Smogon Fantasy Football: 2013-2014 Season

Similar to this, I know nothing about auction leagues and my plan was to just let my team get autodrafted like I did in angelbunni last year. Kind of why I was hoping for another snake draft in League C but I'll find a good resource somewhere before draft day I think.
I have never done an auction draft (besides mocks) and its really simple. Imo just autodrafting your league is really lame. :rolleyes:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Still missing four previous players in both League A and League C. If you were in one of those leagues last year and have not signed up yet, please do so soon so I know how many open spots there are. The deadline for registration is August 15th, after which all unregistered teams will be deleted and the spots will be given to others who want them.

I would like to participate; apparently I fit the bill of "newcomer" since this is my first time playing in a league on Smogon.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I have never done an auction draft (besides mocks) and its really simple. Imo just autodrafting your league is really lame. :rolleyes:
On this note, absent people autodrafting (bidding) in auction is about 800 times more lame and annoying than it is in a snake draft.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Draft times are set right now as a default. If the date/time doesn't work for you, please post a message in the league letting me know your availability that week. I'm flexible, but I want to choose a draft time soon before all the good slots get taken up.

If, for some reason, we can't get more than eight participants in the newcomer league, will there be more roster positions added to make things more competitive?

Draft times are set right now as a default. If the date/time doesn't work for you, please post a message in the league letting me know your availability that week. I'm flexible, but I want to choose a draft time soon before all the good slots get taken up.
I already posted in the league that I have another draft at 7:45. I would have to do two drafts at the same time which I have done before but its still kind of annoying. Even moving the draft time back only half an hour would be much appreciated.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Moved League C's draft back to 9:30 pm EST to accommodate requests. Draft times are being eaten up quickly so if this doesn't work for you, speak now.

Well I finally made up my mind and would like to join a league here. I do have a couple questions though
I've previously only played in 8 team leagues, are there any such going this year or is it strictly 10-12 teamers?
Do you guys go by % or round down to the nearest whole number? Are any or the leagues PPR or just standard scoring (ESPN)? What about auction drafts? I've never done that for real (just mocks) so I'd be interested in this as well.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
@Randombobman - all of our leagues are 10-12 players, so no 8 team leagues. More challenging that way. Most of the leagues (if not all) do PPR scoring with fractional points (not whole numbers). The prevailing theme seems to be Auction this year, with 3 out of 4 leagues drafting in that format.

Understood. well slot me into whatever league has an opening, though not with the 1334 people please, this is only my second year playing fantasy football

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I assume I'm in league D since its still scheduled for 7 PM on the 25th, requesting that be pushed back an hour or two.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
my mistake texas, I meant to move League D back and leave League C the same. Changing now...

also @Randombobman if you want to play please send me your email so I can invite to join the league.

Yahoo just updated their iOS and Android apps to allow people to draft from their mobile devices. Just thought I'd share that with all of you since it might allow you to be more available for draft times.

Going to check my email now to sign up. It has me in yet to register as Pkftmfw, my name before Laurel. Hopefully I got the email. Yup got it & in as DeMarco Polo (:

Apparently my computer and Yahoo are mortal enemies because every time I try and make an account to sign up for the league, my laptop crashes. I'd do it from my phone but I broke the screen wednesday night and won't have another one for at least a week. I guess count me out dammit

Just replaced an owner for a keeper auction league, in need of a second opinion. Rules are a little complicated.

Each team can keep 3 keepers a year, for either their draft price + $3, $10 for waiver wire pickups (if they were contested, basically), and $3 for free agents (uncontested waiver wire pickups). However, new owners (ie me + 1 other person) get to choose between either their new team's keepers, or any player not already being kept.

Since there's 2 new owners, we're basically doing a snake draft to choose our 3 keepers. I have picks 1, 4, and 5, while he has 2, 3, and 6. Here's a list of guys I'm looking at: (Scoring is 1 PPR, 6 point passing TDs, $200 budget)

Dez Bryant: $27
Chris Ivory: $3
Colin Kaepernick: $3
Rashard Mendenhall: $8
Demaryius Thomas/Percy Harvin/Andre Johnson: All $28

And these guys are likely to be available (not everyone has picked keepers yet):

Reggie Bush: $27
Vincent Jackson: $20
Reggie Wayne: $16
Matt Forte: $52
Dwayne Bowe: $14
James Jones: $3
Cecil Shorts: $10
Darren Sproles: $43
Jason Witten: $10

I am positively enamored with Dez Bryant. I absolutely will not let him go for $27 under any circumstances. Would it be crazy to pick him #1, even if it means likely losing Ivory or Kaepernick for $3, or losing Reggie Bush for $27? Bush has a solid chance at producing like a top 10 RB, and Ivory should be decent (top 20-25) which would be a steal for $3. I basically want to use the strategy I did last year, going all in on 3 elite WRs (Marshall, Megatron, and Julio are already gone, AJ Green is likely to be gone for $34) and have them carry me through games with only decent RBs. I managed to win my league despite drafting Fred Jackson in the 2nd round using this strategy last year. Would it be crazy to pass on such cheap steals for someone like Bryant?

Oh, here's an example list of PPR auction values based on $100. For example, Dez Bryant is 38/200, Bush is 32/200, Ivory is 18/100, Kaep is 20/200.
A little update:

The local Taco of our league decided that his 4-9 team was so bad he didn't want to keep anybody from it... including Alfred Morris, which was keepable for only $10. Ivory/Mendenhall/Kaepernick were tempting, but I decided to go with my gut and pick Bryant/Vincent Jackson for $27/$20, hopefully giving me the best WR tandem in the league. Hoping to pick up another top 10 RB or Forte/Sproles/Bush as my RB2 for around $40-50, thus leaving me around $95 to pick up a flex, QB, TE, and bench. With half the league keeping a quarterback, I'm hoping I can get a good deal on one, and getting a good flex should be pretty easy. Just going to have to decide if I want to spend my bench money on one or two great players, or a scattering of decent players/sleepers.

We're still missing 3 people from League C last year, so if you want to rejoin make sure to do that! Draft is in 2.5 weeks, and I'm sure WB's getting ready to replace your spot anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)