Smogon Fantasy Football: 2013-2014 Season

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I won a week! Holy crap! After a 1-6 start my shit tier team is going to be in playoff contention thanks to a bit of luck, some smart pickups and some big performances the last couple of weeks, I feel very proud. Somehow managed to put up the most points of the week too with Brandon Marshall and Pierre Thomas putting up massive numbers, this just two weeks after I picked up Marvin Jones to eke out my second win. At 4-6 I'm feeling pretty good for my first fantasy football season!

(Also moving into playoff position with one of the top two teams in my other league is pretty cool :p)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was only a few points behind in my non smogon league, with Mike James to play. Fuck my life.
I was 20 points down with VJax AND Mike James to play. Needless to say I feel your pain :(

On the bright side, I continue to pull out ugly wins in League D whilst underperforming badly.

so this chick is getting Spiller/J Jones for Decker/Texans D.

i've been trying to get Spiller from that guy for a couple weeks now, and he turned down multiple offers (with much more value imo).

now, i'm not going to block this trade because he's only a game back and she's 3-7, but still.

burns my biscuits a bit.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Needed 2 points from Mike James to win in my money league, lol. I FINALLY thought I could stop starting Trent Richardson, but of course not. Every time I pick up a new RB, they get injured, so I am forced to start Trent. I now consider it to be the curse of Trent Richardson.

starting Ben Tate over Spiller (other RB is Forte) in my PPR league.

my flex/TE is C. Jordan/Gronk so i think i'm set.

some asshat offered me Mendenhall/V. Davis/J. Randle/P. Thomas for MJD.

i countered with MJD/J. Gordon for McCoy.

obviously he declined without comment.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
as my wonderful luck would have it, my opponent started Donald Brown last night. Conversely, I had a chance to add him in another league but elected not to and went with Shonn Greene instead. TY Hilton underperformed as well, leaving me in a huge hole to climb out of. When you're fighting for the last playoff spot, this is not a good start for your week.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Apparently being in the top 3 in points scored isnt enough in league B to be better then 3-7, so let's hope my Richardson for Witten and Bennett for Ryan Mathews (I receive the latter player in each deal) works for me!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
there's a lot of that going around this season. Justin and I are both 4-6 in League A with the second and third highest points scored, respectively. Del Rio has gotten particularly screwed in League D up to this point, but he's still 5-5 and occupies the 4th playoff spot. Also happening in another non-smogon league to a friend of mine. It's inevitable, each year at least one team just gets shafted that way :)

Pick two out of this group to start: Alshon Jeffery, Riley Cooper, Jordy Nelson, Chris Ivory.
Cooper/Nelson. The Packers backups have looked to Nelson often the last two weeks (19 targets, more than he averaged with Rodgers throwing) because he's their best healthy receiver. With the Bears, you never know which of their receivers will get the looks, but Jeffery will assuredly not get as many targets as he did last week and the Ravens have a pretty good defense, even if McCown > Cutler so far this season.

Jeffery and Cooper i think.
also canceled the above trade, made it Green/Cameron for Gronk.
Green as in AJ Green? The #1 non QB scorer in PPR leagues? Are you crazy? I don't see why you're so desperate to make a trade, it seems like you have a pretty good team (unless all these offers are from different leagues).

there's a lot of that going around this season. Justin and I are both 4-6 in League A with the second and third highest points scored, respectively. Del Rio has gotten particularly screwed in League D up to this point, but he's still 5-5 and occupies the 4th playoff spot. Also happening in another non-smogon league to a friend of mine. It's inevitable, each year at least one team just gets shafted that way :)
I'm being "shafted" like that in one league, but it's my own damn fault. I've been 1st in weekly scoring 3 times, but I've been 9th or worst 4 times (including an 11th place loss to the 10th scoring team, lol). Adds up to 4th in points scored and 8th in record, hehe.

Green as in AJ Green? The #1 non QB scorer in PPR leagues? Are you crazy? I don't see why you're so desperate to make a trade, it seems like you have a pretty good team (unless all these offers are from different leagues).
this league is not PPR, or i wouldn't dream of trading him.

am i still crazy?

Dalton just scares me (as does Campbell).

well fuck me.

he already accepted and it doesn't look like there's any way i can back out of it.

T_T

i need to ask you guys BEFORE i pull the trigger on these things.

EDIT: asking the LO to veto it.

this league is not PPR, or i wouldn't dream of trading him.

am i still crazy?

Dalton just scares me (as does Campbell).
So what? Dalton has been Green's only QB in his 3 years in the league and Cameron has produced just fine with Weeden and Hoyer.

I would be pretty pissed if I was in that league and I saw that trade go through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)