mountain biking vampire witch from the future
Nine weeks of live tournaments have come to a close, and the playoffs have begun!
First of all, huge thanks to everyone who helped out with the live tours. This tournament wouldn't be possible without your help, and I appreciate how flexible and willing to help out you all were.
here. Once again, there were a number of ties, including a 3-way tie for 15th. Just like last year, every tie that doesn't involve someone making or missing playoffs (i.e. every tie other than for 15th) was broken using win percentage from the live tournaments. Win percentage was calculated by dividing matches won by matches played across all live tournaments entered, with round robin finals counting as 2-0 for the winner and 0-1 for both losers. The results of these calculations can be found here. Thanks to talkingtree for crunching these numbers!
The 3-way tie for 15th makes things a little tricky, since two of these players will make playoffs while one will miss. Instead of straight up using win percentage, these three players will play a round robin in order to determine the 15th and 16th seeds. As per the TDs, this round robin will proceed as follows:
- All 3 players will play a round robin of best of three matches, using all three Smogon Doubles Tour II tiers (SM DOU, XY DOU, BW DOU).
- The player with the higher win percentage will select the first tier played, and the loser of game 1 will select the second tier played. If necessary, the third game will be played in the unused tier.
- Just as in the live tournaments, this round robin will continue until one player has won 2 sets. This player will select whether they would like to be the 15th or 16th seed in playoffs.
- The two remaining players will play one final best of three set, and the winner will take the final spot in playoffs.
The play-in round robin is to be played before Top 16 commences. The numbers beside each player's name denotes their rank in win percentage between the three of them.
(1) Mishimono vs (2) EmbCPT
(1) Mishimono vs (3) talkingtree
(2) EmbCPT vs (3) talkingtree
The deadline for the play-in round is Sunday, August 5, at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (GMT -4).
Good luck to all!