Welcome to the Draft League forum's inaugural tournament! Whether you're an experienced veteran of the format, or someone who stumbled across the format today, this tournament is open to everyone! It will be hosted by BagelJohn, shiloh, and Tjb145 and the tournament will in the [Gen 9] Paldea Dex Draft tier, with the format looking like the following:
Amazing art by Gaboswampert
Amazing art by Gaboswampert
- For the drafting phase, players will be split into randomised pools, with each containing 8 players. The drafting will take place within the Smogon Draft Discord server, with each pool being allocated 1 channel.
- Once all drafts have been completed, players will randomly be allocated into battle pools, which contain 4 players each. They will play each other in a round robin.
- The top 2 records in each battle pool will move onto a seeded single-elimination bracket.
- You have up to 90 points with which to draft 8 Pokémon. Costs are listed on your pool’s tab on the drafting spreadsheet.
- If a Pokémon is picked by someone else, you may not pick it.
- After the first round ends, there will be a continuous 8 hour timer within which you must pick, or you will be skipped, and will be required to make-up your pick when you are next online.
- Your timer will halve every time you are skipped. It is recommended to leave picks (with backups) with your pool moderator to avoid this.
- The following complex bans are in place:
- No Pokémon may use the move Last Respects.
- No Pokémon may use the move Shed Tail.
- No Pokémon may hold the item Leppa Berry.
- Roaring Moon may not be a Tera-Captain.
- The following Pokémon have access to all of their forms (although you may only bring up to 1 to each battle):
- Smogon’s Species Clause applies to your draft.
- Once the draft is over, you must declare 1 Tera-Captain. This is the only Pokémon on your draft that will be allowed to Terastalize.
- All games must be played in the [Gen 9] Paldea Dex Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us.
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- SV cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
- Each set is a best-of-one set.
- The following clauses apply:
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
- Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokémon on their opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
- Evasion Clause: A Pokémon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
- OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
- Moody Clause: A team cannot have a Pokémon with the ability Moody.
- Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
- Baton Pass Clause: A Pokémon may not have Baton Pass in its moveset."
- Any items unreleased in SV are banned.
- Replays must be posted to the pool/round thread.
- Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
- When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
- Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone, ideally as GMT offset.
- If either host catches news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, we reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of our ability.
In the event of a discrepancy between the threads, Google spreadsheets and Discord announcements, the ruling within the threads will be considered as final.
If anyone would like to help out with spreadsheet updating, please contact one of us via Smogon or Discord.
Signups will close on Saturday 10th December, at 11:59pm GMT-5. To enter, simply use the form above and join the Discord server, anyone who is not in the server will have their signup removed. The main document will be going offline on 11 December as we set up roles, draft orders, and draft pool rosters.
Last edited by a moderator: