Playoffs Smogon Classic VI Playoffs - FINALS [Won by SoulWind]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
Amazing display in finals and most deserved win ever, huge congrats!
ABR will come back better than ever next year, great run once again

Reactions: ABR

Iguana

formerly mc56556
What an exciting final series to cap off Smogon Classic VI! Huge congrats, SOULWIND, and so well deserved. ABR, another incredible run. Both of you are among the greatest of all time, and this Classic win/run certainly cements that.

The wonderful prep, team choices, and in-game playing made this every bit as enjoyable for spectating as I had hoped. And what a twist having each player win the Gen that the other was favored in! Phenomenal stuff, both.

SoulWind

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the 6th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 32 Championwon the 9th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Won, good games.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-511402
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-511420
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3ou-511466
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-511490

That was quite the expected final. I think I finally learnt from my biggest mistakes in the past losses and that change of mind was refreshing so that I could quite have the control in the games today. Despite, I still managed to throw what seemed a matchup in my favor in the BW game barring luck, and that lack of focus could have costed me the entire series once again, but luckily it didn't. ABR you're the biggest competitor of this site at the moment, I couldn't have asked for a better opponent. I can't wait to keep playing you at the highest stage once again. Good job on making up another long tournament run every single time as it's expected of you.

I also would like to express my gratitude to a lot of people that cheered me on, congratulated me, etc. Being supported is always awesome and there are a lot of people that do this everytime I play, so sincerely thank you. I can't tag everyone but I genuinely appreciate it.

Peasounay: I doubt all of this would have been possible without you. Thank you for being my biggest support everytime and telling me the truth when you had to. I'd have never been as prepared for RBY if we hadn't met. Merci PIZOU!

TonyFlygon, M Dragon and McMeghan: all of you helped me to prepare for the playoffs games as well, very much appreciated. Discussing ideas with all of you was essential at some points, really appreciated! And a shoutout goes for Tricking too for giving me some ideas for finals, which I ended up using. Grazie!

and
: my friends, just hanging out with you every day makes the Internet a more enjoyable experience. All of you support me to the 101% everytime and it wouldn't just be the same without you, thanks a lot!

@ESPAÑITA: Siempre por estas fechas me toca a mi jugar estas vainas y a vosotros mirar como me dan felpa. Esta vez al fin es diferente. Muchas gracias a todos por el apoyo y por ser un grupo de puta madre. Pronto conseguiremos el azulito como debe ser :)

Sweepage: You will read this eventually, so here we go. Even when you were pretty much gone from this you showed up to show me support when I was playing all the other finals, and you're also one of the best friends I've made here. Even if it probably doesn't mean much to you, at long last one of us could get that individual win. Whatever you're doing and wherever you are, take care brother,

Ojama and BKC: I've learnt a lot from you guys in all these years and you've always given me good advice and helped me when I asked, which obviously led to me getting better at old gens. Thank you so much to both and I hope I can see you competing again soon.

Thank you for reading. Until the next time (and sorry if I forgot anyone)

congrats celebi42!!! who'd have thought you'd go from smashpassing the ou ladder 8 1/2 years ago (sorry) to becoming a top 5 player of all time? it has been a pleasure to watch you rack up one incredible achievement after another over the years. this is among the most deserved trophies of all time, if not the most, especially with the impressive finals performance.

massive props to abr as well, of course - this series was excellent in the teambuilding and play department alike.

You know it's a great finals when its difficult to give the edge to either play in virtually any tier. Been saying SoulWind is an amazing player and deserving regardless of what others said and I'm very happy to see him secure the Classic bag, and I sure hope it isn't the last trophy.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Still alive hehe <3. Dropped by around last week and saw this tour was on finals. Given this is probably the best tour format (and the only tour I don't have to spectate awful gen 8) I made a mental note to watch on sunday.

Was fun following your narrative, SW, especially given how much I can relate to the runner-up struggle. In some way I felt vindicated even. Nice to see one of the winds actually went all the way. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)