Smogon Doubles Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I believe Smogon Doubles should have a forum of its own in Smogon Metagames, instead of just two threads in Other Metagames. My reasons are as follows:

Chaos had mentioned in a thread in Inside Scoop that he wanted Smogon to focus on both the singles and the doubles metagames. Giving Smogon Doubles a forum is a step that must be taken to achieve this.

We currently have 7 out of 8 forums in Smogon metagames focused entirely on singles battles, and most of the other forum focusing on singles too. It'd be nice to have one dedicated to doubles. The doubles discussion thread has the most views and posts of all the threads on the first page of Other metagames with the exception of Balanced Hackmons, which is a metagame that is impossible to play IRL without hacking.

Smogon Doubles Showdown ladder has more battles than the LC ladder, despite having competition with the VGC 2013 ladder. Despite this, the LC metagame has its own forum and C&C analysis page.

Finally, in real life, Doubles is a popular metagame played. Whilst I can't speak on behalf of the rest of the world, in South Australia (and probably all of Australia), people pretty much only play OU singles and OU doubles irl, with Doubles being the more popular choice for tournaments. It seems strange that the world's greatest Pokemon competitive website does not focus on one of the most played metagames irl.

I also believe that, in the long run, Smogon should have an C&C forum for Doubles and suspect testing, though I think one step should be taken at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)