Other Smogon Exhibition II - Finals [Won by the Victory Road Elites]

Status
Not open for further replies.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Welcome to the second iteration of the Smogon Exhibition, a place for the Official and Core Metagames not in SPL to compete in a team tournament setting. This year's tournament will be co-hosted by myself and Merritt. 8 teams will compete over the course of 9 weeks to determine the second Smogon Exhibition champions!

Make sure you've read the Standard Tournament Rules

The scheduling guide as well

-------
And then there were two...

[#1] Mauville City Magnets (3) vs [#2] Victory Road Elites (5)

SM Ubers: z0mOG vs CKW
SM Ubers: Garay oak vs EternalSnowman
SM LC: BurntZebra vs Toadow
SM LC: Ninjadog13 vs Serene Grace
SM PU: Robert Alfons vs Ktütverde
SM PU: Sam I Yam vs Xiri
SM Monotype: Chaitanya vs Havens
SM Monotype: Exiline vs Eien

Deadline is Sunday, March 17th 11:59 PM GMT-2 (8:59 PM EST)

Last edited:
Messaged xiri little over 5hr ago and been around but now have ppl coming over and would be forced to play on phone or something. I’d be ok with ext but would imagine it’d have to be weekend again due to insane Timezone difference

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Messaged xiri little over 5hr ago and been around but now have ppl coming over and would be forced to play on phone or something. I’d be ok with ext but would imagine it’d have to be weekend again due to insane Timezone difference
That's not really how it works. Xiri proposed a time on Thursday, you didn't reply: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/xiri.349405/ It's a bit late to pm him today when he is sleeping and is early Monday for him. You just missed the default scheduled time (the one xiri proposed and when u didn't show up). If you are too busy to answer on xiris profile for 4 days and have people coming over just before the deadline, you should ask for being subbed out. Maybe xiri can play soon, Monday morning in South corea tho, so if it has to be done on phone that's the minimal effort you can do for him. You just can't reply at the last moment and expect ur oppo to be available cmon

Edit: gogo SG and xiri!! exhibition will probably be over when I wake up, lgi frens :]

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Through seven+ years of tournament experience, I can find it safe to say that I've never had a team lose the deciding game on finals on activity. With that said, it was a justified decision from the hosts. I'd like to apologize to my team for not being on top of the scheduling of this match. There were issues with this slot in prior weeks and I should have been proactive to avoid this being the case, especially after taking initiative to tag us all after the first scheduling mishap earlier in the season. My players deserved a more hands-on manager than what they got from me. They played the best of any team in the tournament, but got shortchanged due to my laziness. I also would like to say that this is not at all on Coconut, as I specifically said I'd try to take charge to assure there was no scheduling nonsense. Finally, don't feel too bad Sam I Yam -- shit happened IRL and while you could have been more on top of the ball, nobody deserves to feel disappointment or fault over a pokemon tournament. You're a good dude.

Congratulations to the Elites for winning and thanks again to everyone on my team for being absolutely fantastic all season long. You guys show a lot of potential as players. Keep going!

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
thanks for a fun season, glad to have been part of the best team of the tournament, lots of chill ppl on the team. seeing chait and garay absolutely steamrolling the competition was a joy to watch, sam was fun to test with and did a good job despite being the woat at scheduling, shoutouts to our great lc core as well, and big shoutouts to exiline for being our mascot. sorry for not pulling through in the later weeks, i got weary of the tier for a bit and i think it showed in my builds eventually (thanks HJAD for my finals team tho, caught a very unfortunate matchup but it's a good team and i appreciate u bud). hope we can get an even better season next year!

i sincerely doubt that either team is particularly happy about the idea of having the finals be determined by an activity loss, don't think anyone was particularly hurt by a small extension considering it's like, finals, an extension wouldn't hold anybody up or anything. we had people on the bench who could definitely play over the next couple of days and all. but hey. sometimes u just gotta say fuck it and make a complete joke out of the tournament you're hosting. thats ok!

E: also fuck finch

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
I would like to thank:
- dream and Merritt for hosting this tournament. Having an extra opportunity to play PU and being able to chat with people from other cool tiers was a great experience, so I want you to know we all appreciated the good work you did a lot :]

- Victory Goat Elites:
PU : Xiri , Drud and tcr . I really enjoyed being in your team, we got along very quickly and had a lot of fun;
Mono: Eien and Havens , thanks for being so encouraging and showing me that Mono isn't a "I win by MU" tier. Now I'm building PU monotype teams lmao;
Ubers: EternalSnowman , GotCookies , CKW and rozes . You guys are really cool dudes, and I'm afraid that telling me that "Ubers suck" won't be enough to convince me, I found the tier very interesting since most teams look the same so it comes down to a lot of plays and from what I've seen, you really need skill to win contrary to most other tiers where many games are decided by Matchup (that's my opinion, nothing else);
LC: Serene Grace , Toadow and Wabane . Serene, stop making alts .__. Although LC seemed like a Abra+trapinch+fillers tier, I did enjoy watching your games especially because of all the different techs you showcased (toadow's shedshell grimer-alola right?) and because I felt like this tier also requires a lot of skill like in Ubers. Am I wrong? Too bad, I like it that way!

- Corporal Levi and dcae . Sorry for calling you idiots in week1 or 2, I remember Levi (it was you right?) saying during auctions "oh sorry I was chatting with someone" when you were supposed to make bids. I truly thought this manager core was incompetent, but later went astonished when I discovered how solid the players you chose were (the dudes you got for 3k were worth tenfold lol). You guys are geniuses for real!

and Everyone Else for joining the Untour of Untiers!!

PS: I might have forgotten 1 or 2 people. Just stop copying EternalSnowman's alt so I can know who is who. Off the top of my head we have had:
-EternalSandman=ckw
-EternalSunman=wabane
-EternalSereneman=serene grace
-EternalDogman and shit=whoever you were, I'm glad you changed back to your real name, I would have had a headache otherwise ;_;

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting the tour, and while it didn't end like we may have wanted, it has been a fun ride up to now!

obligatory shoutouts:
Corporal Levi and dcae thanks for taking a chance on an ubers player like me, and I apologize on behalf of the ubers core that we didn't perform amazingly this season, I wish we could have closed it out a bit stronger, but was great fun overall!
CKW it was great to team with you again! Sorry to have to make you play ubers again, but was a ton of fun, wish you the best of luck in ost, and looking forward to a great UPL too
Eien man we have teamed together so many times recently LOL, another great tour, nice performance as always! I hope to get more opportunities, but we shall see ig #fgo
rozes great to team with you for the first time, great to get to know you, even if it was under the context of a lot of losing from both of us LOL, hope we get another opportunity to team together as well
Serene Grace imagine even thinking about trading the goat away. what a clutch player (also tours room represent :p)
Ktütverde warning u man... dont go into ubers its a trap...
Xiri goat! tours room represent

and to everyone else who I didn't mention, I didn't interact with everyone as much as I maybe should have, but it was a great tour! See all of y'all around, and please stop copying my name...

First shoutouts to dream and Merritt for hosting my first team tour win. We Elites gave you guys a couple annoying decisions, so thanks for keeping a level head and making the right calls (even when it was bad for us). I missed the first tour but joining this second tour, I really got the experience I was hoping for. Getting to interact with a ton of cool people in other tiers is rare for Monotype players, so I had a really fun time.

Corporal Levi dcae thanks for picking me up and getting a lot of my friends when I asked. We didn’t talk a ton but you guys made sure the team discord would be fun and have a lot of cool people. Hope to maybe team with you guys in MPL too if you join again!

Havens what an amazing tour for you. Gotta expose Levi when he PMed me 3/4 into the draft with me as only mono player like “we fucked up” LOL and wanted some mono suggestions. I think you really proved yourself this tour as a solid player with that fantastic 9-1 record against a pretty good schedule. Don’t let anyone say you didn’t earn it yourself or needed my support. I literally trusted you to bring it home during the tiebreaker over me and you nailed it. Really good team presence and hardworking when it comes to prep. You earned this win more than anyone else congratulations.

maroon sorry you ended up on a team you didn’t get to start. Obviously starter quality but you didn’t let that keep you down at all. Helping with prep and tests every week was a huge lifesaver. Thanks for backing me up! Haven’t been on the same team as you since ULC3 and what a coincidence we won again. Really makes you think.

EternalSnowman in a tour with both Monotype and Ubers how could I not beg the managers to get you. Super happy we got to team again for like the 3rd time in a year. My only regret is not evolving into EternalEienman but you know, Eternal Eien is redundant anyway. Somehow you kept getting unlucky in games, so don’t let that deceptive score mean anything. Sneak me into BLT please !_!

rozes I’m still sad the one time we had a chance to team in a mono tour you didn’t sign up :( Was definitely fun so make sure to tell ticken to pick me up in MPL with you oo

Ktütverde Drud tcr (good god I hope I got it right) Wabane all super cool dudes. Glad I got to meet you all and chill. We all do different tiers but in the end it’s mons and this was a more fun tour having people like you guys to talk to.

Serene Grace goat trade. Idk how we got you but damn you just won game after game once you joined up lol. Greatest to do it for sure.

And ofc everyone else on the team that I wish I had more time to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)