained mons
Do you prefer to play Pokémon competitively or casually? : Both
Do you like nicknames for your Pokémon? : Yes
Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : Ultra Sun and Moon
Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : Only able to gift in gen 6 or 7, as I only have a 3ds
What is your Friend Code and your IGN on your 3DS (if applicable)? :
FC is 1950-8149-3966 and IGN is Cheila in gen 7

Edit: Bummer, sign ups are closed.

RachelTheFictionkin

Banned deucer.

What is your favorite Pokémon region or game? : Hoenn and Platinum, respectively
Name a Pokémon, a typing or a Pokéball you dislike : Not a fan of the Timburr line or Hyper Trained mons
Would you want your gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : Ultra Sun and Moon
Are you able to gift in Let's Go, (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield, or what combination of the three? : Only able to gift in gen 6 or 7, as I only have a 3ds
I think you need to read the previous posts. Sign-ups are closed now.

Edit: Bummer, sign ups are closed.
how about this (two options for you)

1. you pick one of the request in here (any one of your choosing), and you fulfill it. On Christmas day, you wonder trade that pokemon away, then post a picture of what you receive on the 25th

2. you are on stand by as a Substitute Secret Santa (so whomever can't make it you would fill in for them)

If you fulfill 1, then I would also give you "Santa Vip" the delibird. If you become a sub then you would also receive it. If you don't become a sub and don't do #1, you won't get it. Sound fair?

Last edited:
how about this (two options for you)

1. you pick one of the request in here (any one of your choosing), and you fulfill it. On Christmas day, you wonder trade that pokemon away, then post a picture of what you receive

2. you are on stand by as a Substitute Secret Santa (so whomever can't make it you would fill in for them)

If you fulfill 1, then I would also give you "Santa Vip" the delibird. If you become a sub then you would also receive it. If you don't become a sub and don't do #1, you won't get it. Sound fair?
I'll gladly do 1 and also be on stand by to substitute whoever needs it.

RachelTheFictionkin

Banned deucer.
Just want to check in and say there are 4 days left until the Exchange Begins, hope everyone is doing okay

For my part, Santa Vip is hatched and is now in Training Period

I got a donation from BlackoutSLM which I will also be distribute alongside Santa Vip if you choose so

Crystalline
I will update the rest (TID/SID/IVs) on the main page​
I'm doing alright! I have my gift, just need to train it and it will be ready to give out on Christmas! :)

Just want to check in and say there are 4 days left until the Exchange Begins, hope everyone is doing okay

For my part, Santa Vip is hatched and is now in Training Period

I got a donation from BlackoutSLM which I will also be distribute alongside Santa Vip if you choose so

Crystalline
I will update the rest (TID/SID/IVs) on the main page​
Doign alright too, my gift is ready for 1 week and I'll be ready to give it for Christmas.

Just for saying we might have 1 day late, since my partner won't be able to trade until Saturday.
yeah it's fine, the reveal is on the 25th, then you guys arrange a time to trade it (ofc not everyone will be available on the 25th, some might have vacation and such)

Some places are already the 25th, and some places are getting closed to the 25th

So, Merry Christmas to everyone, hope everyone has a safe Christmas with family and friends. Here are the pairings

First off, these will be available starting tomorrow (I will be busy throughout the day however), so feel free to dm/pm me a time to pick it up (Indefinite time limit, so you can dm me a month from now and still be able to pick them up :D)

Santa Vip
Adamant | Hustle | Delibird
♂
EMs: Fake Out, Ice Shard, Destiny Bond, Drill Peck
Gen 7 & 8 Move: Present
OT: TyVip | ID: 381316
Level 100, PP Max on Present
If you receive it in Gen 8, it will have Level 10 Dynamax
This will be a clone

Fully Ribbon in Gen 7

BlackoutSLM's Crystalline
Modest | Levitate | Cryogonal

OT: Azurite | ID: 810577
Level 1 in Gen 7
Level 100 in Gen 8
The Pairing, You are now free to contact those for whom you got your gift, and set up a trading time!

SpiritGuy was gaarasword 's Santa
Fludude was Kucanine 's Santa
Lionyx was Christian 's Santa
Tatertot was holydarkrai25 's Santa
Kucanine was Rain Moon 's Santa

Nol was Bobbyzchoo 's Santa
Bobbyzchoo was SpiritGuy 's Santa
gaarasword was captainbup 's Santa
ChoiceScarfed was Milak 's Santa
Chillick Cinza 's Santa
fungusamongus was Hare_vs_Tortoise 's Santa
Egor was fungusamongus 's Santa
Nova_Apollo was Tatertot 's Santa
pokemon4eva was Chillick 's Santa
Cinza was Egor 's Santa
Milak was ilovechansey 's Santa
Von Marshtomp was RachelTheFictionkin 's Santa
JoJonaseh was Nova_Apollo 's Santa
Drekt was Fludude 's Santa
Christian was Drekt 's Santa
captainbup was Rapti 's Santa
Rain Moon was JoJonaseh 's Santa
Hare_vs_Tortoise was Von Marshtomp 's Santa
Rapti was pokemon4eva 's Santa
ilovechansey was ChoiceScarfed 's Santa
RachelTheFictionkin was Bluepanther512 's Santa
holydarkrai25 was Nol 's Santa. Nol you will have to pick it up from me since holydarkrai does not have a Switch. Done by me
Bluepanther512 was Lionyx 's Santa

Last edited:
^ This is for Gen 8 Folks only, If you want the pokemon in gen 7 that we will have to do Festival Plaza trade

There are two ways to get Santa Vip and Cryatalline

1. Link Trade: we arrange a time then input in 8 digits code. The cons is we both have to be available at the same time

2. GTS Trade: Deposit pokemon on GTS asking for a Level 100 Delibird and a Level 100 Cryogonal, then dm/pm me on Smogon or through my Discord TyVip#5029 the Pokemon that you deposit, along with the information, then I will deposit it for you.

I always have my phone on me, but I don't always have my switch

Nova_Apollo gave me a really cool idea. Exact quote

"The gift that I received had an insane amount of thought put into it to make it the best as possible, and i also put a ton of it into mine to make sure the recipient would enjoy it as much as possible, and I'm sure we were not the only ones to try so hard So could we have a thing where we all explain what our thought process and hardships we faced into making the gift come to be? I think it'd be pretty neat"

and I totally agree. So to all the Secret Santa that had delivered their gift to their recipient, do you mind telling us the gift that you chose?

Do you want to start first Nova :D?

"The gift that I received had an insane amount of thought put into it to make it the best as possible, and i also put a ton of it into mine to make sure the recipient would enjoy it as much as possible, and I'm sure we were not the only ones to try so hard So could we have a thing where we all explain what our thought process and hardships we faced into making the gift come to be? I think it'd be pretty neat"

and I totally agree. So to all the Secret Santa that had delivered their gift to their recipient, do you mind telling us the gift that you chose?

I guess I could start off first? I mainly used the preferences listed by my recipient in choosing the gift. My recipient's top 3 favorite types are steel, ghost, bug and their favorite region is Unova. Right off the bat i knew the top 3 choices were klinklang, chandelure and accelgor. I eventually decided to shiny breed an accelgor as I have never bred this mon before and I just love the designs of ninjas. For ball choice, I selected heavy ball as 1) its my recipient's favorite ball, 2) I assumed most ppl would use moon or fast ball for balltism on it, 3) it fits the grey color scheme of shiny accelgor.

The process of breeding and obtaining accelgor was slightly tricky as 1) I like egg moves on shinies even if they are useless competitively which meant i had to teach some BR mons the egg moves just to get it on shelmet, 2) for anyone trying to make an evolution trade request for shelmet, u know u won't receive any response unless you get a karrablast prepared yourself:p

Eventually, I got the shiny after hatching 320 eggs and I named it Kunoichi (female ninja in japanese). I know the shiny accelgor was not perfect as it was 31/0/HT/31/31/31 IVs but I hope my recipient enjoyed it:)

Sorry. I went straight to sleep lol, was 2 AM when we spoke

So, my recipient started off by saying that their favourite typings were Ice, Steel and Ghost, that their favourite region was Hoenn and their favourite color was purple. I immediately started thinking of something that could fit these perfectly,and i soon came to the conclusion there were only two things that would fit: Walrein and Mawile. However, Walrein's shiny drifts off to pink a lot more than Mawile's light bordeux, and unlike Walrein Mawile has super-effective STAB against Fighting-types while the former is weak to them, a type that my recipient said they disliked. And so, i went with Mawile.
I bred it in a Timer Ball (recipient's personal favourite) and with a Relaxed Nature (the one Tatertot said it would be the closest to them), but later minted it to Adamant so it can have the best battling performance. Since nicknames were preffered, i named it "Iron Maiden", which isn't extremely original, but i think it's somehwat fitting.

Once I had this all planned in my head, it was time for actually getting the gift done. Since i'm a Shield player, i had to ask a Sword player for a Mawile caught in a Timer Ball. Fortunately, i found someone fast, and they were only looking for an Amped forme G-Max Toxtricity. Because i own a living Dex, i thought i would already have an Amped form lying around in my box. As you can probably tell already, that wasn't the case, but fortunately my Toxel had one of the Natures that let it evolve to Amped forme. Shoved a rare candy down it's throat, shoved Max Soup down it's throat, and then sold it for the Mawile. I also gave it an Ability Patch right away so it it's offsprings could have Sheer Force. With this, now all that was left was to breed it.
And so, i did. I got a 6 IV one at less than 100 eggs in, and i both had the Shiny Charm and a japanese Ditto, making my Shiny odds 1/512, which is as high as it can possibly get, making it the fastest hunting method available as of right now. I mean, Masuda method is known for how fast it is, so no way it's gonna take 900+ eggs like my Larvesta did, right? Right? Yeah, right, of course, sure, obviously. No way it's gonna be a long one. I mean, why would it? Right? Haha, ha, ha.

It took me 1300+ eggs. 4 days of non-stop egg hatching.
But hey, at least it came with it's Hidden Ability so i idn't have to use another Ability Patch.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyways, once that was done with, i fed it some of the good stuff (25 Proteins and 25 HP-Ups), and then we went to spend some time together commiting genocide on the local wildlife in order to complete the EV training before parting ways. And so, with that being done, i just levelled it to 60 (because i personally don't like to recieve level 100 Pokémon) and made it hold a Bottle Cap to make up for it's imperfect SpDef IV.
On the 25th, Tatertot recieved their little chomper. I hope they liked it as much as i liked what i recieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)