Playoffs Smogon Grand Slam IV - Play-offs - No Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
lol atticus literally played all of his games of his ost run in skype with east guys (and that was a known fact at the time) and nothing ever happened. smogon's bias never stops surprising me. oo
"literally played all of his games in a skype call" seriously who the fuck are you? I played one game in a skype call (the finals vs valentine) and it sure as hell wasn't me asking every god damn turn for advice. I have no idea where rumours like this start from but I can't say I'm surprised considering the average age of the people that play this game is like 15-17. Gotta love it when no name trash starts making up garbage about players with actual achievements, stay classy!

edit: I've come to realize that mighty mask is sogeking, who is still salty about getting haxed in OST and naturally decided to make up rumours about me out of spite. I just want to let it be known that sogeking was an average player at best who I repeatedly destroyed in a world cup where I was already washed up. He sucks ass at this game and I'm not surprised that he was banned multiple times for being a terrible human being in general.

Last edited:
WhiteQueen, how about you and me go on and make it your prime goal to promote Fairplay in this lovely place? Wouldn't that be a meaningful occupation!?

I can't do it alone, i need you!

Have a nice day

edit: Back off Tobes, no need to insult me.

Last edited:

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
fuzzy is a god damn legend and one of the few players here, who got enough integrity to bitch about ghosting without making a fool of themselves

Tele

a quality human being
I played one game in a skype call (the finals vs valentine) and it sure as hell wasn't me asking every god damn turn for advice.
I was able to deduce 2 things by reading this line only:

1- atticus played finals in a skype call. that alone is worthy of condemnation and of serious thought.

2- atticus wasnt the one asking for advices "every god damn turn". Now, thats the point i want to focus on. 'Cos atticus is implicitly implying that, even though "he for sure didnt ask for advices", someone elses did. there is no other possible interpretation. and by the rules, this is to be considered ghosting.

we only have the word of others with atticus and we didn't receive that until well over a year after the tournament's conclusion.
word of others? what are you talking about, the dude just made a confession without duress l0l

nvm cieles post i referred to here was made before atticus' blatant confession, so lets see what will happen

Last edited:

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why don't you let the TDs investigate instead of making a complete fucking cock of yourself trying to level huge accusations against people based on lines plucked out of context that contain no hard, incriminating evidence whatsoever? shoving your head into everything trying to look like some private eye bigshot just aggravates people and has the potential to leave you with a supermarket full of eggs on your face.

stai zitto, sei un grande idiot LOL

Last edited:
why don't you let the TDs investigate instead of making a complete fucking cock of yourself trying to level huge accusations against people based on lines plucked out of context that contain no hard, incriminating evidence whatsoever? shoving your head into everything trying to look like some private eye bigshot just aggravates people and has the potential to leave you with a supermarket full of eggs on your face.

stai zitto, sei un grande idiot LOL
?

tele is a complete idiot and like the last guy I want to defend but do you really think there's no reason to pressure (not that a forum post from a guy nobody takes seriously puts any actual pressure on them but hey) the TDs over the fact that barely anyone is ever punished for cheating when they're the only ones who could possibly do something about it? There's also nothing "out of context" about him literally saying that he played the finals of an individual trophy tournament in a skype call, so feel free to elaborate on that too.

Note that I have no beef whatsoever with atticus himself and some of the TDs are good friends of mine, so miss me with your wisdoms about this post making me look bad or "aggravating people" as if that's any sort of argument.

Also note that none other than CasedVictory exposed Mazar in the first place so how's that for pulic perception

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
?

tele is a complete idiot and like the last guy I want to defend but do you really think there's no reason to pressure (not that a forum post from a guy nobody takes seriously puts any actual pressure on them but hey) the TDs over the fact that barely anyone is ever punished for cheating when they're the only ones who could possibly do something about it? There's also nothing "out of context" about him literally saying that he played the finals of an individual trophy tournament in a skype call, so feel free to elaborate on that too.

Note that I have no beef whatsoever with atticus himself and some of the TDs are good friends of mine, so miss me with your wisdoms about this post making me look bad or "aggravating people" as if that's any sort of argument.

Also note that none other than CasedVictory exposed Mazar in the first place so how's that for pulic perception
my point isn't that there shouldn't be any public pressure on TDs to snuff out people who are ghosting, because if literally nothing is being done then that sucks and should be followed up somehow. my point is that tele makes himself look like a fucking moron bursting into every thread with his worldly views and trying to make accusations based on what is kind of 'shaky' evidence when there is no definitive, concrete proof that atticus was getting ghosted and when people only started bringing the possibility of atticus having been ghosted up ages after OST (although i will admit that skype calls are a bit ehhhhhh in individual tour situations, so i kind of erred in calling it 'completely out of context'. oops.) he could have made himself look less like some attention-seeking sleuth by PMing TDs instead of making a show of himself in a public thread with his sherlock-esque deductive abilities

Reactions: hs

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I gotta say i generally am not a fan of the tele posts but the dude saying he played the finals of an official tournament in a skype call annoys me a lot(not anything against atticus, like ginku said)

Really interested in the outcome of this! I know that there was a similar incident in ost with Style, so should we expect a similar decision or something different?
Similar in a sense someone cheated and got far, in this case winning. However the deception does not run as deep, nor was Mazar having his opponents tell him exactly what play they were making every turn.

That being said it runs pretty deep and possibly had some effect on all the opens, skewing results to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)