Board Game Smogon Chess Tournament - Won by Ashwins72 and Royal1604

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, we have our first instance of blatant cheating. The user in question will be DQd from the bracket and infracted. Starting next round I'm going to throw out any games that are not played under a lichess account (don't worry there will be a reminder with the pairings and tags) to help stay on top of this stuff.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, we have our first instance of blatant cheating. The user in question will be DQd from the bracket and infracted. Starting next round I'm going to throw out any games that are not played under a lichess account (don't worry there will be a reminder with the pairings and tags) to help stay on top of this stuff.
what happens to the games of past rounds for the opponents of this cheater?

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what happens to the games of past rounds for the opponents of this cheater?
Went over them pretty closely as did the others who helped confirm cheating for me. Found no evidence of any cheating or impropriety, they were not making anywhere near top engine moves at the start of either game and in both cases the opponent simply sacked or hanged major material by turn 11 to the point of a near guaranteed win for our eventual cheater. The losses will stand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)