Announcement Smogon Charity Bowl and DLC Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hey guys, I hope everyone is enjoying the release of DLC 1: Isle of Armor. If you are playing competitively with all of our new toys or in-game exploring the Isle of Armor itself, now is a great time for Pokemon and the entire OU moderation team is wishing you all the best.

On Smogon, we are having an event to raise money for the Black Lives Matter movement. To elaborate a bit more on it:
Systemic racism and police violence have destroyed innumerable lives and communities. While the world faces a global pandemic, the United States is dealing with a pandemic of its own, one born out of a long history of racist policing that has led to overincarceration, the decay of civil rights and even outright murder. Smogon stands with the protesters across the world who are rising up against the senseless brutality that has led to the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and countless others.
There is no obligation to donate or participate as we know that not everyone is financially independent and this is a holiday weekend, but for those interested, the Smogon Charity Bowl will be raising money for four amazing organizations involved with the movement and it will feature the first post-DLC SS OU tournament. It will be taking place on Saturday, June 20th at noon GMT-4. If you have any questions, please contact me via PM or DM and I will get back to you ASAP; I will be glad to help in any way possible!

In addition, because the tournament will be this weekend and we are all scrambling to learn the new metagame, the OU moderation team will be getting out sample teams for the new metagame prior to the tournament (likely tomorrow). If you are confused how to approach the new metagame or would simply like a helping hand in getting acquainted with all of the new Pokemon, be sure to check that out. Speaking of resources for the post-DLC metagame, I suggest checking out the new and improved metagame discussion thread where TPP, Jordy, and talah went out of their way to make very insightful posts on the new Pokemon and metagame changes! The first six posts in this thread are all made in order to help inform those reading about what they can expect from the new metagame. Also, Ruft is running Pokemon Reservations as we are hosting threads on every single newly introduced Pokemon, so be sure to check them out throughout our subforum!

Finally, the post-DLC 1 Isle of Armor metagame is now up and live on Pokemon Showdown! A huge thanks to those who contributed to this happening in such a timely fashion: HoeenHero Kris Marty Anubis The Immortal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)