Smogon Fantasy Basketball '18-'19

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Well this season has been a wash for me. The injuries have been crippling.
that's usually what the season comes down to for a lot of teams, i consider myself lucky to have "only" lost my 2nd round pick for the whole season (wall). AD, jrue, kawhi, covington, dipo out have really affected the standings

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
that's usually what the season comes down to for a lot of teams, i consider myself lucky to have "only" lost my 2nd round pick for the whole season (wall). AD, jrue, kawhi, covington, dipo out have really affected the standings
I own AD AND Jrue (plus Jaren Jackson) and I still managed to hold onto the top seed, but I don't feel good about winning the title with half an AD and no Jrue.

This load management BS gets worse every year in fantasy hoops. I'm strongly considering moving the start of playoffs for Smogon redraft league two weeks earlier next year to counteract the excessive random DNPs

Scofield

is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
This load management BS gets worse every year in fantasy hoops. I'm strongly considering moving the start of playoffs for Smogon redraft league two weeks earlier next year to counteract the excessive random DNPs
great idea for keeper league too

Scofield

I hate to lose, and especially in such a lame manner but congrats reyscarface extremely well played! i try really hard not to pin the results on any one move since it took quite the confluence of multiple and variable events that lead to this result, but you definitely owe jamal crawford a hand written note for that 51 point explosion. you literally beat me to picking him up by 2 minutes.

going forward:
1. We gotta end the season 2 wks earlier. with all the resting and late scratches going on, it only makes sense. we want to reward the person with the best roster for the season, the last wk and a half just transformed into who could pick up the better streamer.
2. Let's bring back the limiting number of moves per wk, about 3-4. This cuts down on the heavy streaming that goes on and really makes you think about every one of your moves
3. I don't understand why keeper contracts need to be reset in the event of a drop? That heavily penalizes the person with a good keeper. For example, this wk alone stallion dropped AD for an extra roster spot and there was a mad rush to pick him up...massively unfair and now someone gets to keep AD next season. Same for me, I would love to have had an extra roster spot on the last day but couldn't afford to drop harden and give someone that much of an advantage. If the keeper contract didn't reset he would not be eligible to be kept. Keepers are supposed to reward someone for drafting smart instead of penalizing them.
4. I was literally wrong about every trade this year, and the team I thought was at a disadvantage ended up winning the trade or it ended up mutually beneficial. I'll try harder to keep an open mind next year lol

Fun year guys, special shout out to james harden who got me this far even when everyone else didn't perform!

I hate to lose, and especially in such a lame manner but congrats reyscarface extremely well played! i try really hard not to pin the results on any one move since it took quite the confluence of multiple and variable events that lead to this result, but you definitely owe jamal crawford a hand written note for that 51 point explosion. you literally beat me to picking him up by 2 minutes.

going forward:
1. We gotta end the season 2 wks earlier. with all the resting and late scratches going on, it only makes sense. we want to reward the person with the best roster for the season, the last wk and a half just transformed into who could pick up the better streamer.
2. Let's bring back the limiting number of moves per wk, about 3-4. This cuts down on the heavy streaming that goes on and really makes you think about every one of your moves
3. I don't understand why keeper contracts need to be reset in the event of a drop? That heavily penalizes the person with a good keeper. For example, this wk alone stallion dropped AD for an extra roster spot and there was a mad rush to pick him up...massively unfair and now someone gets to keep AD next season. Same for me, I would love to have had an extra roster spot on the last day but couldn't afford to drop harden and give someone that much of an advantage. If the keeper contract didn't reset he would not be eligible to be kept. Keepers are supposed to reward someone for drafting smart instead of penalizing them.
4. I was literally wrong about every trade this year, and the team I thought was at a disadvantage ended up winning the trade or it ended up mutually beneficial. I'll try harder to keep an open mind next year lol

Fun year guys, special shout out to james harden who got me this far even when everyone else didn't perform!
I was your finals opponent lol

Good game tho and agree with all that other stuff

And congrats to Stallion for winning Smogon's redraft league.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

going forward:

Sorry for causing the AD issue. He's a piece of crap (him and Holiday cost me in keepers) and he actually can't be kept this year I'm pretty sure? He wasn't going to be one of my keepers and seeing as I kept him for a year, I was under the impression that he was back in the player pool next year right? Del Rio.

Agreed on the two weeks earlier too, I probably had the best keepers roster and Del Rio probably had the best redraft rosters, but both teams got screwed by tanking teams and resting.

Thanks for the congratulations for redraft by the way. All resting and tanking aside, I had a lot of fun in both leagues I participated in this season. Big congrats to Del Rio for the comeback win in keepers too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)