Online Competition Smogon April Battle Spot Friendly / Discord Party!

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

>>SIGN UP HERE<<
(make sure to log in to to the PGL)
04/20/2018 08:00 PM EDT - 04/21/2018 07:59 PM EDT

find out what time that is for you
~~~~
Join the Battle Spot Discord!
It's time for the comeback of friendly competitions! The rules this time are simple: 3v3 Singles, all Pokemon transferred through Bank are allowed, and two non-Mythical Legendaries are allowed on your team! This is in celebration of the distributions that the Pokemon Company is doing this year; this lets you put your new allies to good use!

We'll also be having a discord party during the competition! There'll be a friendly competition channel in the Battle Spot discord to chat with other players. We encourage you to come hang out, chat with us while you play and have a good time. Hope to see you there!

All participants will also be eligible to receive a free Shiny Ho-Oh courtesy of our good friend Max. Optimizer !

The competition will start Friday, April 20th at 8PM EDT(GMT-4) and ends on Saturday the 21sth at 7:59PM EDT. Sign-ups for the competition are already up at the link above. Read below if you have any questions about the rules of the format, signing up, or competing.

Rules
  • Matches will be played in the Singles format
  • Pokemon above level 50 will be brought down to level 50. Pokemon below level 50 stay as is.
  • Players pick 3 of their 6 Pokemon at team preview.
  • Legendary Clause: You can register no more than 2 of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma.
  • Species Clause: No two Pokemon in the same team can have the same National Pokedex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokemon in the same team can hold the same item.
The following Pokémon are banned (all forms):
  • Mew
  • Celebi
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Phione
  • Manaphy
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
  • Victini
  • Keldeo
  • Meloetta
  • Genesect
  • Diancie
  • Hoopa
  • Volcanion
  • Magearna
  • Marshadow
  • Greninja (Battle Bond form only)

How to sign up for a Friendly Competition:

Step 1: Sign in to your PGL account, go to the >PGL page of the competition< and click 'Confirm' at the bottom of the page.

Step 2: Once the competition starts, go to Festival Plaza in Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon and click 'Battle', then 'Visit the Battle Spot', then 'Friendly Competition'.

Step 3: Go back to the >PGL page of the competition< and scan the QR code with your 3DS camera. Then pick your team and you're ready to play! NOTE: Your team will be locked in once you start playing so make sure you have all the right moves and items.

Last edited:
The competition will start Saturday, April 20th at 8PM EDT(GMT-4) and ends on Sunday the 21sth at 7:59PM EDT. Sign-ups for the competition are already up at the link above. Read below if you have any questions about the rules of the format, signing up, or competing.
Umm I think the timing is incorrect as today is 4/20 and it's a Friday? Did you mean to make this Friday April 20th or Saturday April 21st and Sunday April 22nd?
1524206183975.png

Edit: Also apparently the Discord link is bad?

1524206405881.png

I've just finished my team. I'll be using a team I used to reach 1700+ on this ladder when SM came out.
Umm I think the timing is incorrect as today is 4/20 and it's a Friday? Did you mean to make this Friday April 20th or Saturday April 21st and Sunday April 22nd? View attachment 111884
Your right. Probably just an error on their part.

One question. Is the discord channel live? I tried joining it, but it said the invite was expired.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I've just finished my team. I'll be using a team I used to reach 1700+ on this ladder when SM came out.

Your right. Probably just an error on their part.

One question. Is the discord channel live? I tried joining it, but it said the invite was expired.
Umm I think the timing is incorrect as today is 4/20 and it's a Friday? Did you mean to make this Friday April 20th or Saturday April 21st and Sunday April 22nd?
View attachment 111884

Edit: Also apparently the Discord link is bad?

View attachment 111885
Sorry y'all! I don't know why the link expired; I set it to not do so. Try joining now!

Also, it turns out the Comp is tonight after all! Hope everyone's ready!

Last edited:
I'm in, but just a question, Legendary clause means I can bring pokemon like Mewtwo and Necrozma on the same team?

Not seeing anything on mega stones, so they're fair game? Also still getting the expired link error.

Edit: it seems only the header link to the discord is broken, not the link in the description.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone who participated in this, please upload a Wingull to the GTS asking for a Lvl 91-100 Ho-Oh (scroll to the bottom of the alphabetical list and type it in if you don't have it in your Dex) and I'll send you a copy of Max. Optimizer's fabled "Fenikkusu" (details in his trade thread)! The distribution will only be live for ~24 hours, so get in quick!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)