Smogon Fantasy Basketball 2019-2020

Welcome to another season of "load management" y'all! Both the Smogon redraft and keeper leagues are back up and draft dates are tentatively set (let me know if the redraft time doesn't work for you).

Mizuno should be posting the keeper league details shortly.

If we could push the redraft a half hour later that would be ideal but I can still do it if not. I'd also take over a keeper team if there is a spot for that.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
shit, the keeper league is currently set for the day of my college reunion. i have no problem missing my reunion...but i'll be pissed if there's a last second time/date change like last year and i missed the reunion for no reason.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Welcome to another season of "load management" y'all! Both the Smogon redraft and keeper leagues are back up and draft dates are tentatively set (let me know if the redraft time doesn't work for you).

Mizuno should be posting the keeper league details shortly.
Redraft time works for me!

Keeper time clashes with when I play pickup but happy to miss it for the draft if need be.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yo don't forget to set your keepers @ keeper league dudes.

Also just a reminder, but keeper contracts stay even after people were dropped - it says so in the keeper menu. So whoever got Anthony Davis off my playoff week drop can't actually keep him.

Back for both!

For the keeper league, so far we got confirmed: cb aaron judge, Stallion, Del Rio, Scofield, Celticpride, Ghost_Chill, suapah, biggie and myself

Missing confirmation: trikx_insane. Please confirm in the next two days!

If anyone else is interested in participating in the keeper league, let me know.

Last day to set keepers is next Friday, October 18. Draft is Saturday October 19 at 8PM AST.

As discussed in the previous thread at the end of last season, the following changes have been made:
  • League now ends a week early, The finals are only one week long instead one one and a half, but ending a week earlier hopefully helps with the load management that occurs towards the end of the NBA season
  • Max moves per week have been implemented. It is set to 4.
  • Dropping a player keeps the keeper status (the little K hovering above a players name), which means their "contract" doesn't reset. This willl be implemented starting with drops this season. Players that were dropped last season do not currently have a keeper contract and can be kept under normal rules in this draft.
    • I think this is the fair rule, since decisions made last season were made under the assumption that this rule was not in place.
    • Hopefully this does not become too hard to track...
Any feedback regarding these changes is welcome. And for the rules refresher...

1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1. Lets call this the Keeper Value.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year. (Keeper Value = 5)
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years (lets call this the Keeper Contract). If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
  6. Any player kept that was not drafted the year before counts as giving up the very last pick.
  7. The Keeper Contract (i.e. the amount of time a team can keep a player) will transfer when a trade is made and will remain even if a player is dropped.
    Example: Team X has kept J.J. Barea for 1 year. Team X trades him to Team Y. Team Y can only keep him one more year.
    Example: Team X has dropped Danilo Gallinari, who has been kept already 1 year using the 7th round pick. Team Y can pick him up and keep him one more year at the cost of the 6th round pick of the next draft.

Last edited:
Hey Mizuno, would it be an issue to move keepers draft an hour earlier? I'll make it work regardless but would rather not have to double draft haha

Back for both!

For the keeper league, so far we got confirmed: cb aaron judge, Stallion, Del Rio, Scofield, Celticpride and myself

Missing confirmation: suapah, trikx_insane, Ghost_Chill, biggie. Please confirm in the next two days!

If anyone else is interested in participating in the keeper league, let me know.

Last day to set keepers is next Friday, October 18. Draft is Saturday October 19 at 8PM AST.

As discussed in the previous thread at the end of last season, the following changes have been made:
  • League now ends a week early, The finals are only one week long instead one one and a half, but ending a week earlier hopefully helps with the load management that occurs towards the end of the NBA season
  • Max moves per week have been implemented. It is set to 4.
  • Dropping a player keeps the keeper status (the little K hovering above a players name), which means their "contract" doesn't reset. This willl be implemented starting with drops this season. Players that were dropped last season do not currently have a keeper contract and can be kept under normal rules in this draft.
    • I think this is the fair rule, since decisions made last season were made under the assumption that this rule was not in place.
    • Hopefully this does not become too hard to track...
Any feedback regarding these changes is welcome. And for the rules refresher...

1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1. Lets call this the Keeper Value.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year. (Keeper Value = 5)
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years (lets call this the Keeper Contract). If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
  6. Any player kept that was not drafted the year before counts as giving up the very last pick.
  7. The Keeper Contract (i.e. the amount of time a team can keep a player) will transfer when a trade is made and will remain even if a player is dropped.
    Example: Team X has kept J.J. Barea for 1 year. Team X trades him to Team Y. Team Y can only keep him one more year.
    Example: Team X has dropped Danilo Gallinari, who has been kept already 1 year using the 7th round pick. Team Y can pick him up and keep him one more year at the cost of the 6th round pick of the next draft.
I will join if there is a spot

Hey Mizuno, would it be an issue to move keepers draft an hour earlier? I'll make it work regardless but would rather not have to double draft haha
I'm fine with that, if no one has an issue with it. cb aaron judge, Stallion, Scofield, Celticpride, Ghost_Chill, suapah, biggie

For me Yahoo says 8pm EST, wouldn’t it be 9pm AST then?
Maybe that is 8pm EDT, since daylights savings is still on? Idk, mine says 9PM ADT, but there is no DST here, so by the countdown I confirmed it's 8PM AST (-4 GMT) for me. Safest bet is to examine the countdown on the page, don't want anyone missing the draft because of that!

I will join if there is a spot
There might be, depending if trikx_insane confirms soon. Keep an eye out! I can confirm with you tomorrow afternoon, after 3pm EST.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Any time sat is good, just dont change it last min
sorry college reunion!

Stallion

Tree Young
I'm fine with that, if no one has an issue with it. cb aaron judge, Stallion, Scofield, Celticpride, Ghost_Chill, suapah, biggie

Maybe that is 8pm EDT, since daylights savings is still on? Idk, mine says 9PM ADT, but there is no DST here, so by the countdown I confirmed it's 8PM AST (-4 GMT) for me. Safest bet is to examine the countdown on the page, don't want anyone missing the draft because of that!

There might be, depending if trikx_insane confirms soon. Keep an eye out! I can confirm with you tomorrow afternoon, after 3pm EST.
I can manage.

Keepers should be set. You can review the draft order and where keepers will be drafted here. Let me know as soon as possible if you notice any mistakes.

I randomized the draft order by setting the draft to be a random draft to get the order, then set it back to custom using that same order.
Smogon Keepers 2019 Draft Order.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)