Smogon Classic IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion

Thanks again to MiniArchitect for the logo!

Welcome to the Fourth Smogon Classic. This tournament celebrates Smogon's and Pokemon's history throughout the years. Players will compete in separate tournaments for the RBY, GSC, ADV, DPP, and BW generations, culminating in a finals where players must play all generations with this amazing trophy on the line:

The format is the same as previous editions and consists of five separate tournaments: The BW Cup, The DPP Cup, The ADV Cup, The GSC Cup, and The RBY Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of three. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Tour (see this for further explanation). When all the Cups have been finished, the sixteen players with the most points will advance to the play-offs. There they will battle in a best of five series until there is one undisputed Smogon Classic champion.

Signups for each Cup will be posted a week after the signups for the previous Cup. The hosts are allowed to play in the tournament that they are administering, as long as they elect someone else trustworthy to create pairings. Here is the list of the five Cups with the names of the hosts and the dates each signup thread will be posted:

If there are any questions, post in this thread and I will answer them as well as I can. Do not use this thread as a venue to complain about the format.

Tiering changes to the metagames in this tournament might not immediately affect this tournament the round after they happen.

Have fun and good luck to everyone competing!

cb aaron judge, perry, and Team Pokepals will be taking care of the spreadsheet

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite afew questions;

1. What tier? Does this have a tier? Banlists? You say "The format is the same as previous editions" But that is not clear to me, that merely only specifies the range of battle type scenarios - for instance, RBY had no double battles if i am correct so that would limit one to single battles, it does not however specify Ubers, OU, UU, etc since that was introduced later, mainly within competitive groups such as Smogon itself.
  2. Remakes allowed? I would presume not, but still.
  3. In future generations (Notably gen4) you can transfer pokemon from past games to your game. Is doing such allowed, here?
  4. This is on Pokemon Showdown, correct? Dumb question but it was not specified so i would like to know.
  5. Megas/formes allowed? Again, dumb question and i highly doubt it since it was introduced in Gen 7 (Other than formes such as Kyurum), but i'm just checking.
Ty in advance. If you have a rules guide on any of this please let me know; I could not find it.
-SaplingArcher

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
Quite afew questions;

1. What tier? Does this have a tier? Banlists? You say "The format is the same as previous editions" But that is not clear to me, that merely only specifies the range of battle type scenarios - for instance, RBY had no double battles if i am correct so that would limit one to single battles, it does not however specify Ubers, OU, UU, etc since that was introduced later, mainly within competitive groups such as Smogon itself.
  2. Remakes allowed? I would presume not, but still.
  3. In future generations (Notably gen4) you can transfer pokemon from past games to your game. Is doing such allowed, here?
  4. This is on Pokemon Showdown, correct? Dumb question but it was not specified so i would like to know.
  5. Megas/formes allowed? Again, dumb question and i highly doubt it since it was introduced in Gen 7 (Other than formes such as Kyurum), but i'm just checking.
Ty in advance. If you have a rules guide on any of this please let me know; I could not find it.
-SaplingArcher

1. Every cup is in the Overused tier of the respective generation. You can find the banlists and such for those here.

2. What do you mean by remakes?

3. If something is allowed in DPP OU it's allowed in the DPP Cup.

4. Yes, you play your games on pokemon showdown, preferably in the Smogtours server.

5. No, megas do not exist in generations before 6.

when can we start signups for gen 5 a week before?
not entirely sure what you mean by this. the signups for the BW Cup start on the 26th, you may signup at any moment from when they open to when they are closed by the host.

1. Every cup is in the Overused tier of the respective generation. You can find the banlists and such for those here.

2. What do you mean by remakes?
In remakes you may use pokemon from future gens, for instance; ORAS is placed after gen7 and uses some gen7 mechanics - Like mega evolution - and adds gen7 pokemon. Others (B2W2, HGSS, FRLG) don't add as much, but they still add pokemon otherwise unobtainable within the original games. Again i would presume not, but merely asking still. Ty btw for your help! ^-^

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
In remakes you may use pokemon from future gens, for instance; ORAS is placed after gen7 and uses some gen7 mechanics - Like mega evolution - and adds gen7 pokemon. Others (B2W2, HGSS, FRLG) don't add as much, but they still add pokemon otherwise unobtainable within the original games. Again i would presume not, but merely asking still. Ty btw for your help! ^-^
if something can be used in the BW OU ladder it can be used in the BW Cup, ditto for all the other cups.

So if you sign up for multiple cups, do those points you gain accumulate or is it the best cup you had for playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)